Recruiting - 2018 class

NextYearBill

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is an unbelievably bad message for the youth of this country.  Martin is encouraging kids to back out of promises they have made.  Who would want this man to 'guide' their son through the formative years of college.  No way for me.  I prefer someone with integrity, not someone who encourages kids to go back on their word. 

Another interesting trend with Missouri is how many of their commitments in 2017 and 2018 were previously committed elsewhere. Watson had initially pledged to Ohio State and of the seven players to commit to Missouri since Martin was hired, six were committed elsewhere before choosing the Tigers.

9 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

This is an unbelievably bad message for the youth of this country.  Martin is encouraging kids to back out of promises they have made.  Who would want this man to 'guide' their son through the formative years of college.  No way for me.  I prefer someone with integrity, not someone who encourages kids to go back on their word. 

Another interesting trend with Missouri is how many of their commitments in 2017 and 2018 were previously committed elsewhere. Watson had initially pledged to Ohio State and of the seven players to commit to Missouri since Martin was hired, six were committed elsewhere before choosing the Tigers.

Oddly enough, Travis Ford didn't finish his eligibility in college with the coach he committed to out of high school.

18 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

So you're telling me Ford is not trying to flip Watson right now?  Come on.  These guys are free agents until they sign the paper.

7 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Oddly enough, he transferred when Mizzou was put on probation for recruiting violations.  Hmmmm.......

You guys wanted to play with the big boys.  Now you finally get someone who can recruit a little and you ***** about the rules.  You better get used to it because most good players from STL don't want to play St. Bonaventure and the rest of the A 10.  They want P5 exposure.  That's just a fact of life

Just now, 101 said:

You guys wanted to play with the big boys.  Now you finally get someone who can recruit a little and you ***** about the rules.  You better get used to it because most good players from STL don't want to play St. Bonaventure and the rest of the A 10.  They want P5 exposure.  That's just a fact of life

I didn't complain about the rules.  I just added pertinent info to your post.

2 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Pretty confident Ford is not trying to flip a player who just committed on Friday. I feel pretty good in that statement. 

Ya think he may have asked Watson to change his mind when he found out?  You gotta be ok with losing a few if you want to recruit against the big boys.  That's not breaking the rules.  That's following the rules.  Verbal commits mean dick. 

7 minutes ago, 101 said:

Ya think he may have asked Watson to change his mind when he found out?  You gotta be ok with losing a few if you want to recruit against the big boys.  That's not breaking the rules.  That's following the rules.  Verbal commits mean dick. 

Someone brought up that Travis transferred.  I pointed out why.  You are the one getting all worked up about it.

1 minute ago, 101 said:

Ya think he may have asked Watson to change his mind when he found out?  You gotta be ok with losing a few if you want to recruit against the big boys.  That's not breaking the rules.  That's following the rules.  Verbal commits mean dick to some coaches like Cuonzo Martin

Fixed it for you.

1 minute ago, 101 said:

Lol ok. Let's definitely continue to discuss hypothetical situations in which neither one of us will have concrete proof. Sounds fun. 

Mizzou has and will always disappoint. For example, this past Saturday. I'm confident this too shall pass. 

31 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Oddly enough, he transferred when Mizzou was put on probation for recruiting violations.  Hmmmm.......

Glad we can agree that changing circumstances indicating a lack of integrity is a laughably terrible argument.