Recruiting - 2018 class

NextYearBill

I've also heard we have a very strong chance at both Thatch & Torrence Watson for 2018. 

But I'm curious:  should we take both, or are they so similar that we just take the first to verbal???  It's a genuine question, as I have not seen wither up close, only some clips on Youtube.  Would we take both guys, or just one, then look for a big, a pg, or -- ???  You never have enough guards, these days, and look at that Villanova team last year ...

Inquiring minds want to know . . . .

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, DoctorB said:

I've also heard we have a very strong chance at both Thatch & Torrence Watson for 2018. 

But I'm curious:  should we take both, or are they so similar that we just take the first to verbal???  It's a genuine question, as I have not seen wither up close, only some clips on Youtube.  Would we take both guys, or just one, then look for a big, a pg, or -- ???  You never have enough guards, these days, and look at that Villanova team last year ...

Inquiring minds want to know . . . .

I would take both in a heart beat and wouldn't look back. Talent talent talent...

Frank just said on his show that it's getting pretty close to Thatch committing to SLU. He thinks Thatch might be the best shooting guard in Missouri and if you combine him with Gordon and the rest of the recruits coming in, it will be "lights out."

I would still take Watson too if they can get him. You can never have too many scorers and you could probably play either him or Thatch at the 3.

39 minutes ago, SLURadioBoy said:

Frank just said on his show that it's getting pretty close to Thatch committing to SLU. He thinks Thatch might be the best shooting guard in Missouri and if you combine him with Gordon and the rest of the recruits coming in, it will be "lights out."

I would still take Watson too if they can get him. You can never have too many scorers and you could probably play either him or Thatch at the 3.

I'd take both Thatch and Watson too. Maybe I'm missing something, but I'm counting only Roby and Gillmann as being seniors that the 2018 class will replace. It would seem that we'd need someone to leave to have 3 scholarships for that class.

3 minutes ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

I'd take both Thatch and Watson too. Maybe I'm missing something, but I'm counting only Roby and Gillmann as being seniors that the 2018 class will replace. It would seem that we'd need someone to leave to have 3 scholarships for that class.

-wasn't it thought not long ago that Mizzou topped Thatch's list? their dumpster fire helping us would be okay with me if it happens

13 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

-wasn't it thought not long ago that Mizzou topped Thatch's list? their dumpster fire helping us would be okay with me if it happens

I think Mizzou may have been perceived to be the leader when Tate was there, so this could be another recruit where having Tate on board is a big plus for us.

1 hour ago, TheChosenOne said:

I think Mizzou may have been perceived to be the leader when Tate was there, so this could be another recruit where having Tate on board is a big plus for us.

This.

The biggest competitor for Thatch right now appears to be Arkansas.

2 hours ago, RiseAndGrind said:

I would take both in a heart beat and wouldn't look back. Talent talent talent...

I agree. Right now, the priority is upgrading talent across the board. We're doing that quickly, with the freshmen (Goodwin and French), the transfers (Bess, Foreman, Henriquez, and Graves), and the 2018 commitment from Gordon. But there's still more depth to shore up.

2 hours ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

Transfers are a way of life in NCAA ball.  Here is something to think about.  Bess, Foreman and Henriquiz will all be academic seniors next year.  Will one of them fulfill his academic requirements for a degree and be a Graduate Transfer out?

1 minute ago, HoosierPal said:

Transfers are a way of life in NCAA ball.  Here is something to think about.  Bess, Foreman and Henriquiz will all be academic seniors next year.  Will one of them fulfill his academic requirements for a degree and be a Graduate Transfer out?

Don't see why they'd want to leave a team where they will conceivably be getting a ton of PT on a team primed to be an A10 contender their senior year. Unless Goodwin is playing near 40 minutes a game, and Graves becoming eligible takes playing time away from either Bess or Henriquez

14 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

Don't see why they'd want to leave a team where they will conceivably be getting a ton of PT on a team primed to be an A10 contender their senior year. Unless Goodwin is playing near 40 minutes a game, and Graves becoming eligible takes playing time away from either Bess or Henriquez

But you won't know until next year plays out.  You have already listed one scenario.  Just something to think about.

McBroom transferred in, got his degree and transferred out as a Graduate.

11 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

wtf?

I thought someone said the transfer from BC was a really bright kid. I guess I don't particularly care either way as long as they stay out of trouble away from the court (I am not willing to cheer for a kid who smashes in a girl's face like Oklahoma fans and ESPN).

All I know is that I am incredibly thankful to have Ford and his staff landing these kids and bringing some level of excitement to what has been an incredibly bad run of basketball here at SLU thanks to Crews.