Recruiting - 2018 class

NextYearBill

4 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

You should be more specific, he was there for the state championship right. There's a lot of talk about Tate going to Mizzou

There is no talk of Tate going to Mizzou at least from anyone credible. They were there for the Webster groves game. 

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, Westy03 said:

Ford and staff were in Columbia again today 

i wonder if they have a few motives for being in Columbia.... keep the enemy close. kinda funny how that worked out

25 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

You should be more specific, he was there for the state championship right. There's a lot of talk about Tate going to Mizzou

Well, I suppose they could have gone there because they wanted to get some burgers from Booches, but the common sense guess, given that we have a verbal commit and recruiting targets playing in the state championship, would be that they were there for the state championship. Plus, Earl Austin Jr mentioned on Twitter that he saw them there.

6 minutes ago, billikens747 said:

Is there no buyout clause? Are the rules different than a head coach?

Normally for an assitant under contract to move on there has to be some kind of promotion involved. Like being named an associate head coach.

What is with this Tate to Missouri crap. It's message board creep. Someone with no credibility says maybe Martin will try to get Tate as an assistant. Four post later Tate is going to Missouri taking Gordon and getting a 2 million dollar contract. It's nothing but message board creep. Next thing I know is Tatum is transferring to Missouri because he wants to play for Martin. 

42 minutes ago, willie said:

What is with this Tate to Missouri crap. It's message board creep. Someone with no credibility says maybe Martin will try to get Tate as an assistant. Four post later Tate is going to Missouri taking Gordon and getting a 2 million dollar contract. It's nothing but message board creep. Next thing I know is Tatum is transferring to Missouri because he wants to play for Martin. 

Agreed. Much of it comes from posters like Glorydays that have trouble figuring out what is just something people say/post and what is realistic.

People should have some faith in Ford and his ability to recruit and attract coaches and players. A year ago we would have thought we had no chance at players like Goodwin and Gordon, much less all the transfers and French and Tate. Ford has proven he can surprise to the positive on so many levels so I'm not sure why the whole world went doom and gloom just because Mizzou hired Martin and he stole the Porter brothers from Romar. To date, none of that directly impacts SLU. Even if they get Tillmon, he's just going from one local state school to another.

Yes, things will be tougher on the recruiting trail now that Andersen is gone but other than Cheeseman, I don't know anyone that thought Andersen would be back next year. It was going to get tougher no matter what.

39 minutes ago, waldo027 said:

That was a boss play.

Still a minor consolation after Chaminade lost. They got down about 20 in the first half to Lees Summit West, scratched to within 2 at the end, turned it over with a chance to tie/lead, and then had to foul and let LSW play the FT game.

1 hour ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Maybe it's just me, but I can't get any of those Twitter videos to play on my (rather outdated) Mac (in Firefox).  Any suggestions — other than buying a new computer?

I am on MacBook and seem to have no problem watching on Safari