Recruiting - 2018 class

NextYearBill

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I emailed Stu the other day to see if he had heard Gordon might be close to committing soon like Frank is saying and here was his response.

"The impressions being given is that they have a decent shot at Gordon. Coaches at Webster told me they don't have any idea what his plans are for a decision. He might want to wait and take visits, which can't be done until he's a senior. Or that might not matter to him. SLU coaches have been around the Webster campus a lot lately."

It seems that Frank may be hearing things that Stu hasn't, but at least the consensus is that SLU seems to have a real shot at getting Gordon.

32 minutes ago, SLURadioBoy said:

I emailed Stu the other day to see if he had heard Gordon might be close to committing soon like Frank is saying and here was his response.

"The impressions being given is that they have a decent shot at Gordon. Coaches at Webster told me they don't have any idea what his plans are for a decision. He might want to wait and take visits, which can't be done until he's a senior. Or that might not matter to him. SLU coaches have been around the Webster campus a lot lately."

It seems that Frank may be hearing things that Stu hasn't, but at least the consensus is that SLU seems to have a real shot at getting Gordon.

1) It's cool that Stu emailed you back with a bit more info.

2) If Coach Ford can reel in the top local recruit in each of the 2017 and 2018 class that would really be something. In the A10 you can make the tourney by "out talent-ing" everyone. That would be a great start. 

6 minutes ago, Westy03 said:

Just got word that Carteare Gordon will release his official Top 3 tonight @CarteareGordon

Oh heck, recruiting news coming fast and furious these days. I imagine KU will be in his top three. Hopefully us, and who else?

edit: Also, is this a final 3 or top 3? Is there a difference?

I immediately take back my questions of Frank C....

Some positive movement on 247sports for the Billikens too with two picks going to SLU this evening (Duke Insider Andrew Slater and Kansas Insider Matt Scott). Huge!

http://247sports.com/PlayerInstitution/CarteAre-Gordon-at-Webster-Groves-175642/CurrentExpertPredictions

16 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

Some positive movement on 247sports for the Billikens too with two picks going to SLU this evening (Duke Insider Andrew Slater and Kansas Insider Matt Scott). Huge!

http://247sports.com/PlayerInstitution/CarteAre-Gordon-at-Webster-Groves-175642/CurrentExpertPredictions

17 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

I take the KU insider switching his pick from the Jayhawks to SLU as an extremely positive sign.

1 minute ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

Just a thought...what if the word is more than he's naming a Top 3??

Probably getting my hopes up too much.

While I assume he will cut it to 3, him seemingly speeding up his decision paired with a lot of buzz for SLU of late has to be a good sign for the Billikens. Huge!