Crawford

Fansince59

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Crawford will be in the rotation but mostly as a shooter off the bench. Too short to play the 3, ball handling and defense questionable, but good shooter and shot creator for short spurts. An asset but hope he is not a starter.

How do you know his ball handling and defense is questionable this season? If he is the gym rat his coach says he is I would think he has been working on those shortcomings during the off season.

Crawford is a heady player that has certainly made alot of stride since the seniors left as per my source. He has improved in all areas from defense, breaking down defenders, and showing that leaping ability. He is a gifted shooter. He is undersized to play the 3 but that is his skill. I believe he may be more successful at the 2 but that is my thinking and he has 2 more years to develop the skillset to do so.

I do not believe he will lead the team in scoring because we have other scorers on this team that will do so but his contribution will be essential to our success. I say this because he generates his points mostly shooting from the long range and that will not be the emphasis on this team. Offense will start on the inside and ball worked out to the open spots for the shot.

I think Crawford will be in the rotation but mostly as a shooter off the bench. Too short to play the 3, ball handling and defense questionable, but good shooter and shot creator for short spurts. An asset but hope he is not a starter.

He's 6-4. The same as Jake. Was JB too short to play the 3?

I guess I should be drinking the blue kool-aid like some of you guys.

Crawford is promising as a 3 point shooter, he made 9 of 21 last season. But come on, he made only 17 field goals all of last season averaging just 2 points a game! His overall field goal average was 39.5% which means he shot poorer inside the 3 point arc than behind it. On top of that the coach made it pretty clear he preferred TL over MC late in the year.

If two of our frosh guards step up, MC will be lucky to play 15 minutes a game. If MC can score 6 to 8 points a game I will be thrilled. This would be great progress for him and the team.

He is as tall as Highmark actually was and a better athlete. If he can shoot he will be fine.

He is not a better athlete than Highmark. If he was he would have played more. Highmark was a decent athlete and a very good player. If Crawford has as good a sophomore year as Highmark that would be excellent.

He is not a better athlete than Highmark. If he was he would have played more. Highmark was a decent athlete and a very good player. If Crawford has as good a sophomore year as Highmark that would be excellent.

Highmark played as a freshman because it was a crappy team. Crawford didn't play because he was on a team that was a conference champion. Highmark could barely touch the net when he jumped. Crawford can get above the rim. Let's not even get started on Highmark's defense.

If Crawford can shoot he will be fine.

Highmark played as a freshman because it was a crappy team. Crawford didn't play because he was on a team that was a conference champion. Highmark could barely touch the net when he jumped. Crawford can get above the rim. Let's not even get started on Highmark's defense.

If Crawford can shoot he will be fine.

There is more to athleticism than being able to jump.

There is more to athleticism than being able to jump.

There is? Like what — particularly as it pertains to basketball? And even if you're talking about arm strength, it was Crawford they chose to throw the long baseball pass. Highmark was a great Billiken, but Crawford is definitely more athletic.