Recruiting - 2018 class

NextYearBill

19 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Not necessarily. I'd personally rather see us have significant recruiting wins from multiple local AAU programs instead of just one pipeline.

Love the Goodwin tweet, by the way. That'd be a formidable backcourt.

Hopefully Goodwin can become our most effective recruiter over the next several months. 

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, SLURadioBoy said:

I admit I have never seen either play, but I would guess a backcourt of Goodwin and Watson would be a nice addition to the program.

-I've seen Watson only a few times but from the first time I thought we should try to get him

Thanks.  Only asked because I thought I remembered like Porter or somebody doing that recently to Mizzou, tweeting out top 5 and then following up with a tweet saying Mizzou is on the final list too which just gives appearance they aren't when the kid forgets them.  

Looking through some timelines of Mizzou guys (Sam Snelling being one), looks like they think Mizzou/KU are the leaders for Gordon but that SLU could be a possibility because he wants to stay close to home and because of Goodwin.  It'll be interesting to watch over the next couple of classes because Goodwin may be the kid that starts the trend of kids staying home and playing for SLU, like a lot of people wanted Tatum to do.

25 minutes ago, Billiken4life5 said:

Gordon's girlfriend also just committed to SLU soccer and he's been known to get homesick at times.  Not saying it is going to happen but I like our chances better than most of the "experts"

Willie had a nice tweet at her supporting the Bills.  Does Willie have a connection to Gordon?

Positive development. I think a lot had all but written him off. Homesickness and girlfriends certainly weigh in our favor, as well. Still a lot of work to do but this is good.

No surprise with most of them, but SMU and St. John's strike me as two who I haven't seen mentioned a ton with him, and that I would've put behind a few others involved in his recruitment. The other 9 have all been involved for a long time and have popped up frequently alongside his name.

1 minute ago, Pistol said:

No surprise with most of them, but SMU and St. John's strike me as two who I haven't seen mentioned a ton with him

Ya, I dont get SMU with Larry Brown no longer being there. 

9 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

I would put this at a 5% chance. 

Better chance with Watson, I think. 

That is where I would put it too. I think Kansas has to be like 60% on this one. I am still not sure whether the Mizzou interest is legitimate (heard very different stories on that, so not sure), regardless Kansas is the big leader in this one from what I have heard. What have people heard about Ramey? My understanding from the start was that Watson was likely the only one we had a legit chance of landing, but it sounds like there might at least be some factors in play that will keep SLU involved for Gordon.

1 minute ago, TheChosenOne said:

I am still not sure whether the Mizzou interest is legitimate

Its only as legit as it is due to 1) Coach Blossom being a huge Mizzou guy.  And 2) His good friend whom they call his "manager"  is also a big Mizzou guy. 

9 hours ago, Franchise_08 said:

Yes and they omitted SLU from the original announcement from Gordon

This was a mistake by Scott Burgess and a few others on Twitter. It looks like the lead-up to his announcement had everyone expecting a top 10, and he surprised them with 11. Seems like an honest mistake.