Recruiting - 2018 class

NextYearBill

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

Yeah, that's just not sensible. You don't deny another kid an opportunity because of what happened to a prior kid. Plus, it's not 1995, you can recruit kids by cell phone, AAU coaches, and various other forms outside of a high school coach that may or may not be around at that school for years to come. You do what's best for your program. Seniors and local kids are usually safe.

You're not denying anything...you're protecting players from being screwed over again.  

11 hours ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

Jared Ridder is transferring to be close to home.  

I always thought that move to Xavier was weird.  They brought in a pg plus three wings including Ridder.  They have two Senior wings.  Playing time was going to be tight for someone.  Wish him the best tho.  Saw him against Webster Groves last year...he can ball.

6 minutes ago, Franchise_08 said:

Who would want to play for Penn St basketball? 

I recognize your sarcasm, but there are unfortunately many casual college hoops fans, even in STL, who assume it's better to play for a bottom feeder Big Ten or Big East team than a top A10 team. Personally I don't get it, but I guess it's all about that $$$

20 hours ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

Screwed by advising them the opportunity for playing time lies elsewhere? You want a coach to lie to the kid and have him stay and not play and waste everyone's time?

I wouldn't want my players playing for a coach who runs them off by not developing them.  Many coaches feel the same way.