Recruiting - 2018 class

NextYearBill

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/26/2017 at 8:23 AM, ACE said:

Wait, I thought you were an "insider" of STL Hoops? Yet, you don't know if SLU offered Reece? I don't recall him ever getting an offer. You may not be aware of this, but SLU has a top 100 caliber big coming in this year and another one coming in next year. No room for Reece. You are either completely clueless about SLU hoops or back to your old tricks of pushing SLU to take second tier local recruits.  

No, I stopped being an insider of STL HOOPS when I stopped my recruiting service and started coaching college basketball from 2009-2015. I only casually follow the high school hoops scene now. I mostly watch NBA now, its better than ever!!

32 minutes ago, SLURadioBoy said:

Looks like the Rhoden official visit is still going on as planned.

https://twitter.com/PatLawless_/status/913750275260911617

Was just about to post this. I can't find any indication otherwise. I don't know the schedule for his other visits, but have to imagine that his other four finalists - Wichita State, Seton Hall, Santa Clara, and Penn State - will get them, assuming he takes all five.

Plenty of other updates in the Recruiting Lists thread: Justin Ahrens to Ohio State, Jeenathan Williams to Buffalo (weird, because he transferred from his HS in Rochester to a prep school out in California), Marcus Littles to GW, Mike Devoe to GT, Ayo Dosunmu down to 7, Keldon Johnson down to 4, and Omar Silverio down to 3. We didn't make any of those lists. Some other updates in there, too.

On ‎9‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 8:47 PM, brianstl said:

THT is taking his first official visit this weekend at X.

Georgetown HC Patrick Ewing was out to see him this week at Simeon open gym. Illinois has been sending assistants there frequently.

THT's mom posted a photo of her and THT meeting Oscar Robertson at what appears to be the First Watch in Rookwood Center in Cincinnati, which is near Xavier's campus. So we have visual confirmation of this visit. I think they could've done better restaurant-wise, but whatever.

He's expected to take an official to Michigan soon, and it would be his second official. He took an unofficial there a few weeks ago.

He's rumored to be trimming his list to 3-6 shortly, with Xavier, Illinois, Iowa State, and Michigan being mentioned the most (primarily due to fan/scout presence on Twitter), but THT himself said a week ago that Kansas, Ohio State, Dayton, and SLU are all also in the mix. Clearly Georgetown is still making an effort, too. So that means of his final 13, things appear to have gone cold with Florida State, Mizzou, Michigan State, and Georgia Tech.

CBFan likes this

2 hours ago, Pistol said:

Georgetown HC Patrick Ewing was out to see him this week at Simeon open gym. Illinois has been sending assistants there frequently.

THT's mom posted a photo of her and THT meeting Oscar Robertson at what appears to be the First Watch in Rookwood Center in Cincinnati, which is near Xavier's campus. So we have visual confirmation of this visit. I think they could've done better restaurant-wise, but whatever.

He's expected to take an official to Michigan soon, and it would be his second official. He took an unofficial there a few weeks ago.

He's rumored to be trimming his list to 3-6 shortly, with Xavier, Illinois, Iowa State, and Michigan being mentioned the most (primarily due to fan/scout presence on Twitter), but THT himself said a week ago that Kansas, Ohio State, Dayton, and SLU are all also in the mix. Clearly Georgetown is still making an effort, too. So that means of his final 13, things appear to have gone cold with Florida State, Mizzou, Michigan State, and Georgia Tech.

Thank you for the update.

I would love to see THT make a visit.

Boy this other thread, you know which one, sure has put a damper on the recruiting thread. Here's hoping that is resolved sooner rather than later.  Would hate to see it drag past mis October.

Any inside word on the Rhoden visit and how it is going......assuming he is on campus.  And saw a twitter feed that said he was still coming this weekend.

Him or THT would be a good third commit.

28 minutes ago, WVBilliken said:

Boy this other thread, you know which one, sure has put a damper on the recruiting thread. Here's hoping that is resolved sooner rather than later.  Would hate to see it drag past mis October.

Any inside word on the Rhoden visit and how it is going......assuming he is on campus.  And saw a twitter feed that said he was still coming this weekend.

Him or THT would be a good third commit.

i think those are both pipe dreams at this point

11 minutes ago, 615Billiken said:

Good company. It's crazy to see the schools that we are on lists with compared to the previous years under Crews. Question to the board: was SLU in the mix with these type of schools during the Majerus years of in eras past?

Majerus knew his type of player. Usually quick and undersized. Put a premium on work ethic and basketball IQ over skill. His offensive and defensive strategies were built on precision spacing and timing. He saw things in recruits the big boys didn’t and he got the most out their talent.  Comparing Fords recruiting strategy to Majerus is like comparing  Apple to oranges 

LindellWest likes this

10 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Majerus knew his type of player. Usually quick and undersized. Put a premium on work ethic and basketball IQ over skill. His offensive and defensive strategies were built on precision spacing and timing. He saw things in recruits the big boys didn’t and he got the most out their talent.  Comparing Fords recruiting strategy to Majerus is like comparing  Apple to oranges 

Spot on. Furthermore, it takes a basketball genius of Majerus' caliber just to spot this type of player. I'm not saying Ford doesn't know how to find a diamond in the rough. But Majerus took kids people didn't give a second look and turned them into All-Americans. 

Part of Majerus' strategy was knowing he wouldn't have to compete with the big dogs to get that kid, Ford is willing to tango with anyone.