Dayton to Elite Eight

10 players scored with freshman making some big contributions...wish it was us

I had not seen Dayton play before our first match-up, so I looked at their stats around that time. I was impressed by how many different players they had play and score. No superstars, but good depth and balanced scoring. We see that has served them well in the Tourney. I thought we were going to have a difficult time winning that game. Then we go out and beat the crap out of them at their place.

So when we play them on Senior Night, I figure we are definitely going to win. We know how that turned out. They looked much better than how they looked the first time we played them. They had a lot of bounce in their step and we looked tired. Agree with those who speculate that if we win that game, Dayton doesn't even make the Tourney.

When I went to the Saint Louis/Dayton game this past January in Dayton, the gameday program boasted that Dayton has beaten its last nine or so SEC opponents over the last so many years insinuating dominance over the SEC. It was even the "win a free pizza" trivia question asked among the lucky fans.

Dayton dominates the SEC. Bet the house!

Florida is going to abliterate Dayton. Bet the neighborhood.

Florida is going to abliterate Dayton. Bet the neighborhood.

Doubt it. Saw Florida play in person and I was not at all impressed. They're my national champion but I don't see it happening anymore. Dayton is hot and I'd be damned to make that game any more than a 50/50. Shut down Scottie Wilbekin and it's GAME OVER. DAYTON TO THE FINAL FOUR BABY.

Doubt it. Saw Florida play in person and I was not at all impressed. They're my national champion but I don't see it happening anymore. Dayton is hot and I'd be damned to make that game any more than a 50/50. Shut down Scottie Wilbekin and it's GAME OVER. DAYTON TO THE FINAL FOUR BABY.

Florida is way too deep, they defend very well, they are experienced, they dont panic, and they havent lost since we were working on our Thanksgiving plans. If you are fan of the Billikens half court shut you down defense, I dont know how you couldn't be impressed with Florida's deeper and taller version. Billy Donovan is still the most underrated coach in America. Four straight Elite Eights after back to back NCs but they still dont put him in the class if Pitino, Calipari, Coach K. And he's done it a football first school with a crappy ass arena.

Florida is way too deep, they defend very well, they are experienced, they dont panic, and they havent lost since we were working on our Thanksgiving plans. If you are fan of the Billikens half court shut you down defense, I dont know how you couldn't be impressed with Florida's deeper and taller version. Billy Donovan is still the most underrated coach in America. Four straight Elite Eights after back to back NCs but they still dont put him in the class if Pitino, Calipari, Coach K. And he's done it a football first school with a crappy ass arena.

Like I said: I saw them play, I think they're overrated, and I don't see them beating a hot Dayton team. And if depth is your argument, you must not know much about the Flyers.

They had 12 players see the court last night, and 11 of them scored. Literally not a guy on the team didn't see the court and only one of them didn't rack up a bucket or two. That's tough. Florida starts to shut down somebody? BAM! New rotation, new match-ups.

By no means am I saying that Dayton will run the court with them, but I'm also not really ruling it out... Archie Miller ain't ready to land the plane just yet. Florida has to meet expectations whereas Dayton only has expectations to exceed! It'll be an interesting game. Mark my words.

Like I said: I saw them play, I think they're overrated, and I don't see them beating a hot Dayton team. And if depth is your argument, you must not know much about the Flyers.

They had 12 players see the court last night, and 11 of them scored. Literally not a guy on the team didn't see the court and only one of them didn't rack up a bucket or two. That's tough. Florida starts to shut down somebody? BAM! New rotation, new match-ups.

By no means am I saying that Dayton will run the court with them, but I'm also not really ruling it out... Archie Miller ain't ready to land the plane just yet. Florida has to meet expectations whereas Dayton only has expectations to exceed! It'll be an interesting game. Mark my words.

So is Dayton definitely going to win, or is Dayton maybe going to hang tough with them?

??? I always found it easier to meet expectations than exceed them.

A talented experienced team that is unselfish is almost impossible to beat. Again thats why it hasnt happened since November. Dayton is going to have a huge difficutly scoring points tomorrow and Florida will get enough.

Kyle Anderson today joined a tremendous list of former UCLA players (Westbrook, Aflallo, Farmar) that turned pro after losing to Florida in the NCAA Tournament.

So is Dayton definitely going to win, or is Dayton maybe going to hang tough with them?

What I meant to say is I don't see where Florida will run the court with Archie Miller's fightin' flyers. It will be more of a toss-up, but I'll be VERY surprised if it's a blow out. (in either direction)

??? I always found it easier to meet expectations than exceed them.

Let's put it this way: Dayton is playing in their Super Bowl, and Florida is playing in an exhibition game vs. a D-2 school. One has everything to gain and one has everything to lose.

Florida is a better version of SLU but I favvor the A10 team to get through. Good defense and offense but can go through tough periods of no scoring.

Florida is a better version of SLU but I favvor the A10 team to get through. Good defense and offense but can go through tough periods of no scoring.

I thought the key was Wilbekin on Siebert. Wilbekin never really left him which put the clamps on the kid. Oliver did what he could but if I had to pick between Siebert and/or Oliver to beat me from outside, I'd have chosen Oliver too. Nice story on him and his sister. And the Pollard kid reverted back to true form after his career day against Stanford. And since when did Kavanaugh get so good that the announcers can refer to him as "Kav?" Florida also finally realized that doubling down on the post was playing into Dayton's hands as they would kick it out for the open threes. I'd take my chances isolating Patric Young defensively against Kavanaugh, Scott or Robinson down low and again make them beat me and not Siebert, Oliver,Pierre or any of Dayton's other perimeter players.

Live by the three, die by the three.