NextYearBill

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, 615Billiken said:

I apologize is this was clarified earlier:

I am having a hard time understanding the VC website. With Santos' commitment, how many scholarships do we have for 2017? 2018?

Currently we have 2 for 2017 and 3 for 2018 (1 if you consider the two verbal commitments).

This is great that Steve sent a billikens.com corespondent to cover the EYBL this weekend.

So Gordon isn't playing at all this weekend? I saw MOKAN beat BBE this morning in a close game.

1 hour ago, 615Billiken said:

I apologize is this was clarified earlier:

I am having a hard time understanding the VC website. With Santos' commitment, how many scholarships do we have for 2017? 2018?

Next season scholarships:

SR;    Roby

JR:     Foreman, Bess, Henriquez,

SO:    Johnson, Graves, Welmer, Bishop, Santos (RS)

FR:     French, Goodwin

Total of 11 with 2 to give 

Year after next season's scholarships:

SR:  Foreman, Bess, ADH

JR:   Johnson, Welmer, Bishop, Graves, and Santos

SO:   Goodwin, French

FR:   Gordon, Thatch  (Verbals only)

Total of 12

If we sign Pickett for the incoming class with Goodwin and French we would still be one under for this upcoming (next)  year, BUT that would put us as full (13 scholarships) for the year after next.  Obviously, anyone leaving would open up a slot in the scholarship year in which they are leaving. 

Looking at the above and it struck me that we have one power body type in each class---Foreman/Santos/French/Gordon.  I like it!

1 hour ago, bauman said:

Looking at the above and it struck me that we have one power body type in each class---Foreman/Santos/French/Gordon.  I like it!

It is crazy to think about the 2018-19 squad getting off of the bus compared to the team Ford and company inherited. Impressive turnaround in a really short period of time.

3 hours ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

Jontay Porter is now 5 stars as well, no. 23 overall

STLHI, let me put a little bug in your ear.  This site's primary mission is to discuss SLU Billikens athletics — and some other topics associated with its university — especially men's basketball.  It is not a general basketball website.  "Recruiting — 2018 class" means it pertains to players SLU is recruiting.  Posts like the one you've made are the reason you've become viewed with such disdain.

I've met you and have respect for you, so I want to give you the benefit of the doubt.  Perhaps you've been thinking that this community does care or should care about all regional basketball news; I want to correct you, delicately (yet still publicly).  If the benefit of the doubt is unwarranted, then it's obvious that you're trolling.  I can't defend you for any further transgressions, now that you understand, as you should, that posts of this nature are not what your audience is interested in.  Don't you want to post information (since I know you have some, as an insider) that your audience will appreciate without having to filter through feelings of ill will because you've been trying to force-feed them information they simply don't care about?

5 hours ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

And Gerald Liddell (no relation to Tommy) from Cibolo Texas is no 22 overall.  This has the same amount of relevance to the Billiken site as your post does...NONE

5 hours ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

He has already been bought.

2 hours ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

STLHI, let me put a little bug in your ear.  This site's primary mission is to discuss SLU Billikens athletics — and some other topics associated with its university — especially men's basketball.  It is not a general basketball website.  "Recruiting — 2018 class" means it pertains to players SLU is recruiting.  Posts like the one you've made are the reason you've become viewed with such disdain.

I've met you and have respect for you, so I want to give you the benefit of the doubt.  Perhaps you've been thinking that this community does care or should care about all regional basketball news; I want to correct you, delicately (yet still publicly).  If the benefit of the doubt is unwarranted, then it's obvious that you're trolling.  I can't defend you for any further transgressions, now that you understand, as you should, that posts of this nature are not what your audience is interested in.  Don't you want to post information (since I know you have some, as an insider) that your audience will appreciate without having to filter through feelings of ill will because you've been trying to force-feed them information they simply don't care about?

This is page 81 of the thread. Porter was mentioned as recently as page 79, it's not like I brought him up out of nowhere. I feel no obligation to defend. When I ran a scouting service, the board called me a runner or street agent. When I became a college coach, it was said I couldn't won and I did. When I stopped posting and came back people questioned my fandom. What I've learned is no matter the inside information, collegiate coaching experience etc that I have, people will still find fault with my posts. So I truly don't care anymore.  I've earned my respect in many other basketball circles.

13 minutes ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

This is page 81 of the thread. Porter was mentioned as recently as page 79, it's not like I brought him up out of nowhere. I feel no obligation to defend. When I ran a scouting service, the board called me a runner or street agent. When I became a college coach, it was said I couldn't won and I did. When I stopped posting and came back people questioned my fandom. What I've learned is no matter the inside information, collegiate coaching experience etc that I have, people will still find fault with my posts. So I truly don't care anymore.  I've earned my respect in many other basketball circles.

You feel no obligation to defend yourself yet you spent a paragraph telling us why it  was okay and that you should command respect ? 

3 hours ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

Posting mizzery recruiting on a slu message board. Nice. I can't find a place to get my saint Louis u basketball info without having to hear bout that backstabbing family. Vote to change the website domain to billikensonly.com ?

we're not out of the hunt. maybe he won't want to play with brother and dad.

9 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

How some of the unranked 2018 guys we've offered have fared in the EYBL this weekend, through 3 games.

Jalen Lecque, PG, 19 ppg 2 apg

Jared Rhoden, SF 11 ppg 5.7 rpg

Vincent Williams SF 10.3 ppg 7.7 rpg

Junub Chuol PG 9 ppg 3.3 apg

His team was winless in the tournament but in his first game Jalen Lecque went for 35 on only 16 shots.  Averaged nearly 21 ppg for the tournament.  Great job by the staff of identifying him months ago.

1 hour ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

I've defended you a lot and was a fan of the work you did on your site but this above post is illogical, frustrating and disappointing. I am confident that you have earned respect in other circles but I am asking politely that you not continue to troll this board, despite whatever reasons you may have. It is making the reading experience worse for people who have done absolutely nothing to discredit any of the work you've done.