Recruiting - 2018 class

NextYearBill

2 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Its only as legit as it is due to 1) Coach Blossom being a huge Mizzou guy.  And 2) His good friend whom they call his "manager"  is also a big Mizzou guy. 

So you think it is primarily him entertaining those two as opposed to having true interest in Mizzou? Apparently some Mizzou fans had heard he is receptive to the idea of staying home and playing at Mizzou, but they still consider Kansas the leader. 

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

So you think it is primarily him entertaining those two as opposed to having true interest in Mizzou? Apparently some Mizzou fans had heard he is receptive to the idea of staying home and playing at Mizzou, but they still consider Kansas the leader. 

That could be what Mizzou is really trying to sell him on.  I haven't heard about how his Mizzou trip went a few weeks ago.  The only info I have is prior to the trip.  But unless he was blown away with Mizzou, ku is still the leader. 

58 minutes ago, Billiken4life5 said:

Gordon's girlfriend also just committed to SLU soccer and he's been known to get homesick at times.  Not saying it is going to happen but I like our chances better than most of the "experts"

-I'll take any legit recruiting advantage we can get

3 minutes ago, wgstl said:

That could be what Mizzou is really trying to sell him on.  I haven't heard about how his Mizzou trip went a few weeks ago.  The only info I have is prior to the trip.  But unless he was blown away with Mizzou, ku is still the leader. 

Apparently the thought is that he wants to stay close to home, so while Kansas is considered the clear leader some think the likely other competition will be the local programs (SLU/Illinois/Mizzou). Any time I see Kentucky on a list, I have a tough time not viewing them as a big threat assuming they come thru with an offer.

23 minutes ago, Billiken4life5 said:

Coach Tate was the coach on the Mizzou staff that he had the best relationship with as well.  I would put our chances of Watson at bigger than 5%. 

Maybe (I hadn't heard what kind of relationship Tate had with Gordon), but a lot of the buzz for Mizzou is based on his visit the other week which was after Tate was gone. Although it sounds like some of that may be influenced by his company on the trip.

wgstl, is his "manager" an obnoxious loud mouth? I think I saw that kid at a Chaminade/CBC game a few years back.

I had heard Tate had a solid relationship with Thatch and Watson, so he will certainly help with those two. I need to get out to watch Watson. I don't know much about Thatch other than what I have read, but he is some what intriguing on paper.

Also, why do these kids even narrow their list at this point?

Well, that depends on your point of view. When you cut your list down to 11, you are really proclaiming, to anyone and everyone, that you are a really hot very sought after player that had so many offers that you had to cut them down to 11 to make the process more manageable. In other words "I'm really hot," which indeed he may very well be. This is a statement of fact, a boast, and an invitation to look at him closely, all done at the same time. Nicely done if I may say so.

On ‎8‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 6:20 PM, slusam said:

I think Matt Turner is in the 2017 class and Pistol has him listed.

TRUF.

Matt Turner (2017)

SG, 6-4, 170

Trumbull, CT (Blair Academy)

Offers: SLU, Duquesne, St. Joe’s, George Washington, La Salle, Seton Hall, Virginia Tech, Pitt, Rutgers, Rice, Santa Clara, Hofstra, Fairfield, Quinnipiac.

Interest: Davidson, Fordham, Georgetown, Villanova, Pitt, Alabama, Oregon, SMU, San Diego State.

Latest News: Turner landed a couple ACC offers in Pitt and Virginia Tech in August.

Scouting Report: Turner is an excellent shooter whose ability to make plays off the dribble has improved. He’s got a good frame to build on, can play the point when called upon, and has speed up and down the floor. Turner is aggressive at both ends and plays like a veteran – smart, tough, and consistent.

Twitter: @mattxturner

1 hour ago, NextYearBill said:

FWIW Gordon is now ranked #9 in ESPN updated 2018 rankings. Get'em TFord

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/playerrankings/_/class/2018/order/true

A 250 lbs & 6'8" PF, those are rare. No wonder the college basketball world wants him. Agree, go get him!

11 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Darius Bazley and Justin Ahrens, both southwestern Ohio kids and teammates on King James AAU, committed to Ohio State together on Sunday. SLU had offered both.

-their loss

-Gus wanted them too as those are easy names to utter after "correction"

2 hours ago, Ibruce said:

Courtney Ramey is a 5 star on Scout and #19 in the country, Recently offered by Louisville. Carte'Are Gordon is #41 and a 4 star.

Someone named Franklin Aquananne, a 6'10" Center from St.Louis Christian Academy is #59 and a 4 star.

Aquananne must originally be from Texas, because all of his interest schools are down that direction.

Franklin Agunanne is from Dallas. He plays AAU ball for Team Texas. He has an offer from SMU and interest from Kansas, Iowa State, Texas, Texas Tech, Texas A&M, TCU, Oklahoma, and Lehigh.

SLU has yet to establish any pipeline or noticeable relationship with St. Louis Christian Academy.

36 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Franklin Agunanne is from Dallas. He plays AAU ball for Team Texas. He has an offer from SMU and interest from Kansas, Iowa State, Texas, Texas Tech, Texas A&M, TCU, Oklahoma, and Lehigh.

SLU has yet to establish any pipeline or noticeable relationship with St. Louis Christian Academy.

Franklin went to St. Louis Christian as a freshman and has since moved to Texas and attending St. Anthony prep school in Texas now.