Recruiting - 2018 class

NextYearBill

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, jimbofive said:

We're expecting to hear from Zion Williamson any day now as well.  He'd compete with Welmer for minutes immediately.

Good Lord, just what is the going rate for these players and how much is Ford offering? How long can the athletic department keep backing up the Brinks truck for recruits?

:blink::D

On 4/16/2017 at 2:44 PM, billikenbill said:

Good Lord, just what is the going rate for these players and how much is Ford offering? How long can the athletic department keep backing up the Brinks truck for recruits?

:blink::D

I think having our assistant coaches on a normal pay scale will allow us to extend larger sums for potential players. I think this plays in our favor in the near future. 

I am being really unproductive today and found that Rivals has updated their rankings for 2018. Some kids of note:

-Bol Bol - #7 (5 star) - Manute Bol's son who played in the KC area, but now at Mater Dei. Plays with Cal Supreme (with Shaq's son apparently who is ranked #16)

-Darius Garland - #8 (5 star) - plays with Bradley Beal Elite

-Jontay Porter - #23 (5 star) - plays with MOKAN Elite

-Carte'Are Gordon - #24 (5 star) - SLU commit - plays with MOKAN Elite

-Courtney Ramey - #29 (4 star) - plays with Ramey-Jets United

-Ayo Dosunmu - #30 (4 star) - plays with the Mac Irvin Fire

-Tim Finke - #88 (4 star) - plays with Meanstreets (played with the Eagles last spring)

-Torrence Watson - #100 (4 star) - plays with Ramey-Jets United

-Jordan Lathon (from Grandview, MO) - #138 (3 star) - plays with Team Rush

-Karrington Davis - #145 (3 star) - plays with Bradley Beal Elite

Rankings only go to 150, no Fred Thatch. Session #1 of the EYBL is this weekend, so hopefully we can get some info on how things are going for him with Bradley Beal Elite.

https://n.rivals.com/prospect_rankings/rivals150/2018

6 minutes ago, almaman said:

WG duo both top 30 in all of HSBB in USA and they are defending state champs! Any word on that out of state player was thinking about moving into that district? 

They are going to be fun to watch. I think they are putting a national schedule together, but hopefully we get a Webster/Chaminade game locally this winter.

James Wiseman (5 star/top 10 ranked kid) is the kid rumored to be moving to the St. Louis area from Nashville. I haven't heard anything more about that since Frank C. made mention of it.

The coaching staff is 100% unconcerned about how many stars Mr. Thatch has on various websites.  They are quite pleased with his commitment and potential.  Do they still want Watson?  Certainly, but having Thatch takes the pressure off of landing Mr. Watson.

16 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

They are going to be fun to watch. I think they are putting a national schedule together, but hopefully we get a Webster/Chaminade game locally this winter.

James Wiseman (5 star/top 10 ranked kid) is the kid rumored to be moving to the St. Louis area from Nashville. I haven't heard anything more about that since Frank C. made mention of it.

I heard Frank talk about this again the other day. My memory might be foggy, but I believe he said his mom got tired of all of the travel with playing for the Eagles, so they are moving here. I think he said Wiseman will go to either CBC or WG.

4 minutes ago, SLURadioBoy said:

I heard Frank talk about this again the other day. My memory might be foggy, but I believe he said his mom got tired of all of the travel with playing for the Eagles, so they are moving here. I think he said Wiseman will go to either CBC or WG.

I've heard mom thinks desmet is racist. Likes chmainades history, wg current team, and likes sluhs school. 

3 hours ago, TheChosenOne said:

I am being really unproductive today and found that Rivals has updated their rankings for 2018. Some kids of note:

-Bol Bol - #7 (5 star) - Manute Bol's son who played in the KC area, but now at Mater Dei. Plays with Cal Supreme (with Shaq's son apparently who is ranked #16)

-Darius Garland - #8 (5 star) - plays with Bradley Beal Elite

-Jontay Porter - #23 (5 star) - plays with MOKAN Elite

-Carte'Are Gordon - #24 (5 star) - SLU commit - plays with MOKAN Elite

-Courtney Ramey - #29 (4 star) - plays with Ramey-Jets United

-Ayo Dosunmu - #30 (4 star) - plays with the Mac Irvin Fire

-Tim Finke - #88 (4 star) - plays with Meanstreets (played with the Eagles last spring)

-Torrence Watson - #100 (4 star) - plays with Ramey-Jets United

-Jordan Lathon (from Grandview, MO) - #138 (3 star) - plays with Team Rush

-Karrington Davis - #145 (3 star) - plays with Bradley Beal Elite

Rankings only go to 150, no Fred Thatch. Session #1 of the EYBL is this weekend, so hopefully we can get some info on how things are going for him with Bradley Beal Elite.

https://n.rivals.com/prospect_rankings/rivals150/2018

Full SLU offer list - Name, Current Ranking (Previous Ranking)

Carteare Gordon, 24 (18)

Ayo Dosunmu, 30 (22)

Keldon Johnson, 33 (25)

Isaiah Mucius, 52 (58)

Landers Nolley, 62 (123)

Will Richardson, 79 (89)

Tim Finke, 88 (77)

Cole Swider, 90 (104)

Jordan Walker, 91 (114)

Trey Jemison, 98 (101)

Torrence Watson, 100 (93)

Jeenathan Williams, 107 (100)

Markquis Nowell, 120 (108)

Wynston Tabbs, 130 (NR)

Marcus Littles, 137 (88)

Michael Devoe, 144 (142)

Karrington Davis, 145 (137)

Not Ranked: Fred Thatch, Junub Char Chuol, Tony Johnson, Arashma Parks (111), Joe Reece, Jared Rhoden, Omar Silverio, Dallas Watson, Tyson Walker, Vincent Williams.

Interest and Others (I don't have previous rankings for a few of them):

Darius Garland: 8 (10)

Jontay Porter: 23

Courtney Ramey: 29

Talen Horton-Tucker: 115 (146)

Jordan Lathon: 138

Not Ranked: Kale Catchings, Jericole Hellems, Jalen Lecque, Drew Peterson, Gaven Pinkley

1 hour ago, 3star_recruit said:

2018 G Wynston Tabbs shoots a high percentage from the 3, the free throw line and can finish strong at the rim.  We don't currently have that player on this roster.

He went from not ranked to #130. Had a nice finish to the HS season and I'm sure will draw a lot of attention this AAU season.

I guy I was watching the Blues game with last night said that Gordon released a Top 3 schools recently despite the fact that he committed to us.  He said it was SLU, Kansas, and Missouri.  Anyone know if there is any truth to this?  I freely admit, that he might have been full of it.

2 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

I guy I was watching the Blues game with last night said that Gordon released a Top 3 schools recently despite the fact that he committed to us.  He said it was SLU, Kansas, and Missouri.  Anyone know if there is any truth to this?  I freely admit, that he might have been full of it.

Your friend is wrong. Days (the day?) before Gordon committed, he tweeted out his top 3, which was SLU, Kansas, and Missouri.

3 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

His SLU commitment post is still pinned at the top of his twitter page from October.  I think he was full of it.  

1 minute ago, cgeldmacher said:

I can confirm that there is no truth to this.

Those were his three finalists before his commitment to SLU - which was October 26th, 2016.

If he reopened his recruitment, we would know about it. The word "release" that your pal used suggests something public, and there has been nothing public since his commitment.

Also, those are schools that are or have been involved with Tilmon's recruitment at some point.

So he's either 6 months behind on recruiting news, he's spreading an unsubstantiated rumor in order to cast doubt among SLU fans, or he's getting him mixed up with another recruit.

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

I can confirm that there is no truth to this.

Those were his three finalists before his commitment to SLU - which was October 26th, 2016.

If he reopened his recruitment, we would know about it. The word "release" that your pal used suggests something public, and there has been nothing public since his commitment.

Also, those are schools that are or have been involved with Tilmon's recruitment at some point.

So he's either 6 months behind on recruiting news, he's spreading an unsubstantiated rumor in order to cast doubt among SLU fans, or he's getting him mixed up with another recruit.

+1