Recruiting - 2018 class

NextYearBill

17 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

I didn't realize attacking a high school kid on Twitter and calling him a "clown little kid," "very unprofessional & outlandish," and who "wants to feel important" was considered old school. Seems a lot more childish or immature than old school. What does Mr. Ramey do for a living?

He has an administrative position at Cardinal Ritter.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

Ok so according to stl today recent stats, Watson is completely outperforming Ramey this year in High School points. Is Ramey overrated? Doesn't see like a 5* to me and Watson seems underrated 

High school ppg is clearly the best way to evaluate talent.

1 minute ago, Glorydays2013 said:

Ok so according to stl today recent stats, Watson is completely outperforming Ramey this year in High School points. Is Ramey overrated? Doesn't see like a 5* to me and Watson seems underrated 

Ramey isn't overrated.  He is PG that averages 20 points a game, averages over 8 rebounds and has a better than 3 to 1 assist to turnover ratio against a pretty good schedule.

2 hours ago, JMM28 said:

Also Rameys dad sounds like a handful. Not someone you want 20 minutes from campus. More manageable a few hours away. 

Exactly what I've been saying about Courtney leaving St Louis. Within the Webster Community it's been known that he wants to get away from his dad's control. As I said before it's nothing to do with Slu as it has to do with location

Please stop with the Watson is better than Ramey. Ramey is the best point guard to come out of St Louis since, I can't remember. As Blossom has said, he's the best assist and rebounding point guard he's ever seen and that doesn't include the fact that as a junior he averages almost 20 points a game

10 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Please stop with the Watson is better than Ramey. Ramey is the best point guard to come out of St Louis since, I can't remember. As Blossom has said, he's the best assist and rebounding point guard he's ever seen and that doesn't include the fact that as a junior he averages almost 20 points a game

-what does a webster person hear about one day there will be an announcement and the next day it is cancelled?

11 hours ago, Glorydays2013 said:

In regards with that bennet kid, he thinks he already made it. His posts on twitter make it seem that he thinks people care what he has to say being a high school reporter. Regardless, why is bad for him to announce it was being cancelled? That is where I don't understand. Did Ramey go, well he says its cancelled so I should cancel it or did they want to be the first to say it?

That Ramey responded kinda proves that at least some people do care.

Ramey wants it both way - his kid to newsworthy, and a star, and yet to control every aspect of the self-generated PR machine. Doesn't work that way...

8 hours ago, wgstl said:

Exactly what I've been saying about Courtney leaving St Louis. Within the Webster Community it's been known that he wants to get away from his dad's control. As I said before it's nothing to do with Slu as it has to do with location

This makes a lot of sense.

9 hours ago, wgstl said:

I will come to the defense to Mr. Ramey a lil bit who i again call a friend. I was at the Webster game last night and talked with him about the supposedly commitment. His problem was the Durando kid who writes for the school newspaper tweeted that a commitment was coming Monday and Mr. Ramey asked the kid to delete it because it was false info and the kid said No i have reliable sources that it is true. Ramey told him there are no more reliable sources than himself concerning his kid and that his kid didn't tell him this info to. Kid refused and said he was right. My advice to Mr. Ramey was to just ignore it. 

Mr. Ramey showed me the messages and told me that it causes a major commotion. 

So i ask myself why didn't noone else including mr. Ramey say anything on social media bout a commitment. Only Stu kid said this info which seem strange, not sure if he got it from a kid at school or wherever. I don't think there was any vindication behind any of this, just someone standing on what they heard and Mr. Ramey trying to clear the air. The kid continued to tweet on this matterer even after talking to Mr. Ramey

Lastly you stated the kid doesn't want to be a Billiken because he wants to get away from dads control. So if dad is so controlling of kid how his he allowing him to do what he wants to do and go away. Wouldn't he keep him here or do what he wants. I would say Mr. Ramey is protective over his kid 

The way a responsible adult handles this: Let the kid know that it won't be happening today, in case he wants to take it down. If he refuses, just post on your own account: "Courtney will not be announcing his commitment today." It's pretty simple.

13 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

Terrell is old school -- he thinks a child should stay in a child's place. Different strokes for different folks.

Is it that he's "old school" or is he a more modern phenomenon, the overbearing sports dad who pushes his kid along a micromanaged path up the ladder in a particular sport? Because every single thing I've read about the pair makes it seem like this is the case. He's been grooming Courtney for the big time since birth.

It could also be a combination of both. Regardless, it's gross.

19 hours ago, TheChosenOne said:

Is Bennett Durando Stu's kid? Mr. Ramey is not pleased with him.

Terrell Ramey @Rameybasketball For some reason this kid wants to feel important and spread info about my son and family w/o my consent. Very unprofessional & outlandish

Terrell Ramey @Rameybasketball Clown little kid still wants to post & do things against our families will. Hasn't asked or done anything on our end.

Terrell Ramey @Rameybasketball I agree and apologies for that but i asked the kid to refrain and delete info & was told no. No respect for my families & privacy.

Is this guy for real?  "He wants to spread info about my son 'without my consent.'"  So, people need to get his consent to post any tweet about his son?  All this kid said was that he heard there was going to be a commitment the following day.  It that really worthy of a grown man insulting you?

"Little kid wants to post and do things against our families will."  This is a doozy.  Insults the kid and accuses him of doing things against his family's will, because the kid heard that Courtney was going to commit on a particular day.

"Hasn't asked or done anything on our end."  Not aware of the new Twitter rules where you have to ask someone if you can tweet something about them.

If I were a college coach, I would downgrade my evaluation of Courtney based upon having to worry about dad's antics.

4 hours ago, Pistol said:

Is it that he's "old school" or is he a more modern phenomenon, the overbearing sports dad who pushes his kid along a micromanaged path up the ladder in a particular sport? Because every single thing I've read about the pair makes it seem like this is the case. He's been grooming Courtney for the big time since birth.

It could also be a combination of both. Regardless, it's gross.

Crapping on student journalists and acting like high school kids should just sit down and shut up is definitely an old school mentality. And Jimmy Piersall is pretty good evidence that the overbearing sports dad phenomenon has been around a while as well.

39 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

Is this guy for real?  "He wants to spread info about my son 'without my consent.'"  So, people need to get his consent to post any tweet about his son?  All this kid said was that he heard there was going to be a commitment the following day.  It that really worthy of a grown man insulting you?

"Little kid wants to post and do things against our families will."  This is a doozy.  Insults the kid and accuses him of doing things against his family's will, because the kid heard that Courtney was going to commit on a particular day.

"Hasn't asked or done anything on our end."  Not aware of the new Twitter rules where you have to ask someone if you can tweet something about them.

If I were a college coach, I would downgrade my evaluation of Courtney based upon having to worry about dad's antics.

Except according to the runandshoot post ... The Dad told him it was incorrect and to delete it and the kid refused. I think the Dad went overboard, but the kid should have deleted. Clearly he should know the Dad is in the know regarding his son's plans.

2 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

Except according to the runandshoot post ... The Dad told him it was incorrect and to delete it and the kid refused. I think the Dad went overboard, but the kid should have deleted. Clearly he should know the Dad is in the know regarding his son's plans.

All the kid did was report when the school was planning the commitment ceremony. To act like this was somehow violating his family's privacy or reporting on their personal lives is just ridiculous. The school ended up canceling or rescheduling the ceremony, but that doesn't mean the kid should have been forced to delete the tweet just because the dad didn't like it. What a silly controversy to brew up, even without getting into the namecalling and making all the personal remarks about the kid reporter.

15 minutes ago, hsmith19 said:

All the kid did was report when the school was planning the commitment ceremony. To act like this was somehow violating his family's privacy or reporting on their personal lives is just ridiculous. The school ended up canceling or rescheduling the ceremony, but that doesn't mean the kid should have been forced to delete the tweet just because the dad didn't like it. What a silly controversy to brew up, even without getting into the namecalling and making all the personal remarks about the kid reporter.

-I hadn't seen/heard that the school was involved, if the kid heard from the janitor or anyone at school we're having Ramey's college announcement, by all means Twitter away