Recruiting - 2018 class

NextYearBill

2 hours ago, Old guy said:

I do not think you can say that, for all you know Gordon had been recruited for many months by the time he committed. The extraordinary thing, purely due to chance, was that his committment was only 3 days after Goodwin. This is a chance event, you can bet money that Gordon was recruited for a lot longer than 3 days. Each recruitment progresses at its own pace, some go faster than others, I doubt that any recruitment takes only 3 days although I could be wrong in this regard.

Nope. The day after French committed was the first day Ford talked to Gordon. 3 days later he committed. Fact.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you know this for a proven fact then Ford does walk on water, and when I say Ford I mean whoever it was that got to Gordon. Let's see now, the last human being that walked on water was crucified if I remember correctly... How much time does he have left?

17 hours ago, almaman said:

Saw Gordon (I assume) on float at Webster Groves parade. I screamed out some go Bill's stuff and clapped hardily at a slow spot so I feel he's secure.

yep. Him and Ramey sat in the front

Carte'Are down to 45 in the Rivals 2018. Definitely doesn't matter to me, but I'm guessing his "fall" is due to not playing at all this summer essentially. 

https://n.rivals.com/prospect_rankings/rivals150/2018 

(.Yes, I know rankings don't matter. Yes, I think he's going to be a beast. At this point in the summer I'm looking for any sort of Billiken info nuggets)

Loads of updates in the Recruiting Lists by Class thread. Some highlights:

-Tim Finke's top 5: Oregon, Ohio State, Notre Dame, Illinois, Vandy. No indication of a leader, but wings recently committed to OSU (Watson) and Notre Dame.

-Talen Horton-Tucker has been busy, visiting SLU, Illinois, Northwestern, Xavier, Iowa State, Purdue, and Ohio State. He has offers from all now. Rumors are that he's committing as soon as August and not going far from home (although if those are his finalists, they're all relatively close to Chicago, anyway).

-George Conditt is really rising rapidly, racking up offers all over the place.

-Isaiah Mucius plans to cut his list after July.

Updated Rivals Top 150 rankings for 2018 offer list - Name, New Rank (Previous)

Ayo Dosunmu, 21 (30)

Keldon Johnson, 24 (33)

Carteare Gordon, 45 (24)

Isaiah Mucius, 66 (52)

Landers Nolley, 70 (62)

Will Richardson, 78 (79)

Michael Devoe, 97 (144)

Talen Horton-Tucker, 102 (115)

Wynston Tabbs, 134 (130)

Jeenathan Williams, 135 (107)

Not Ranked: Chase Audige, Junub Char Chuol, George Conditt, Karrington Davis (145), Kyler Edwards, Alan Griffin, Demarius Jacobs, Trey Jemison (98), Tony Johnson, Souleymane Koureissi, Isaac Likekele, Marcus Littles (137), Markquis Nowell (120), Arashma Parks, Joe Reece, Jared Rhoden, Alex Rivera, Omar Silverio, Fred Thatch, Tyson Walker, Dallas Watson, Tyrese Williams, Vincent Williams.

Interest List: Justin Ahrens, 136 (NR), and the rest are unranked: Kale Catchings, Jericole Hellems, Drew Peterson, Gaven Pinkley.

Other names of note (including players SLU offered but have committed elsewhere):

Jontay Porter, 11 (23)

Darius Garland, 12 (8)

Darius Bazley, 25 - committed to Syracuse

Courtney Ramey, 34 (29)

Cole Swider, 40 (90) - committed to Villanova

Foster Loyer, 65 - committed to Michigan State

Tim Finke, 91 (88) - down to Oregon, Ohio State, Vandy, Illinois, Notre Dame

Torrence Watson, 108 (100) - committed to Ohio State

Jordan Lathon, 116 (138) - committed to Northwestern

Jordan Walker, NR (91) - committed to Seton Hall

4 minutes ago, slu72 fan said:

Thanks, watched for about 10 months minutes and no Gordon. 

Yeah, he's not on the bench either (unless he has a different number than what's listed on the roster). What's up with our man?