Recruiting - 2018 class

NextYearBill

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, moytoy12 said:

Understood, but what have you done for SLU? 

I'll just give one example and leave it at that. It was 2010 I believe, which would've been the end of my first year coaching at Harris-Stowe. SLU was hosting a transfer recruit named Jake Barnett. For whatever reason, the team didn't have enough guys to scrimmage full court. Jensen woke me up out of the bed to bring guys over. I know he was thought it was just be guys walking across the street from dorms, but all but one of our guys lived off campus because our scholarships didn't cover dorms or out of state tuition. I spent 3 hours calling guys and driving around town picking them up and then spent about 90 minutes watching the open gym, so I could tell them how it went because the coaches couldn't be present and another 45 minutes telling Jake how great the program was.  There was a need, and I helped. Only coached against Mizzou. Never coached against SLU.

5 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

We're screwed --- the VP has spoken.  Can't argue with that.

No kidding.  I thought we were fine when it was just Gordon that had the interest in going to another school but now that another school would be interested in a top 100 kid?  Didn't see that coming.  

I suggest , based on the insider, in-the-know information provided by our new poster, VP and a few of our longer time posters who have Tiger tats, that we just move on from Gordon.  Time to concede to him to SPUMAC.  Maybe V-Time can give us the names of a few local kids who can lessen the loss of Gordon blow.

I heard CG was afraid that he wouldn't get any playing time at SLU because of French, but that he had no worries about Tillmon at the Zoo since he doesn't expect JT to be on the Tiger squad next year.  I have inside information on JT's situation, but I don't feel at liberty to discuss what I know, since it would reveal my sources.

14 minutes ago, Bills_06 said:

New podcast up talking about Gordon and Watson.  I can't access it at work though so no recap from me.

What an awful pod.  An hour and change in content if they just quit stammering and stuttering could have filled 15 minutes.  Nothing new in it.

9 minutes ago, thetorch said:

What an awful pod.  An hour and change in content if they just quit stammering and stuttering could have filled 15 minutes.  Nothing new in it.

It is way too slow. Just said 60-70% chance he stays at SLU. Down from upper 90s late last week.

17 minutes ago, SLURadioBoy said:

Frank provided a Gordon update on his monologue today, but I missed it. They haven't posted it yet so I can't provide a recap at the moment.

So Frank thinks that Gordon AND Watson are ending up at SLU? Is this what I am gathering? 

Also- F*** Mizzou. Words to live by. 

4 minutes ago, prebilliken said:

So Frank thinks that Gordon AND Watson are ending up at SLU? Is this what I am gathering? 

Also- F*** Mizzou. Words to live by. 

Ok, they finally posted it. Frank said that Gordon was at Mizzou on Saturday at the game with Porter and Tilmon, but he was also at SLU Saturday morning with his girlfriend and met with the coaches. SLU feels like the commitment is strong.

Martin is a total slime imo.   he has already stolen two recruits committed elsewhere (tillmon and porter) now trying to take gordon.   if i am a recruit, i would be thinking about the honor that the man is not showing by coming in and getting in the middle of these commits.   imo it doesnt show much class and would give me pause to put my future in his hands.  At least i would think twice about his word since he has no qualms about interferring in a promise a young man has with another program.   

of course the whole thing also doesnt say much for a recruit like porter or tillmon for reneging on their commit either.   

the whole thing definitely says one thing.  the old mi$$ouri is back.  sigh.