Bracketology (3/10)

DD3

He has Dayton and St. Joe's in his "Last Four In" with a total of 6 A-10 teams (and 3 from the Big East).

Six would be awesome, but I think it is unlikely BOTH Dayton and St. Joe's get in. Tenn. and Arkansas also on the last four in, so the SEC is in danger of having as few as two teams. Great year for the A-10 especially considering the offseason defections, but maybe the Valley is still the place for us. ;)

Six would be awesome, but I think it is unlikely BOTH Dayton and St. Joe's get in. Tenn. and Arkansas also on the last four in, so the SEC is in danger of having as few as two teams. Great year for the A-10 especially considering the offseason defections, but maybe the Valley is still the place for us. ;)

I'm pretty sure that if asked about it, Lunardi would tell you that "as of right now" both are in but would acknowledge that when they play each other in the 4/5 game one will have to lose and thus be bumped out. I remember his saying similar things in past years for teams that were in the Last Four in and were going to play each other.

I'm pretty sure that if asked about it, Lunardi would tell you that "as of right now" both are in but would acknowledge that when they play each other in the 4/5 game one will have to lose and thus be bumped out. I remember his saying similar things in past years for teams that were in the Last Four in and were going to play each other.

Saint Joe's had a chance for a share of the league title right up until we won yesterday. Dayton has the higher RPI and more impressive OOC wins. I'm not sure which scenario you're talking about last year, but it seems possible both make it in this year (especially if one of the two ends up in the A-10 tourney final).

Saint Joe's had a chance for a share of the league title right up until we won yesterday. Dayton has the higher RPI and more impressive OOC wins. I'm not sure which scenario you're talking about last year, but it seems possible both make it in this year (especially if one of the two ends up in the A-10 tourney final).

If Dayton wins their first game and then loses to ST. Joes, their RPI will drop to about 44. If St. Joes loses its first game to Dayton, their RPI will drop to about 54 (per RPIforecast) and they'd be on a 3 game losing streak.

I don't see either team getting in with those numbers but would agree that Dayton losing that game at least opens up the possibility of them getting a 6th bid.