NCAA cinderellas

moytoy12

1973: 5 UCLA cheerleaders came to Bogart's, then a bar on Vandeventer down by SLU after the NCAA Championship Game. They had their unis on, skirts, stayed over 2 hours, had a few beers etc., did some dancing, cheering.

You smash?

Walton went 21/ 22, UCLA pounded Memphis State.

I was on my third date with an Irish broad I wound up marrying, and am still married to...

5 UCLA cheerleaders, a friend asked them there, the bar was deserted, it was a dream come true. My ship came in and I was at the train station.

So I sat there and got loaded with my date while others did their best to score big time... date (wife) of course kept noticing me staring at the cheerleaders. Annoyed. Even then.

This can be verified by a credible poster on this board, though he may leave me hanging.

I was on my third date with an Irish broad I wound up marrying, and am still married to...

5 UCLA cheerleaders, a friend asked them there, the bar was deserted, it was a dream come true. My ship came in and I was at the train station.

So I sat there and got loaded with my date while others did their best to score big time... date (wife) of course kept noticing me staring at the cheerleaders. Annoyed. Even then.

This can be verified by a credible poster on this board, though he may leave me hanging.

Where has this MB been the last couple of years? Christ. More cheerleader stories and less Vegas lines.

Good stuff.

What was it that made the Irish broad fall for you?

One of the five UCLA cheerleaders that showed up at Bogart's was oriental. Fact. I cannot remember if she ate any of the free peanuts, they had a large barrel filled with peanuts in the shell. Theoretically, you could never starve.

Irish broad was from a foo-foo well known Catholic girls high school, therefore naturally attracted to a large male from a barbaric public high school.

She had no clue who was playing basketball or why or for what; the game was at the Arena on Oakland. Bill Walton could have sat next to her at Bogart's after the game and she wouldn't have realized...

One of the five UCLA cheerleaders that showed up at Bogart's was oriental. Fact. I cannot remember if she ate any of the free peanuts, they had a large barrel filled with peanuts in the shell. Theoretically, you could never starve.

Irish broad was from a foo-foo well known Catholic girls high school, therefore naturally attracted to a large male from a barbaric public high school.

She had no clue who was playing basketball or why or for what; the game was at the Arena on Oakland. Bill Walton could have sat next to her at Bogart's after the game and she wouldn't have realized...

Why would she, she had a stud, hard hitting third baseman picking up her tab!!

Why would she, she had a stud, hard hitting third baseman picking up her tab!!

Just pointing out a colorful NCAA related slice of life in Billiken history.

So many times that bar was dead. Who would have thought the goddam UCLA cheerleaders would walk through that door at Bogart's and spend time with my group of friends? I don't know jimbofive, but he would have crapped his pants, a dream come true.

Uh, that was a little before cell phone cameras were available.

The friend that asked (conned) the cheerleaders to join us was working the aisles for the game though SLU, an usher, right near the UCLA bench.

He was a notorious ladies man who at one time had the best looking girlfriend in the Midwest. Big drinker from a family of drinkers.

Now he is a born again Christian and quit drinking 20 years ago. Who would have figured?

Just pointing out a colorful NCAA related slice of life in Billiken history.

So many times that bar was dead. Who would have thought the goddam UCLA cheerleaders would walk through that door at Bogart's and spend time with my group of friends? I don't know Jimbo5 but he would have crapped his pants, a dream come true.

Uh, that was a little before cell phone cameras were available.

The friend that asked (conned) the cheerleaders to join us was working the aisles for the game though SLU, an usher, right near the UCLA bench.

He was a notorious ladies man who at one time had the best looking girlfriend in the Midwest. Big drinker from a family of drinkers.

Now he is a born again Christian and quit drinking 20 years ago. Who would have figured?

I don't know about that. We spent many a night overserved on a curb in front.