Recruiting - 2018 class

NextYearBill

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got Tyson Walker on the 2018 Offers list. Unfortunately, there's very little info out there about him. He's not particularly active on Twitter, albeit a little more lately. I can tell that he's playing well for one of the top few teams in the NYC area, but can't get much more on what schools are looking at him. I'll fill it out as I find out more.

15 hours ago, SLURadioBoy said:

Maybe this is why Thatch hasn't verballed yet? Maybe he's intrigued by Arkansas.

'18 Hog recruit / Nat'l Top 250 @fred_thatch told me the plan is to take an unofficial visit to Fayetteville this Sat for Hogs-vs-Mizzou!

Do we take players outside the top 150?

2 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

Jericole  Hellems has been Chaminade's most productive offensive player this year. He's turned into a sniper from three point range. Certainly didn't see that one coming. Playing solid defense too.

He's stepped up, big time. Just picked up a Tulsa offer. I still think Davis is the slightly more intriguing prospect but he's still more raw and tentative whereas Hellems is showing his edge in experience. He's really built out his frame, too.

Did anyone see the game last night?

Rivals Rankings for 2018.

Carte'Are Gordon is the number 18 player in the class and a 5* recruit.

Torrence Watson is the number 93 player in the class and a 4* recruit.

Courtney Ramey is the number 28 player in the class and a 4* recruit.

Jordan Walker in the number 114 player in the class and a 3* recruit.

Karringtion Davis is the number 137 player in the class and a 3* recruit.

Fred Thatch is not rated among the top 150 players.

Tulsa is the latest school to offer Jericole Helms.

1 hour ago, Ibruce said:

Courtney Ramey is the number 28 player in the class and a 4* recruit.

I wish Courtney would show more interest in schools.  It's hard to get a read on where he might go.  It would be cool to see Watson commit here soon, with Gordon and Watson trying to convince Ramey to get the old squad back together. 

1 hour ago, SLURadioBoy said:

In another thread people were debating between Watson and Thatch, but what if the choice was between Davis and Thatch?

They're much different players. Davis is at least 6-6 and has been guarding bigs a lot of this season, blocking a lot of shots. He's got athleticism and a high ceiling but still has a lot to learn, too. Hellems might show a little more polish and experience but I don't know if his ceiling is as high; he is outscoring Davis this season, although both have had plenty of big games on that end. Davis will be a very interesting player to track.

Thatch is more compact and even though he's listed at 6-3, that looks like a stretch to me. He's a bulldog, a good competitor, and usually scores in high volume for Sikeston. I know after the Chaminade game recently, which I didn't see, a couple people had questions about how he'd be at the next level.

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

They're much different players. Davis is at least 6-6 and has been guarding bigs a lot of this season, blocking a lot of shots. He's got athleticism and a high ceiling but still has a lot to learn, too. Hellems might show a little more polish and experience but I don't know if his ceiling is as high; he is outscoring Davis this season, although both have had plenty of big games on that end. Davis will be a very interesting player to track.

Thatch is more compact and even though he's listed at 6-3, that looks like a stretch to me. He's a bulldog, a good competitor, and usually scores in high volume for Sikeston. I know after the Chaminade game recently, which I didn't see, a couple people had questions about how he'd be at the next level.

Thatch has offers from Creighton, Wichita State,Kansas State, Missouri and others and Arkansas is after him as well. I don't know who these couple of people are but from folks I talk to Thatch is the real deal with a lot of upside potential. He is highly competitive, ultra aggressive and very strong for a junior in high school. It would be fantastic if we could get him to combine with the group we already have committed, including Goodwin and Gordon--we need to stay positive and keep the faith!