Recruiting - 2018 class

NextYearBill

2 hours ago, Old guy said:

That is because you are giving the tweet a negative interpretation, you could as easily see the tweet as someone affirming the "stay at home" route.

I wasn't (see above). Calling the folks here jerks because I spent 5 mins creeping on the kid and now have hopes he'll come to SLU 

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, NextYearBill said:

landing Gordon will feel better than a Cubs fan seeing a World Series 

It's playing in the World Series that been a problem.  Cub's fans have always been able to see them.  The red on the screen usually hurts their eyes.  Might need to adjust the contrast......

Multiple SLU coaches have been to Webster Groves High more than once in the last month as they pursue 2018's Carte'Are Gordon.

@WillBazz21 From all indications, Ramey is not likely to land at SLU. However, I have not spoken to him directly.

Wonder if this means hes spoken directly with Gordon?

53 minutes ago, Franchise_08 said:

Maybe French is hesitant about signing since he knows Gordon will be taking over in '18

If it comes down to choosing between French and Gordon, I'll be real excited about the future of the program. 

Yeah, this isn't an either-or situation. They're different players, different classes. If Gordon stays on his trajectory, he might not stay in college more than a couple years, anyway. French is a four-year player.

And we don't have the luxury of "choosing" them - they still have to choose us in the end.

28 minutes ago, SLURadioBoy said:

Maybe Frank does know what he's talking about with Gordon? If multiple coaches have visited WG more than once this month alone, I would think that means they feel like they have some momentum going with him. 

Frank is hearing directly from the coaching staff, so this should tell us that the coaching staff feels good with where they stand with Gordon. I wonder if he is going a little far in his belief that he will commit soon similar to his thoughts on Tilmon. Most of the top kids in 2017 still haven't committed (only like 6 of the top 25 ranked players have committed).

2 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

Frank is hearing directly from the coaching staff, so this should tell us that the coaching staff feels good with where they stand with Gordon. I wonder if he is going a little far in his belief that he will commit soon similar to his thoughts on Tilmon. Most of the top kids in 2017 still haven't committed (only like 6 of the top 25 ranked players have committed).

True and you are probably  right, but Frank had Goodwin committing quickly even though all other reports were he would wait until October.

exciting times 

6 hours ago, SLURadioBoy said:

Maybe Frank does know what he's talking about with Gordon? If multiple coaches have visited WG more than once this month alone, I would think that means they feel like they have some momentum going with him. 

You better be out there every night if he's in your own backyard 

8 hours ago, wgstl said:

Multiple SLU coaches have been to Webster Groves High more than once in the last month as they pursue 2018's Carte'Are Gordon.

@WillBazz21 From all indications, Ramey is not likely to land at SLU. However, I have not spoken to him directly.

Wonder if this means hes spoken directly with Gordon?

Yeah that was me having that conversation. That's the way I took it - he implied that he spoke with Gordon directly

38 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

Yeah that was me having that conversation. That's the way I took it - he implied that he spoke with Gordon directly

I don't take those two separate tweets to mean that Durando has spoken to Gordon.  He was intimating that all indications — but not Ramey, himself — are that SLU is not in the running for Ramey.