Recruiting - 2018 class

NextYearBill

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2018 offer list updates:

Kevin Easley says VCU, Cincinnati, and Indiana are recruiting him the hardest right now. He will visit Louisville, UConn, VCU, and UC this month, and expects UConn to be his next offer. He's in no rush, saying he'll decide in a year after taking his official visits.

Ayo Dosunmu added offers from Oklahoma State and Tulane.

Karrington Davis received an offer from SIUE, who also offered Chaminade teammate Jericole Hellems.

Tim Finke has been going to Illinois open gym practices, saying "It's a challenge, but I feel like I belong."

Trey Jemison added offers from Vanderbilt and Clemson.

Foster Loyer was on MSU's campus along with Nojel Eastern during Eastern's official visit. MSU is his leader, with Purdue and Davidson close behind. Nebraska and Texas have begun showing interest this fall.

Louisville, Creighton, Purdue, and Mizzou are the most recent schools to visit Courtney Ramey. He's going to Iowa State this month. At least a dozen programs came to see him in September.

Cole Swider was out to visit BC this month; Rhode Island just visited him. GW and Xavier are the latest to offer.

Manhattan is the latest to offer Dallas Watson.

West Virginia, Creighton, and Mizzou are the latest to visit Torrence Watson. He visited Mizzou in September and will see Iowa State this month, probably with Ramey.

Helems having a huge year at Chaminade would not surprise me at all.   Playing in the shadow of one of the greatest high school talents in the history of St louis has a way of hiding one's skills.   But he's a player.

26 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

Helems having a huge year at Chaminade would not surprise me at all.   Playing in the shadow of one of the greatest high school talents in the history of St louis has a way of hiding one's skills.   But he's a player.

Roy, I retract my accusations of your having a bias favoring Illinois players over Missouri players!

13 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Does Davis have an offer from Mizzou? Someone I respect on these kinds of things told me he does, but I can't find any confirmation.

I haven't seen anything that says he does, either. I just have SLU, SIUE, and Middle Tennessee.

Definitely a ton of opportunity for a lot of talented kids at Chaminade to step up this year now that the 2016 class is out of their way. They'll be fun to watch and won't have an immediate burden of expectations, either.

40 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Roy, I retract my accusations of your having a bias favoring Illinois players over Missouri players!

I call it like I see it.  Geography says I'll always see more illinois players but I get to some of the Missouri schools games.

I saw this in the 2017 thread, but since it belongs here, I thought would bring it over. This morning on 590, Frank C. discussed his time at the Sneaker Soiree this weekend and had some interesting comments concerning SLU's local recruiting:

-"Let me just say this and I know that the SLU coaches are not allowed to really talk about recruiting, but I'm telling ya I maybe reading this thing wrong, but I think we got the Jordan Goodwin thing right. There are some terrific players in this area, I mean guys that will be drafted, that SLU could be getting in the very near future." He went onto praise Travis Ford for his ability to build relationships with recruits.

-When asked about the quote he said: "I can tell you who it is, it is Carte'Are Gordon from Webster Groves who is a junior. I think by the time he is a senior because he has had a couple of issues, he's still growing up, he's a young man who's got some things to work on, but I think by the time he is a senior he could be like a top 15 player in the country. I'm not saying he is going to, but I think that SLU is really working him hard and I think they got a great chance for him to give a commitment. Now, as a junior when you commit you can change your mind it happens a lot, who knows what could happen, but if they got this guy to go along with Jordan Goodwin, watch out watch out."  

7 minutes ago, Pistol said:

What's Gordon's situation this season at Webster Groves? Is he sitting out the first half or so before his eligibility kicks in?

Correct. they tried to fight it, but dont think they won. 

11 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

When Gordon reads are hears this is has to at some level help him to believe if he comes to SLU great things can happen. I'd guess Frank is pretty well thought of by the recuits

Although the program rumored to be leading for his services (Kansas) is gunning for their 13th straight conference title and is a Final 4 favorite, so we certainly have competition.

26 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

Although the program rumored to be leading for his services (Kansas) is gunning for their 13th straight conference title and is a Final 4 favorite, so we certainly have competition.

No doubt. Just saying Frank making these type of comments can't hurt

17 minutes ago, runandshoot said:

You heard it here first. Gordon is telling everyone that he is going to SLU. I hope this does indeed happen. Love when local guys stay home and should help with Watson also. 

i'll raise my 5% to 10%. 

Once he breaks up with his girl it's going to 0%