Recruiting - 2018 class

NextYearBill

35 minutes ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

I'm not sure how this good for SLU. You don't really want him to change teams and start blowing up nationally, it's just more competition for him on the recruiting trail.

Tate and Ford are working to build a relationship with him.  They were at several games on Vashon's  road to repeating as State Champs

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

50 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

A Thatch gordon Reece class would be pretty great imo

Agree.

The 2018 roster depth by position looks strong across the board.  PLAYERS listed in no particular order.

POINT GUARD..........JG, JB, TG

SHOOTING GUARD..........AH, FT

CENTER..........CG, LS

SMALL FORWARD.........JB, JJ

POWER FORWARD..........DF, HF, EW

Clearly SLU has the luxury to fill that last scholarship with the best player they can get.  My preference would be a big swing guy.........like Joseph Reece.

6 minutes ago, WVBilliken said:

Agree.

The 2018 roster depth by position looks strong across the board.  PLAYERS listed in no particular order.

POINT GUARD..........JG, JB, TG

SHOOTING GUARD..........AH, FT

CENTER..........CG, LS

SMALL FORWARD.........JB, JJ

POWER FORWARD..........DF, HF, EW

Clearly SLU has the luxury to fill that last scholarship with the best player they can get.  My preference would be a big swing guy.........like Joseph Reece.

Reece would be nice. I'm also intrigued by the athleticism and outside shooting ability of Karrington Davis. I think either would be great additions.

16 hours ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

I'm not sure how this good for SLU. You don't really want him to change teams and start blowing up nationally, it's just more competition for him on the recruiting trail.

Not worried. Ford has proven he can land kids that have "blown up nationally." Considering the quality of recruits Ford has been going after, I think the bigger question is... is this kid better than some of the other options we will have?

10 minutes ago, brianstl said:

The stories from East St. Louis should be fun when Jontay averages more MPG than Tilmon.

This is my thought.  I could easily see an unhappy Tilmon leading to him transferring when the coach's son gets more minutes.  And it could be deserving, still leads to thoughts of playing favorites with 2 of your kids on the team.  

1 hour ago, Bills_06 said:

This is my thought.  I could easily see an unhappy Tilmon leading to him transferring when the coach's son gets more minutes.  And it could be deserving, still leads to thoughts of playing favorites with 2 of your kids on the team.  

Tilmon won't transfer... he'd have to sit out a year.  

Remember that great Kentucky team from a few years back?  Didn't even make the tournament and lost in the first NIT round to Robert Morris.  All I'm saying is not all great teams on paper perform on the court. 

I'm glad Mizzou fans now have high expectations.  As we do.  One piece of bread is like a steak meal to a starving shipwrecked soul.  Which is what followers of both programs have been for the recent past. 

14 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

Remember that great Kentucky team from a few years back?  Didn't even make the tournament and lost in the first NIT round to Robert Morris.  All I'm saying is not all great teams on paper perform on the court. 

I'm glad Mizzou fans now have high expectations.  As we do.  One piece of bread is like a steak meal to a starving shipwrecked soul.  Which is what followers of both programs have been for the recent past. 

There is also the Cuonzo coached 2015-2016 Cal team with 2 top 8 recruits (both in the top 5 according to Scout) and another 3 star recruit joining a Cal team that had 18 wins the year before with Wallace as a senior who was drafted after the season that went 12-6 in Pac-12 play before losing as a 4 seed to 13 seed Hawaii.  

29 minutes ago, WVBilliken said:

I would never wish that a young man fails.  I don't care where he goes to school, even Mizzou.  Best of luck to young Mr. Tilmon.

Bideschied did not fail because he was bad or lacked talent, he failed because he himself resisted all efforts to get him to play as part of a team, had an exorbitant opinion about his self worth and importance, and took offense quickly thinking he was being put down by the coaches whenever they tried to correct his flaws. Clock's post is basically comparing the personalities and attitudes of both players, Biedschied, the failed one, and Tilmon, who still has a chance to make his college career work for himself and move forward in life. I think we all wish him good luck with his career and hope he does not blow it.

7 minutes ago, Old guy said:

Bideschied did not fail because he was bad or lacked talent, he failed because he himself resisted all efforts to get him to play as part of a team, had an exorbitant opinion about his self worth and importance, and took offense quickly thinking he was being put down by the coaches whenever they tried to correct his flaws. Clock's post is basically comparing the personalities and attitudes of both players, Biedschied, the failed one, and Tilmon, who still has a chance to make his college career work for himself and move forward in life. I think we all wish him good luck with his career and hope he does not blow it.

I seriously doubt Clock knows the kid except via the media........and you know how reliable and honest the media is.....not very.   I took the post as hoping Tilmon fails.

1 hour ago, Old guy said:

think we all wish him good luck with his career and hope he does not blow it.

Ehhhh, I don't care.  For every talented 6'10" diokhead out there, there's a Kenneth Faried who's willing to do whatever it takes to take that spot.

3 minutes ago, jimbofive said:

Ehhhh, I don't care.  For every talented 6'10" guy out there, there's a Kenneth Faried who's willing to do whatever it takes to take that spot.

Now that you mention it Kenneth faried seems like a perfect comparison for French 

3 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Now that you mention it Kenneth faried seems like a perfect comparison for French 

I'd say it's pretty much only a pitbull, a Charles Barkley, a wolverine and a Denny Rodman that are that ferocious.  I hope French turns out like that... OH BABY.