Recruiting - 2018 class

NextYearBill

1 hour ago, slufan13 said:

I am more concerned about Thatch's position at the next level. He has a guard's body but his guard skills need a lot of work. He gets away with overpowering weaker and smaller opponents right now. 

Interesting that you would say that since Thatch played a lot of point guard for the Eagles last year. And he's Sikeston's best assist man despite  Kevin Jones being the starting point guard. One thing you know for sure with Thatch, he's never going to stop working to improve.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, BillsBeliever!!! said:

Should 2 players leave after this year, do we get Karrington Davis and Torrence Watson??? I am sure it is somewhere in here but I don't feel like reading 63 pages and 1552 posts lol

I'd think not. They're similar players, so while I'm a big fan of upgrading talent where we can, adding 2 players who play the same position, added to Thatch and Goodwin, would be a bit overkill. Also, the kids might not want to sign with a team that's bringing in a very similar player.

1 hour ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

I'd think not. They're similar players, so while I'm a big fan of upgrading talent where we can, adding 2 players who play the same position, added to Thatch and Goodwin, would be a bit overkill. Also, the kids might not want to sign with a team that's bringing in a very similar player.

Okay thank you. I though that Karrington wanted to go to SLU, so we may get him and not Watson

I had my first #GOSEETHEKIDSPLAY experience in a few years last night. I went to the DeSmet-Chaminade game. Though I only got to see the more highly regarded Chaminade players (Karrington Davis and Jericole Hellems) play for about 2 or 2.5 quarters on account of me arriving during the first quarter and waiting until the end of the quarter to find a seat, and the game being a blowout by the end of the 3rd quarter, which gave the backups some more PT in the 4th.

Anyway, if my memory and the scoreboard were correct, Davis led all scorers with 15. I don't claim to be a basketball talent evaluator, but he looks like the kind of player that projects well to the next level. He just has a very smooth game. The program lists him at 6'6", but there were a number of players that I thought had inflated heights. That 6'6" could be legit, or he could be 6'4". Either way, as a guard, with an outside-in game, I wouldn't see that being a hindrance.

Obviously, if Davis led all scorers with 15, Hellems didn't have one of the big scoring games that he has had in other games this season. If I had caught one of those games, my opinion might be different, but I really have no idea how his game projects to the next level. While I suggested that it wasn't a big problem if Davis is 2 inches shorter than his listed height, I think it's more of an issue for Hellems. He's kind of a tweener, and it will be interesting to see how his game plays out over the next year. Some players in that tweener category eventuallyeither grow or better develop the skills needed to play one position better, while others hit a plateau in their game.

Other than highlight videos, I haven't seen Torrence Watson play, so I can't really compare Davis and Watson.   

1 hour ago, 3star_recruit said:

Ever since Hellems got that Indiana offer, his game has cratered.  He is an abysmal shooting slump.  He's committing silly fouls. I don't think he's scored within 10 points of his average in the last 5 games.  i feel for the kid.  Hope he snaps out of it and shows out in the playoffs

Was his game at the level to garner the Indiana offer earlier in the season? 

3 minutes ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

Was his game at the level to garner the Indiana offer earlier in the season? 

Hellems was playing like a top 100 player before that Indiana offer.  He was playing good defense, leading the team in rebounding and, of course, scoring.  He was absolutely lighting up the stronger teams on Chaminade's schedule.  Hellems was playing with supreme confidence.  Now he's playing anxious, IMO.

On February 18, 2017 at 2:19 PM, 3star_recruit said:

Hellems was playing like a top 100 player before that Indiana offer.  He was playing good defense, leading the team in rebounding and, of course, scoring.  He was absolutely lighting up the stronger teams on Chaminade's schedule.  Hellems was playing with supreme confidence.  Now he's playing anxious, IMO.

Jericole Hellems mid-season highlights.

On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 6:21 PM, Franchise_08 said:

6'4" PG Jalen Lecque'18 of @MsgrScanlanHS is hearing a lot from URI, VCU, Florida, Maryland & St.Louis 

Added to the 2018 interest list. Also lots of updates on all 2017 and 2018 offers and interest here.

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 11:24 AM, 3star_recruit said:

Three-star combo guard Wynston Tabbs still has us high on his list.  Put up some impressive numbers for Team Melo 16U last year.  Proficient scorer but also gets after it on defense.

Tabbs said last week that he's hearing from SLU and Penn State the most, with Clemson, Cincinnati, and George Mason starting to show more interest lately.

2 hours ago, Pistol said:

Tabbs said last week that he's hearing from SLU and Penn State the most, with Clemson, Cincinnati, and George Mason starting to show more interest lately.

I think every player Ford recruits says that SLU is one of the schools they hear from the most when they're asked that question. This staff must never rest, and it's obviously paying off.