Joe Strauss tweets

billikenblue

I'll say what others have said: Why do his tweets need to be on the front page of this website?'

Agree.

Strauss is a dumbass do*che Billiken hater.

I cannot believe some of you show support for this tool.

He tweeted this, end of story:

@JoeStrauss

Hearing STL College of Pharmacy turned down home-and-home with SLU. Feared loss could hurt recruiting

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree.

@JoeStrauss

Hearing STL College of Pharmacy turned down home-and-home with SLU. Feared loss could hurt recruiting

It was funny.

Agree.

@JoeStrauss

Sure that tweet makes him seem like a prick and I don't really care for the guy one way or the other, but who gives a sh!!t if it's on the website. Look at all the game day threads, some of those comments make that tweet look tame. Who cares, this is an absolutely pointless thread......

Some people don't get Strauss at all. He's a troll but as long as you aren't super-sensitive there's a bit of truth in what he says. For example, his rankings of Missouri basketball teams this year has been very funny.

As for him writing an article on Mizzou, he goes where he's sent by the Post. He's not anti-SLU (unless they are playing VCU) and he's definitely a supporter of the A-10.

People should lighten up.

Agree. His trolling might've been annoying when we were actually good.. but we have been brutal this year. If you can't see the joke in the below tweet as it pertains to us always pining for a MU-SLU game then be upset I guess.

@JoeStrauss

Strauss is good for the program because he follows the A10 more closely than any major media member in the STL market that isn't on SLU's payroll.

His bosses have tasked him with writing about 2 local college basketball teams enduring seasons that many will choose to ignore, thus he has to find some way to make it interesting. Hence the trolling. If you start a thread about him on Billkens.com or post angry tweets at him, the joke is on you.

He's a VCU alum, but overall his analysis as it pertains to the SLU program is on point. He spoke positively about SLU on 920 after the SIUC win.

Anyone who thinks Strauss has it out for SLU doesn't read his tweets consistently enough. Not only was he very pro-SLU the last couple of years, but he trolls Mizzou with a passion.

Want proof, search twitter for "Haithcrime".

In the end, if a local team is playing like crap Joe will mock them, no exceptions.

Anyone who thinks Strauss has it out for SLU doesn't read his tweets consistently enough. Not only was he very pro-SLU the last couple of years, but he trolls Mizzou with a passion.

In the end, if a local team is playing like crap Joe will mock them, no exceptions.

He's an . I think that's the whole point. His schtick is annoying.

Some people don't get Strauss at all. He's a troll but as long as you aren't super-sensitive there's a bit of truth in what he says. For example, his rankings of Missouri basketball teams this year has been very funny.

As for him writing an article on Mizzou, he goes where he's sent by the Post. He's not anti-SLU (unless they are playing VCU) and he's definitely a supporter of the A-10.

People should lighten up.

+1

All you bypassing the front page! <_<

Actually - a while back I bought

http://www.billikenboard.com - Takes you right to the forum

As for the Strauss tweets - the front page current uses a filter. So if Strauss mentions SLU - it goes on the front page. Good or bad.

All you bypassing the front page! <_<

Actually - a while back I bought

http://www.billikenboard.com - Takes you right to the forum

As for the Strauss tweets - the front page current uses a filter. So if Strauss mentions SLU - it goes on the front page. Good or bad.

Keep the tweets from Strauss. We are all big boys and girls and can take it. Actually I find them humorous.

Didn't he also tweet that UMKC has yet to get a quality win? Lighten up. I have no problem with his tweets.

• 1 year later...

Joe Strauss won't be tweeting anymore. He died. 54. Leukemia.

Is their anyone left at the Post that can write knowledgeabley and objectively about the Bills?

This isn't a shot at Stu. I think being a beat writer for a college team limits what you can do, but there appears to be little left at the post besides young fan boys in the columnist position. Hochman and Fredrickson might turn out to be great 20 from years now, but their early non Mizzou returns on college sports are less than impressive.

Is their anyone left at the Post that can write knowledgeabley and objectively about the Bills?

This isn't a shot at Stu. I think being a beat writer for a college team limits what you can do, but there appears to be little left at the post besides young fan boys in the columnist position. Hochman and Fredrickson might turn out to be great 20 from years now, but their early non Mizzou returns on college sports are less than impressive.

I was thinking about this yesterday. If Strauss was alive and healthy to write, I'm sure he would write something about the shambles this program has become. Same with Burwell. I also think we'd see something from Bernie Miklasz if Bernie hadn't left the P-D for radio.

Hochman seems like a good guy, and I don't know much about Frederickson, but with both only recently returning to to St. Louis, they can't draw as good of a comparison to what the SLU program was 2 years ago.

I was thinking about this yesterday. If Strauss was alive and healthy to write, I'm sure he would write something about the shambles this program has become. Same with Burwell. I also think we'd see something from Bernie Miklasz if Bernie hadn't left the P-D for radio.

Hochman seems like a good guy, and I don't know much about Frederickson, but with both only recently returning to to St. Louis, they can't draw as good of a comparison to what the SLU program was 2 years ago.

5wfcb8.png