OT: New Pro Soccer Team in St. Louis

The goal of 2500 per game is easily attainable considering AC STL drew 2800 with a bad product. I'll go alot and possibly get season tickets if the quality of play is good. I'm not looking for the skill level to be top notch, just well played games for their level. If it's bad like AC St. Louis was, I won't go at all

The new USL team in OKC has been well received and I was pleasantly surprised by the relative quality. As skip says, the expectation shouldn't be EPL level, but it should exhibit some quality and seriousness, which it has in my limited experience with the OKC team.

It's a lower tier than NASL, so don't expect a better product than AC St Louis. Quite the opposite in fact. Lower quality players and same head coach. But it has to work - if not, all claims about St Louis still being soccer USA become not only outdated but laughable. 2500 fans to break even in tier 3 sounds ambitious.

I really don't see this ending well. I do think St. Louis would support an MLS team, but continued failure of St. Louis teams in lower-level leagues isn't getting us any closer to having an MLS team.

I do realize that having a successful lower-level team would help St. Louis get an MLS team. I hope it happens, I just have my doubts

I really don't see this ending well. I do think St. Louis would support an MLS team, but continued failure of St. Louis teams in lower-level leagues isn't getting us any closer to having an MLS team.

I do realize that having a successful lower-level team would help St. Louis get an MLS team. I hope it happens, I just have my doubts

All signals point that this ownership group knows what it is doing. While the quality of play won't be equal to AC St. Louis hopefully there won't be the constant roster upheaval and financial shortcuts that the previous club made.The last ownership group was well over its head, this one appears to be grounded.

It's a lower tier than NASL, so don't expect a better product than AC St Louis. Quite the opposite in fact. Lower quality players and same head coach. But it has to work - if not, all claims about St Louis still being soccer USA become not only outdated but laughable. 2500 fans to break even in tier 3 sounds ambitious.

Its not hard to be a better product despite being a lower level of play. AC St.Louis always looked like a team that had never practiced together and really just met 45 minutes before game time. Most people won't know or care about the level of the league. I don't follow the lower leagues or know which is better. I guess the way to describe AC St.L play was sloppy. If the matches are competitive and the quality of play is good compared to the league it is in I believe 2500 is easy.

Its not hard to be a better product despite being a lower level of play. AC St.Louis always looked like a team that had never practiced together and really just met 45 minutes before game time. Most people won't know or care about the level of the league. I don't follow the lower leagues or know which is better. I guess the way to describe AC St.L play was sloppy. If the matches are competitive and the quality of play is good compared to the league it is in I believe 2500 is easy.

Provided that the club teams "recommend" that their players follow the new team with their wallets

Many cities are choosing USL Pro over NASL because the league has a partnership with MLS.

Provided that the club teams "recommend" that their players follow the new team with their wallets

I don't know that that would be necessary. If AC STL drew 2800 per game. I'd be willing to bet 90% of the fans that came had no idea which of the NASL or the USL Pro league is considered to be better. I don't think it matters which league is better. If the soccer is good for their league people will come