Recruiting - 2018 class

NextYearBill

10 minutes ago, TFord and TRavs said:

Because Gordon will take a lot of minutes that's why

Of course you are correct.  All the big 3 transfers will graduate in 4 yrs of college. None will worry about playing for a NCAA tournament quality team.  In addition to Foreman and Bess, Santos will leave without ever stepping on the court for SLU.  Johnson will be so concerned that he will go to a D 2 school and Gordon will play 40 minutes per game at either the 3, 4 or 5 spots.  Goodwin will be jealous of all the attention Gordon is getting and French will get tired of breaking inferior quality rims in the Billiken practice facility and head back east.  Hines will apply for another hardship exemption which will be granted  and TF's son will come in as a combo PG/SG. 

Does this all sound stupid?  Well not as stupid as your immature, all 3 transfers will leave because of Gordon post.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, TFord and TRavs said:

Because Gordon will take a lot of minutes that's why

Do read your posts before you send them?  So Gordon is going to take away major minutes from THREE players.  Really?  Games are 40 minutes.  You need 200 minutes from your team to complete a game.  Yes this is basic, but you seem to not know what you are talking about.  If in your crazy world Gordon averaged 40 minutes a game, that still leaves (can you do the math?) 160 minutes.  That's enough for five to seven players.  Where is Glory Days when we need him to explain this to you?

2 hours ago, TFord and TRavs said:

If one of our first three*

You have never answered my first point, that is that none of the 3 could be grad transfers unless they have graduated at the end of next year.  I think that is not likely and that they will not graduate until the year they complete their eligibility-two years from now.  I admit that I don't know that to be a fact, but then you don't know if they will graduate at the end of next year.  Finally, let's assume that one of them is in fact eligible to grad transfer next year, but that one happens to be AD.  Do you really think Gordon's arrival would cause him to leave since AD would obviously not lose any minutes to Gordon?  I think AD will welcome Gordon with open arms, seeing how much better Gordon can make the team.

I think at this point it is time for you to just admit your post was not well thought out - that's ok, we all make mistakes in some of our posts.

15 minutes ago, Coach314 said:

Heard over the weekend that Karrington Davis of Chaminade will be attending a Prep School this year.  Anyone know if that's true?

I saw that Chaminade played in some team camp this past weekend and he was not in the team picture, so that would make sense.

10 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

From Twitter it sounds like 2018 commits are picking up. Come on..... somebody. 

SLU offeree Cole Swider picked Villanova over Xavier, Duke, and Syracuse.

A 79 rating from ESPN basically puts Thatch in the 100-150 range. Solid.

42 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

But, but what are his AAU stats. That is all that matters according to Glory. 

Here are the various rankings for Thatch which would seem to all put him in that 150-200 range:

ESPN: 3 star (a 79 rating), 38th SG, 5th in MO behind Porter-10, Gordon-23, Ramey-35, and Watson-56. As a frame of reference the 100th ranked player has a rating of 83.

247sports: 3 star (an 88 rating), 184th overall, 42nd SG, 4th in MO behind Gordon-31, Ramey-38, and Watson-101

Rivals: 3 star (outside of the top 150 which is all I am finding). Rivals has a number of Missouri kids rated higher (Porter-10, Gordon-26, Ramey-28, Watson-99, Lathon-128, Christian Bishop-140, and Karrington Davis-144 all in their top 150).

Great to see us keeping him in the state along with Gordon.