Recruiting - 2018 class

NextYearBill

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wherever Ramey had decided to go to, we can be sure that there is a change and he may announce sometime in the future that he will go somewhere else. I doubt the choice will be SLU, but we cannot assume that he will choose any one particular school school at this time. Many factors are at play here (no pun intended). For example Tatum may have made a poor choice by going to Duke (no SLU was not a good choice for him either). He certainly has not had that much playing time at Duke and his scoring has not been stellar. This does happen when a high ranking recruit chooses to go to a star studded program and then finds out he is not getting the playing time he thought he would get. Hopefully Ramey will decide whatever is best for himself, that is a situation where he will be the star of the team and get plenty of playing time. I plainly do not think he can or will fill that position at Louisville.

Is Bennett Durando Stu's kid? Mr. Ramey is not pleased with him.

Terrell Ramey @Rameybasketball For some reason this kid wants to feel important and spread info about my son and family w/o my consent. Very unprofessional & outlandish

Terrell Ramey @Rameybasketball Clown little kid still wants to post & do things against our families will. Hasn't asked or done anything on our end.

Terrell Ramey @Rameybasketball I agree and apologies for that but i asked the kid to refrain and delete info & was told no. No respect for my families & privacy.

While I know we always want the best players we can recruit, a couple of points: we, at least as of now, do not have any more 2018 scholarships, but more importantly, even if we did, I don't foresee any possibility that we would be able to provide anywhere close to the desired playing time to Henriquez/Graves/Goodwin/Thatcher/ Watson (I hope) and Ramey in the 2018-19 season.  That is just not realistic.  Even the following year when AH is gone, how would the other 5 be satisfied with having to split the time available for the PG and SG positions.

It doesn't seem like we are in any position to take the approach of, "whoever commits first between Watson and Ramey gets the scholarship" but I certainly don't see us even being able to utilize both of them in the same class.  Even in the RM years, I don't think we were ever in a position that we could have had too many outstanding players for the available playing time.

7 minutes ago, bauman said:

It doesn't seem like we are in any position to take the approach of, "whoever commits first between Watson and Ramey gets the scholarship" but I certainly don't see us even being able to utilize both of them in the same class.  Even in the RM years, I don't think we were ever in a position that we could have had too many outstanding players for the available playing time.

Courtney Ramey is a pure point guard which we don't currently have on our roster and that wouldn't change if we had Watson signed (edit I forgot about the transfer from BC). Having a two year stretch of Goodwin/French/Gordon/Thatch/Ramey/Watson could coexist.

5 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

Is Bennett Durando Stu's kid? If so, Mr. Ramey is not pleased with him. He seems like a really mature man, hopefully his son provides him with everything he needs in life...

More

Terrell Ramey Retweeted Andrew Bequette

For some reason this kid wants to feel important and spread info about my son and family w/o my consent. Very unprofessional & outlandish

Clown little kid still wants to post & do things against our families will. Hasn't asked or done anything on our end

I agree and apologies for that but i asked the kid to refrain and delete info & was told no. No respect for my families wishes & privacy

More

Terrell Ramey Retweeted 
More

Terrell Ramey Retweeted Bennett Dura

-this is interesting

-I think Bennett is Stu's kid 

In regards with that bennet kid, he thinks he already made it. His posts on twitter make it seem that he thinks people care what he has to say being a high school reporter. Regardless, why is bad for him to announce it was being cancelled? That is where I don't understand. Did Ramey go, well he says its cancelled so I should cancel it or did they want to be the first to say it?

Just now, Glorydays2013 said:

In regards with that bennet kid, he thinks he already made it. His posts on twitter make it seem that he thinks people care what he has to say being a high school reporter. Regardless, why is bad for him to announce it was being cancelled? That is where I don't understand. Did Ramey go, well he says its cancelled so I should cancel it or did they want to be the first to say it?

Mr. Ramey doesn't want anyone stealing his thunder (of course in reality it's his sons big announcement, but Mr. Ramey doesn't view it that way). I'll stop there. I think you get the point.

10 minutes ago, Old guy said:

I think SLU and Ramey have incompatibilities, mostly due to the fact that he does not want to stay in St. Louis as he has said many times, that will make it very hard to have him in our team as a player.

I guess in my opinion that kids always want to leave home then come to realize they might want to be close to family and friends all along. 

17 minutes ago, Old guy said:

I think SLU and Ramey have incompatibilities, mostly due to the fact that he does not want to stay in St. Louis as he has said many times, that will make it very hard to have him in our team as a player.

Maybe we could get him for the road games then. Those are the harder ones to win anyway.

29 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Bennett is Stu's kid.  he broke the Gordon commit. 

Disco Bennett has broken more SLU news than his pappy. 

Also Rameys dad sounds like a handful. Not someone you want 20 minutes from campus. More manageable a few hours away. 

1 minute ago, JMM28 said:

Disco Bennett has broken more SLU news than his pappy. 

Also Rameys dad sounds like a handful. Not someone you want 20 minutes from campus. More manageable a few hours away. 

We heard even worse about Zeke's dad and it's been a non-issue. Terrell is old school -- he thinks a child should stay in a child's place. Different strokes for different folks.

27 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

Terrell is old school -- he thinks a child should stay in a child's place. Different strokes for different folks.

I didn't realize attacking a high school kid on Twitter and calling him a "clown little kid," "very unprofessional & outlandish," and who "wants to feel important" was considered old school. Seems a lot more childish or immature than old school. What does Mr. Ramey do for a living?

18 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

We heard even worse about Zeke's dad and it's been a non-issue. Terrell is old school -- he thinks a child should stay in a child's place. Different strokes for different folks.

Bennett is or will soon be 18.  Not exactly a child.  He is the sports writer for the school paper.  Is he supposed to sit on story that everyone would have known as soon as no announcement was made?