Congratulations to the baseball team

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was waiting for this topic to open..... Do you think there are some asterisk type feelings about tying to clinch?

Yeah. It was an interesting situation. Both SLU and LaSalle agreed to end the game at a certain time due to travel schedules which resulting in the final regular season game ending in a tie. SLU finished with a 18-7-1 A-10 record and St. Joe's was at 18-8. I'm not sure how the tie-breaker would have worked if they finished tied.

Definitely weird to "win" that way, but it was agreed in advance of the game. If SLU had lost because of the time limit, it would have been pretty crappy.

Getting the #1 seed and a bye in the A10 tournament is pretty huge.

Yeah. It was an interesting situation. Both SLU and LaSalle agreed to end the game at a certain time due to travel schedules which resulting in the final regular season game ending in a tie. SLU finished with a 18-7-1 A-10 record and St. Joe's was at 18-8. I'm not sure how the tie-breaker would have worked if they finished tied.

Definitely weird to "win" that way, but it was agreed in advance of the game. If SLU had lost because of the time limit, it would have been pretty crappy.

Was St. Joes asked about the time limit? I would be pretty upset if I were them, but ill take it

St. Joes owned the tiebreaker.

Hendrickson has built a helluva program here. I think I'll make my way down there on friday.

#1 SLU will take on #4 VCU tomorrow (who beat #5 Richmond), so we are likely to see some interest from Joe Strauss in the game. It will be dreadful if SLU loses though b/c VCU fans (including Strauss) are insufferable.

It's double elimination and the Billikens are legit.

#1 SLU will take on #4 VCU tomorrow (who beat #5 Richmond), so we are likely to see some interest from Joe Strauss in the game. It will be dreadful if SLU loses though b/c VCU fans (including Strauss) are insufferable.

I think Strauss has actually been to multiple games this year. I know he takes some crap on here, but I can't remember a columnist taking the interest in SLU he has. Strauss is good for SLU athletics.

It's double elimination and the Billikens are legit.

I know and I don't think the Bills will lose, but I think Strauss would do some trolling on twitter in the unlikely event VCU wins.

I think Strauss has actually been to multiple games this year. I know he takes some crap on here, but I can't remember a columnist taking the interest in SLU he has. Strauss is good for SLU athletics.

I agree. I'm not a big fan of Strauss' style, but he gives the Billikens good coverage. Despite his background as a Cardinals beat guy, he seems to give all sports coverage rather than focus solely on the Cardinals all of the time (like some other PD columnists).

Is Clay Smith out for the year? Haven't seen much on him.

Yes. I believe he hurt his arm early in the year and is out for the season. Huge blow to the Billikens because instead of having a pretty dominant (for the A10) 1-2 with Smith & Norwood, they've had to rely more heavily on just Norwood. With a healthy Smith, SLU probably wins the A10 regular season easily rather than narrowly edging St. Joes.

That being said, if SLU wins the A10 tournament, the end result probably won't be changed very much. Based on limited baseball knowledge I get the idea that with or without Smith, SLU's ceiling is/was probably winning the A10 and losing in the NCAA regionals.

I happened to be in Tuscaloosa visiting my daughter the weekend SLU played Alabama...Pretty lucky!

Doesn't the SEC teams play in some nice stadiums and do they draw. Almost like Double A level parks. (Seen the Bay Bears plenty of times when I lived in Ocean Springs, MS)

Last year I caught the baseball Bills play at Ole Miss and in the CWS when they played at South Carolina.

I thought Alabama's stadium was very nice, but apparently they are in the process of building a new one. That football money goes a looooong way!!!

It seems that Alabama does draw pretty well for baseball, but they draw even better for gymnastics!