Recruiting - 2018 class

NextYearBill

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, MattyMo213 said:

As long as Gordon has his decision to go to SLU pinned on his twitter and he keeps liking other tweets related to SLU (i.e. Thatch's birthday tweet YESTERDAY) I'm not at all convinced he's leaving.

cant help that his HS coach is a bigger mizzou guy

I don't get why people find it so crazy that a coach won't recruit a kid that's verbally committed.  This isn't college football, this is basketball so only 13 scholarships to go around and only playing time for even less than that.  Plenty of talent out there to build a team that can be a tournament team, why waste time on a kid that said he wants to go elsewhere?

It will be disappointing if we lose Gordon but the good thing is, I can come to the board and see the guys who instead of just being happy make accounts to try and go after another teams fans.  It makes me smile and think, "at least I am not that pathetic". 

And the P5 exposure is a total college football myth that those schools try to apply to basketball.  Isn't true.  

Just now, slu is lame said:

travis ford is the most upstanding person in the world and would never leave a school he coaches for let alone committed to and he teaches recruits the same values.

1 minute ago, slu is lame said:

i love SLU! SLU is the greatest ever. how dare mizzou target stl kids and want to build up there basketball program at the expense of this amazing mid-major program.

I think this guy is getting the hang of it. 

Just now, slu is lame said:

travis ford is the most upstanding person in the world and would never leave a school he coaches for let alone committed to and he teaches recruits the same values.

Last time I checked, Travis Ford had had longer tenures as head coach at two different schools than Cuonzo "Mr. 3-years-max" Martin has ever managed.

2 minutes ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

Ish Wainwright, Kevin Punter, George Goode, Anton Beard, Aaron Scales and many more committed to Mizzou then recommitted, no hard feelings everyone moved on. And I'm tired of you guys attacking kids character for recommitting. Javon Bess committed to Akron, decommitted and then chose SLU.

I hope SLU beats Harris Stowe by 150. 

1 hour ago, 101 said:

You guys wanted to play with the big boys.  Now you finally get someone who can recruit a little and you ***** about the rules.  You better get used to it because most good players from STL don't want to play St. Bonaventure and the rest of the A 10.  They want P5 exposure.  That's just a fact of life

They probably would prefer to play at a school that has actually won a few NCAA Tournament games since their 10th birthday.