Recruiting - 2018 class

NextYearBill

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Pistol said:

It's Louisville for Ramey. No surprise. That was his best offer and they've been out to see him a lot lately.

The only surprise to me is how the STL area kids are committing so early.

Is Ricky P still using his "enhanced recruiting" methods? 

Anyone else thinking dealing w/his dad on a daily basis might have been a factor in the kid's decision? I know nothing about this situation, but, from what I can gather from the board, we were never on his radar anyways. He wanted the bright lights and he got it w/ Louisville.

Don't think anyone has posted this yet, but Watson talks about recruiting in this video and never mentions SLU. Not feeling confident about this one. I've heard people say Karrington Davis is the back up plan if we don't get Watson. I wonder if the efforts to get Davis start picking up soon.

http://www.bnd.com/sports/high-school/prep-basketball/article130840779.html

6 minutes ago, SLURadioBoy said:

Don't think anyone has posted this yet, but Watson talks about recruiting in this video and never mentions SLU. Not feeling confident about this one. I've heard people say Karrington Davis is the back up plan if we don't get Watson. I wonder if the efforts to get Davis start picking up soon.

http://www.bnd.com/sports/high-school/prep-basketball/article130840779.html

There is probably a lot of truth to 3_Star's comments that Watson likely does not want to play with Thatch. Could also explain why Thatch committed so early (i.e. there was only one spot).

I hope Watson picks SLU, but can definitely see why he would not.

38 minutes ago, Franchise_08 said:

Video talked about recent visits and not who has been recruiting him. He mentioned those visits in the past week. I don't think this video means we are not on Watson.

I think we are definitely recruiting him, but I wonder how interested he is. He was asked which schools have been in to see him and never mentioned SLU. I'm sure SLU has been to see him more than any other school. I could be wrong though. I'm just assuming and have zero inside knowledge.

On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 0:02 AM, SLURadioBoy said:

Looks like Thatch went for 39 points tonight against Leech's team. He's had 15 double doubles out of 19 games this season.

In addition to those 39 points, Thatch had 19 rebounds. That final score was 102-66 in Sikeston's favor. To quote Earl on Twitter, "Geez".

Meanwhile, Kale Catchings had 27 in a win over Chaminade. Apparently it was never really in question and CBC just had it out of the gate.

On 2/4/2017 at 5:59 PM, slu72 said:

Anyone else thinking dealing w/his dad on a daily basis might have been a factor in the kid's decision? I know nothing about this situation, but, from what I can gather from the board, we were never on his radar anyways. He wanted the bright lights and he got it w/ Louisville.

I always think of Omaha when I think of Bright Lights.

On 2/4/2017 at 6:00 PM, slu72 said:

After posting the above, I sure hope Ricky P isn't making  inroads into St. Louis. When was the last time UL landed one of St. Louis's big time players?

I don't know, but apparently, UL fans are still pissed our Pep Band played the Kentucky fight song when Pitino walked on the floor at KielSavistrade back in the C-USA days.

10 minutes ago, Pistol said:

In addition to those 39 points, Thatch had 19 rebounds. That final score was 102-66 in Sikeston's favor. To quote Earl on Twitter, "Geez".

Meanwhile, Kale Catchings had 27 in a win over Chaminade. Apparently it was never really in question and CBC just had it out of the gate.

Thatch followed up that game with a 26 points, 13 boards performance the day after against Father Tolton out of Columbia.

On 2/5/2017 at 11:12 AM, SLURadioBoy said:

I think we are definitely recruiting him, but I wonder how interested he is. He was asked which schools have been in to see him and never mentioned SLU. I'm sure SLU has been to see him more than any other school. I could be wrong though. I'm just assuming and have zero inside knowledge.

He mentions SLU in this interview with Scott Burgess.

https://www.prephoops.com/2017/02/torrence-watson-video-2/

Question: What are the schools your in the most communication with and are really making you feel like a priority right now?

Response: Right now, Saint Louis SLU, Mizzou, Butler, Iowa State, Marquette came in yesterday, Butler will be here today, and Creighton is coming in on Tuesday. (he said something between Saint Louis and SLU, but I couldn't make it out).

40 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

Question: What are the schools your in the most communication with and are really making you feel like a priority right now?

Response: Right now, Saint Louis SLU, Mizzou, Butler, Iowa State, Marquette came in yesterday, Butler will be here today, and Creighton is coming in on Tuesday. (he said something between Saint Louis and SLU, but I couldn't make it out).

Great. I'm glad he's still noticing their efforts. It will be interesting to see who makes his list in the next month or so. Thanks for posting this.

33 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

Anyone good with Psychology? If you asked me to guess, I would say him saying SLU first, heck even twice, taking a pause to think, then listing other schools is a really good sign. If SLU is the first school he thinks off, I think that's great. 

38 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

-that, minus one, is a good list of schools in the hunt