Recruiting - 2018 class

NextYearBill

46 minutes ago, brianstl said:

First the Parkway schools weren't the biggest offenders.  You think CBC and Chaminade have always been great at basketball and football in the deseg era?  They used to suck or were slightly above average at those sports.  Schools like CBC and Chaminade after more than a decade of deseg decided to follow the examples of the county public schools.  They would offer those kids a chance to attend their school instead of the county public schools.  

Even after they decided to go that route they still had a distinct disadvantage when it game to competing against the county public schools.  Almost all of the kids that went to school to play sports at schools like CBC/Chaminade still had to have their family make some kind of minimum tuition payments and the kid had to do work study.

You didn't realize I was just throwing Parkway West out there for an example.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

55 minutes ago, hoppybeer said:

Thank god.

So what do you think we will do with the two open schollies?  We could fill them or file them.

Steve, you really need to suggest moving such topics at this to at OT section.  When I see a new post on Recruiting, I think OH BOY.  But this it is more of this nonsense, and, well, you know.

7 hours ago, kshoe said:

Why is it that punitive? The doubling part makes complete sense. A coed school with 2,000 kids is equivalent to a boys school with 1,000 kids when you ar thinking about a boys football or soccer or basketball team.

The selective multiplier seems reasonable to me too. These private schools are recruiting and have the ability to restrict entry to kids that don't provide an athletic or academic benefit. You can argue that a 35% increase is too high but its certainly moving in the right direction.

Lastly, to follow-up on Da-Love's numbers I think the multiplier is effectively 2.7 since the double the enrollment first, then multiply by 1.35.  

Thanks for pointing out the correct math - you can multiply a set of numbers in any order and will get the same result.

6 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

So what do you think we will do with the two open schollies?  We could fill them or file them.

Steve, you really need to suggest moving such topics at this to at OT section.  When I see a new post on Recruiting, I think OH BOY.  But this it is more of this nonsense, and, well, you know.

My guess is that he'll bank at least one of them so we have options for next year. I wouldn't mind a center for this year, like the one that was offered when the transfers were announced (I'm too lazy to dig up his name), Kiir would be nice as well but I think he'll end up at LSU. I also wouldn't be up in arms if he decided to bank both of them for next year, there are plenty of good targets still available for the 2018 class. 

I'm fine with whatever Ford decides. He's done an outstanding job recruiting so far and I trust him to make the correct decision. 

1 minute ago, hoppybeer said:

My guess is that he'll bank at least one of them so we have options for next year. I wouldn't mind a center for this year, like the one that was offered when the transfers were announced (I'm too lazy to dig up his name), Kiir would be nice as well but I think he'll end up at LSU. I also wouldn't be up in arms if he decided to bank both of them for next year, there are plenty of good targets still available for the 2018 class. 

I'm fine with whatever Ford decides. He's done an outstanding job recruiting so far and I trust him to make the correct decision. 

What about A A Ron? 

5 minutes ago, hoppybeer said:

Khalea Turner-Morris? 

05, who is AA Ron?

13 hours ago, Pistol said:

I had to look it up, and you are correct. Per MSHSAA guidelines, Section 5.1.5 (Procedural By-Laws - Co-ed Enrollments), the rule is as follows:

Co-Ed Enrollments: High schools shall be classified on the basis of their coed enrollments in grades 9-12. The enrollment of any school that has the ability to limit its enrollment through selectivity and is exempt from the Missouri School Improvement Program (MSIP) guidelines shall be multiplied by a 1.35 adjustment factor for classification. The enrollment for a single gender school shall be doubled. For single gender schools that are also selective and MSIP exempt, an enrollment adjustment factor of 1.35 shall then be applied for classification.

That's extremely punitive. Wow. And then they stack districts geographically, putting a lot of the single-sex schools from the same conferences in the same districts, and then put those districts by each other in the state bracket.

The board of directors has no representation from private schools. The board and staff are also - to put it gently - lacking diversity in a way that might make them favor non-urban areas (kind of like the state house in that sense).

Man, MSHSAA sucks.

reeks of the slaves 3/5s vote mentality. Makes total sense to go 2 to 1 with regard to same sex schools. (working a little blue on first part but don't know how to type in color)

On 4/8/2017 at 5:12 PM, Glorydays2013 said:

ESPN top 60 recruit Isiah Mucius is a PSA cardinal with French

I wonder if we will start hearing more from him

You mean other than the offer he has from us already?

21 minutes ago, majerus mojo said:

I know he can't give names, but I can vouch for jimbo, he's been connected to the athletic department for years 

+1. His sources are good. Really good. Guy is connected. In a really strong way.

1 hour ago, Glorydays2013 said:

OK and now I am confused. Is he an insider or joking 

In all seriousness, Jimbo is one of the most connected guys on the board.  If he says it, then he has solid sources.  I'd expect a commit any day now; I'm that confident in Jimbo.