Recruiting - 2018 class

NextYearBill

17 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Gordon is going to be a Mc AA next year and is going to dominate Missouri hoops this year.

i have enough excitement about Gordon for this entire board.

he is literally going to destroy the A10. I think he may even be a 1 and done. 

If he is a one and done then that would short term be bad for us but long term positive -it shows you don't have to go to a power 5 conf to be a one and done and for Ford that would be helpful.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

Obviously I was referencing the time he officially becomes a Billiken.  Not his actual playing date.  In my opinion once a player signs his NLI then we can say he is one of us and we can start feeling good about him just as we have about Goodwin and French..

He doesn't become a Billiken until he enrolls in classes and starts practicing in the summer of 2018. Signing a NLI doesn't mean crap, especially with high level recruits. Too much can happen. 

45 minutes ago, JMM28 said:

He doesn't become a Billiken until he enrolls in classes and starts practicing in the summer of 2018. Signing a NLI doesn't mean crap, especially with high level recruits. Too much can happen. 

I respectfully disagree - once the NLI is signed then he is a billiken until we let him out of it.  If the coach you signed with is still at the school you will have a tough time getting out of it.  While I agree anything can happen it is very unlikely.

1 hour ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Gordon is going to be a Mc AA next year and is going to dominate Missouri hoops this year.

i have enough excitement about Gordon for this entire board.

he is literally going to destroy the A10. I think he may even be a 1 and done. 

my mouth is watering 

1 minute ago, cheeseman said:

I respectfully disagree - once the NLI is signed then he is a billiken until we let him out of it.  If the coach you signed with is still at the school you will have a tough time getting out of it.  

Going back to the original question, the real reason people aren't talking more about Gordon on this board are:

1) He's not playing highschool basketball right now...nothing to talk about.

2) He won't sign for 9 months

3) He won't play his first game for the Bills for 22 months.

You can weight those three however you want.

18 hours ago, Old guy said:

How about French, very little is said about him, he deserves more attention.

I agree, I think French will have a great freshman season and I am very excited to have a post player like that coming.

26 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

With Gordon being a potential 1 and done, if/when we get new scholarships for next year, would we rather get another recruit from 2018 or more transfers to sit our for next year, to return for 2018

26 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

With Gordon being a potential 1 and done, if/when we get new scholarships for next year, would we rather get another recruit from 2018 or more transfers to sit our for next year, to return for 2018

He is no way a one an done.

1 hour ago, 3star_recruit said:

Because he doesn't have great size for his position. The power forwards who go after one year are pushing 6'10 and have great wingspans.

Silly

Anthony Bennett, Aaron Gordon, Julius Randle, Jabari Parker, Ben Simmons, and on and on.  Not saying he's a 1 and done but 7 foot PFs with 7'5 wingspans are hard to come by. Most like these guys are measured at or below 6'10 with below average wingspans, less than 3 inches longer than they are tall.  You also get a few guys like Jahlil Okafor and Nerlens Noel who get great measurements but in photos look 3 or 4 inches shorter than their 7 foot teammates and play like they are.

Gordon at 16 was measured at USA basketball camp in shoes at 6'9 with a wingspan over 7 feet.  Comparable with everyone on this list with 3 more years to grow.

I think Gordon could very possibly be one and done. More likely two and done. I don't think there's any way he stays all four years if he keeps developing on his current trajectory. 

I don't think people are really grasping how highly rated he is. He's our best recruit since Hughes. 

5 hours ago, thetorch said:

Silly

Anthony Bennett, Aaron Gordon, Julius Randle, Jabari Parker, Ben Simmons, and on and on.  Not saying he's a 1 and done but 7 foot PFs with 7'5 wingspans are hard to come by. Most like these guys are measured at or below 6'10 with below average wingspans, less than 3 inches longer than they are tall.  You also get a few guys like Jahlil Okafor and Nerlens Noel who get great measurements but in photos look 3 or 4 inches shorter than their 7 foot teammates and play like they are.

Gordon at 16 was measured at USA basketball camp in shoes at 6'9 with a wingspan over 7 feet.  Comparable with everyone on this list with 3 more years to grow.

Randle might be the best comparison.  They are the same height, similar build at the same stage, similar game.  Gordon has a slightly longer wingspan.

gordon has not shown he is the elite scorer yet like tatum or hughes that could just carry his team for an entire game.   there is no doubt he has a once in a lifetime body that very few 16 year olds have, but for my money he has a ways to go yet to be considered a one and done.   dont get me wrong.   he is an awesome get for the billikens.   but one and done is saying too much at this stage.   lets talk again in 12 months about that.  

5 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

gordon has not shown he is the elite scorer yet like tatum or hughes that could just carry his team for an entire game.   there is no doubt he has a once in a lifetime body that very few 16 year olds have, but for my money he has a ways to go yet to be considered a one and done.   dont get me wrong.   he is an awesome get for the billikens.   but one and done is saying too much at this stage.   lets talk again in 12 months about that.  

Agree with this. Let's see how he plays the remainder of the season with Webster and than over the summer.  

On 12/8/2016 at 10:17 AM, wgstl said:

Anyone know if Gordon will play for MOKAN this summer again or if he'd stay home and play for the Eagles instead with Thatch? Certainly couldn't hurt getting some experience early on with each other.