The bigger issue...

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well.. Hopefully it's not a major concern. He'll have a week of rest. Either way I still think the bigger issue is that we lost to #9 in the A10 and have lost 4 of our last 5. We looked terrible in the second half.. Seems to be a trend. Whatever issues we want to concern ourselves with do not matter if we can't close out a game.

No. The greater concern is our healthy team gave up 71 points to FUOKING ST. BONAVENTURE

I'm not so concerned about that. Remember how well the Bonnies shot against the Bills in the game at Chaifetz. It's just a good matchup for them. I don't think it's symptomatic of a major defensive problem going forward. I'm more interested in getting Jett healthy.

I'm not so concerned about that. Remember how well the Bonnies shot against the Bills in the game at Chaifetz. It's just a good matchup for them. I don't think it's symptomatic of a major defensive problem going forward. I'm more interested in getting Jett healthy.

Duquense and Dayton lighting this defense up in the last few games...yeah, there's a problem.

I'm just really disappointed with the continued lack of urgency displayed by the team. Really frustrating.

You are correct - TOs just don't seem like a big deal to them anymore - they have been giving the ball away in bunches and don't seem to understand that this is their demise lately. Once again up by double digits at half and within in 5 minutes they have squandered it. I am really disappointed in their lackadasikal pla.

Keep sticking your head in the sand - this team is playing poorly at just the wrong time. Not sure why it took so long for JC to call a time out in the second half but he is not helping his team get their heads out of their rears. JC's lack of urgency simply lends itself to the team to take it over. RM would have called as many time outs as needed to wake them up.

They shot 60% in the second half. THAT is a problem. Letting their shooter get 4 wide-open transition 3's is a problem. Turning the ball over 9 times and being unable to recognize a trapping defense is a problem.

ABF, you can focus all your attention on Jett's leg. I prefer to focus on the fact that at this point this is NOT a good team. They have only managed to prove one point over the past couple of weeks, they are no where near the 8th or 10th best team in the country. Jett's leg won't be much of an issue after we get bounced from the Dance in the first game or two. I have listened to JB, DE and RL talk on TV and the radio over the past few days, expressing their togetherness and confidence-clearly we (they) are not as good as they thought they were. I hope they stay off the airwaves and just practice basketball and try to figure out why they have been no better than average over the past 2 months, in spite of the wins.

As JC says in just about every interview, you have to be lucky to win. Our luck appears to have run out. Our only win in the last 5 games was a game UMASS served up to us on a golden platter by parting like the Red Sea as JJ dribbled to the hoop for a layup.

Wow....I am stunned but not surprised. I do not expect anything different in NCAA play. Gonna be the same result and we may be lucky to win one. JJ's leg issue is going to be a problem. Hopefully they can pick themselves up. Saw alot of positives but the 71 points shows that our defense is no longer going to protect us from teams with a greater desire to win. That is the NCAA. Bring it or go home!

Let's see how the seniors respond. Careers are on the line now. Do they come out with urgency and emotion or do they keep this casual attitude going that allows teams to stick around.

seriously, the only thing they seem to be fighting for over the last month is the right to go down with one of the most disappointing finishes in school history. every game has been close but Christ, the turnovers. where's the perimeter D? ugly stuff.

Maybe they're just trying to lower expectations so they can shock the nation when we make it to the final four. Jordair's leg injury is just a ploy to keep us all worried. You heard it here first.

*knocking viciously on wood*

We need another "murder these sons of ******* in their bed" speech. I think it was jimbo who posted that after Rhode Island last year.

We don't need any speeches, other than someone with some fire telling the seniors to get their heads out of their @$$s. We got our 20 minutes on the radio (Wed) senior giving us 1/5 shooting; we have a mod on this Board worried about Jett's leg-did his leg cause him to turn the ball over 6, yes 6, times? The POY has been pi$$ poor on defense often in the past few months and he has lived on his previous two year reputation as a defender. As you will be able to find, if you are really bored, I have been talking about Jett's turnover and carelessness for quite a while this year. He has lived on his ability to go to the hoop and win 3-4 games for us this year, with little discussion of his poor free throw shooting, losing sight of his man 2-3 times a game along with some killing turnovers. If his leg is ok for the next game, I hope his head is also.

Maybe they're just trying to lower expectations so they can shock the nation when we make it to the final four. Jordair's leg injury is just a ploy to keep us all worried. You heard it here first.

*knocking viciously on wood*

You're so funny man. Good thing we have your comedy to keep us going today

Where has our defense gone? well, 20 points today off our turnovers. Like any sport, turnovers are killers. We have got to protect the ball better. Also, when we were on our run, Austin was giving us that extra edge in points. We need McBroom to get his shooting back.

I agree wholeheartedly that we need for McBroom to relocate his stroke.

We don't need any speeches, other than someone with some fire telling the seniors to get their heads out of their @$$s. We got our 20 minutes on the radio (Wed) senior giving us 1/5 shooting; we have a mod on this Board worried about Jett's leg-did his leg cause him to turn the ball over 6, yes 6, times? The POY has been pi$$ poor on defense often in the past few months and he has lived on his previous two year reputation as a defender. As you will be able to find, if you are really bored, I have been talking about Jett's turnover and carelessness for quite a while this year. He has lived on his ability to go to the hoop and win 3-4 games for us this year, with little discussion of his poor free throw shooting, losing sight of his man 2-3 times a game along with some killing turnovers. If his leg is ok for the next game, I hope his head is also.

It's just my opinion, but I think you're overreacting. I'm hopeful that the team can put all of the pieces together and go on a run beginning in about a week. It only takes two wins for them to do something the school has never done (in the modern era).

All I'm saying is that I'm not going to spend the next six days to a week wringing my hands over this loss.