Recruiting - 2018 class

NextYearBill

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully the visit with Rhoden went well.

He has 9 in-home visits listed, but 11 finalists; UMass and Oregon State aren't on there. Not sure if he's already sat down with them, or if he's eliminated them.

In other 2018 news, Isaac Likekele committed to Fresno State.

On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 5:48 PM, TheChosenOne said:

I thought Shaw was interested in a major offered by SIUC, but not offered by SLU or am I misremembering? I do remember the coaches thinking we had him though, would have been a huge get. I had heard Grimes would have certainly been a Billiken had Romar stayed, apparently his mom loved Lorenzo and thought he would be a great mentor for her son.

Yeah, he said it was because SIUC offered an academic program that SLU didn't.

21 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Hopefully the visit with Rhoden went well.

He has 9 in-home visits listed, but 11 finalists; UMass and Oregon State aren't on there. Not sure if he's already sat down with them, or if he's eliminated them.

In other 2018 news, Isaac Likekele committed to Fresno State.

Rhoden did not have a visit with UMass.  I think that means they have both moved on.

30 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

If you have read much from Gabe you would know he absolutely despises  SLU. I wouldn't put any stock in his opinion. He has looked down his nose at us for years.  

40 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Gabe D has been the biggest Missouri ass kisser  around.  He doesn't even try to be impartial.  

Martin cannot be thought of as having the top hand until this coming season is over. If his team performs sensationally this season, as a lot of people think they may given the level of talent that has joined Mizzou, then Martin may indeed have the spotlight in both recruiting and playing. If the Mizzou team has a mediocre season this year Martin will be hurt. They do need a big win this year.

1 hour ago, HenryB said:

If you have read much from Gabe you would know he absolutely despises  SLU. I wouldn't put any stock in his opinion. He has looked down his nose at us for years.  

I haven't gotten that at all.   Hes a KC-mizzou guy.  most Kc mizzou people have little to no feeling towards SLU.  i.e Matter may be a different story. 

3 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

That's good for Cuonzo, because he can't get anyone outside of STL unless he gives their dad a job.

Goodwin & Gordon are obviously very talented and want to wear Billiken blue and rep STL.

Mizzou is a non-issue.  If some talented local kids want to go there good for them.  Some kids always want to rep the state school.  Shows how jacked-up Mizzou is that it took them until 2017 to become relevant in Saint Louis basketball talent.  

We'll get as good or better talent from other places.  This is the best group of recruiting coaches we have had.

No worries.

3 minutes ago, Macallan 18 said:

That's good for Cuonzo, because he can't get anyone outside of STL unless he gives their dad a job.

Goodwin & Gordon are obviously very talented and want to wear Billiken blue and rep STL.

Mizzou is a non-issue.  If some talented local kids want to go there good for them.  Some kids always want to rep the state school.  Shows how jacked-up Mizzou is that it took them until 2017 to become relevant in Saint Louis basketball talent.  

We'll get as good or better talent from other places.  This is the best group of recruiting coaches we have had.

No worries.

Gabriel obviously thinks we'll hear Gordon to Mizzou in the coming week.