Recruiting - 2018 class

NextYearBill

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tilmon is a major matchup problem at 6'10 that projects as a lottery pick after two years in college. So far he has not put up dominant numbers in high school. If he hopes to win Mr. Basketball in Illinois the East Side guards have to do a much better job of getting Tilmon the ball.  And Tilmon needs to become a more consistent rebounder, whether he's getting the ball or not.

With Tilmon it appears to be all about  who gets what, designation, and for that to happen Tilmon needs the guards to pass thr ball to him. Nothing about this relates to who he is, with or without the guards passing to him. All along, Goodwin may be the real thing, without anyone else contributing anonymously to his success. I would choose Goodwin over Tilmon,.regardless of who does what.

17 hours ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

I never wanted to see two years in the future more in my life. I want to see a billiken team that looks like a d1 basketball team.

Luckily you wont have to wait two years for that

Someone on the Illini board gave an evaluation of Kale Catchings.  Have we offered?

Watched an interesting prospect last night before the ESL game. Sophomore Kale Catchings from St. Louis CBC. Listed at 6'6", though I'm not sure he isn't closer to 6'4". He's got some good bulk on him already. He was the most physically developed player on the floor for either team (they played Chicago Brooks). He did it all for CBC. Good handles, nice shot, great ability to finish at the rim. I was impressed. I can't find a lot on him from a recruiting perspective, but he looks like an interesting player to keep an eye on.

3 minutes ago, Ibruce said:

Someone on the Illini board gave an evaluation of Kale Catchings.  Have we offered?

Watched an interesting prospect last night before the ESL game. Sophomore Kale Catchings from St. Louis CBC. Listed at 6'6", though I'm not sure he isn't closer to 6'4". He's got some good bulk on him already. He was the most physically developed player on the floor for either team (they played Chicago Brooks). He did it all for CBC. Good handles, nice shot, great ability to finish at the rim. I was impressed. I can't find a lot on him from a recruiting perspective, but he looks like an interesting player to keep an eye on.

He's on our radar, but we haven't offered. I had him at 6-5, splitting the difference. Wichita State was out to see him in September. He's had a quiet recruitment so far but this HS season is when we get a clearer picture on a lot of these 2018 names. Creighton, Butler, and Oral Roberts are also interested in him. I don't think he has any offers yet.

Fun Fact: he's the nephew of women's basketball legend Tamika Catchings and grandson of former NBA player Harvey Catchings.

3 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

Vashon is playing at a holiday showcase in Georgia at 6:45 tonight.  The game is being streamed at http://www.thesuvtv.com/holidayhoopsgiving. SLU is recruiting 2018 6'8 WF Joseph Reece and 2019 6'1 PG Mario McKinney.

Evan Daniels ‏@EvanDaniels  · 29m29 minutes ago   Sandy Springs, GA  

Sophomore Mario McKinney just made a name for himself in Vashon's competitive win over Wheeler. Athletic, quick guard. Went for 17 points.