GDT It's hasta la vista Seniors

slu72

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not going to fault the team. I'm not feeling too good about JC's game management. Starters consistently on the floor too many minutes. Now they're worn out and beat up and the bench had the talent to contribute much more. Could be a short tournament run.

Now the seniors graduate and we start out next year with green starters.

I'm getting pissed about this storyline. Injuries are one thing but the minutes played are just not that excessive. I don't like the fact that Crews hoards timeouts like they're more precious than life it self. Is everyone worn down? I don't know but I'm not prepared to blame Crews alone for these last three games.......

I'm getting pissed about this storyline. Injuries are one thing but the minutes played are just not that excessive. I don't like the fact that Crews hoards timeouts like they're more precious than life it self. Is everyone worn down? I don't know but I'm not prepared to blame Crews alone for these last three games.......

Nobody has played too many minutes. That argument is BS.

BillRich: it really troubles me that my comments piss you off. Just another sign of how little you know about the game.

We got exposed. You can only win so many close games.

That is exactly right. The two G Mason games could very easily have been losses. Same with GW, LaSalle, Rhode Island, VCU, Vandy, etc.

I also don't think saying we are tired is an objective comment. A large percentage of teams are tired now. And we may not have a highly experienced bench, but we have plenty of options off the bench so that is also not a good relative explanation.

Couldn't watch the game, but was constantly updating online. Glancing at the box score, 4-17 from 3 from our 'gunners' (Loe, Barnett, and McCall) isn't going to get it done.

Again, how does Barnett take the last shot...was he really wide open?

I saw that Jett was hurt...but only 3 shots in 29 minutes...wtf???

How do we let a scrub like Kendall Pollard get 9 points in 10 minutes??!!! The dude averages about 1 field goal attempt PER GAME!!!!!

Honestly I was mad about the Duq fluke. I was pissed about VCU. But now I have realized that I do not care about the rankings. They are BS anyway as Duke will only drop around 1 spot I bet. As long as we are HEALTHY things will fall into place. Sure we may be an 8th seed going into the NCAA tournament, but in order to advance you are going to HAVE TO BEAT GOOD TEAMS. Bottom line. It's all about matchups, clearly as we were destroyed by Oregon last year. I'm tired of being upset and am hoping Dwayne gets out of his funk and JJ heals quickly. That is all we can hope for.

Jett and Evans and whoever else need to sit UMass and the A10 tournament for all I care. We have said since day 1 this team will be judged by how far they advance in the dance. It's still true. We look hurt. We've still won some games. I think JB sucks but he had some great looks tonight, including some that didn't fall.

Grunky outed himself as a troll, BillikenLaw is in the same veiled boat.

6 or 7 seed... Fine. Let's be the underdogs the whole way. This is the year to be a low seed, it doesn't matter.

Couldn't watch the game, but was constantly updating online. Glancing at the box score, 4-17 from 3 from our 'gunners' (Loe, Barnett, and McCall) isn't going to get it done.

Again, how does Barnett take the last shot...was he really wide open?

I saw that Jett was hurt...but only 3 shots in 29 minutes...wtf???

How do we let a ###### scrub like Kendall Pollard get 9 points in 10 minutes??!!! The dude averages about 1 field goal attempt PER GAME!!!!!

Barnett was as open as he could've been. Not at all upset with him taking the shot.

Not mention Rob's look before that in the prior possession. Thought that one was money.

I even called it as he set for the shot: "Money."

I'll take the blame for that one, but I don't know how Barnett missed. He's supposed to be a three point shooter and well I don't know what else he could've asked for. WIDE open. Although that was a lot of pressure and I like the guy as a player, so moving on to Sunday...

I even called it as he set for the shot: "Money."

I'll take the blame for that one, but I don't know how Barnett missed. He's supposed to be a three point shooter and well I don't know what else he could've asked for. WIDE open. Although that was a lot of pressure and I like the guy as a player, so moving on to Sunday...

I can tell you how Barnett missed. He missed because he has never proven to be a good 3-point shooter or a clutch player.

Awful way for these seniors to go down.

Apparently the team meeting didn't work out so well.

Still I blame this loss on the injuries. Jett was playing at 50%, Evans isn't much better. These are our two best players. You can't win like this, especially playing a good Dayton team that is playing to get in the NCAAs.

You can nitpick but right now we are beat up. Its sad that this group has gone injury free for 4 years and now is hobbled but we just need some time to recuperate.

Otherwise its the same issues we've had all year, poor defensive rebounding, bad 2nd half FT shooting, and giving up a lot of steals. With Evans and Jett hurt we can't make up for it.

The minutes issue is crazy. Personally with nobody averaging over 33 minutes a game, Evans, Jett, Loe, McCall, should have been playing more minutes this season not less. Most teams play their starters a much larger amount of the game. We aren't fatigued, we are hurt.

With 34 seconds left, SLU scored to cut lead to 68-67. It looked like the whole SLU coaching staff was up calling for the timeout, but it was either denied, ignored, or both by that same ref, Leslie Jones, who made his presence known earlier in the game. UD was able to run 10 seconds off the clock before SLU was forced to foul Price, a high 80's% FT shooter.

Can anyone at the game or even watching on TV explain what happened there? Why was SLU not given that timeout after a made basket?

Awful way for these seniors to go down.

Apparently the team meeting didn't work out so well.

Still I blame this loss on the injuries. Jett was playing at 50%, Evans isn't much better. These are our two best players. You can't win like this, especially playing a good Dayton team that is playing to get in the NCAAs.

You can nitpick but right now we are beat up. Its sad that this group has gone injury free for 4 years and now is hobbled but we just need some time to recuperate.

Otherwise its the same issues we've had all year, poor defensive rebounding, bad 2nd half FT shooting, and giving up a lot of steals. With Evans and Jett hurt we can't make up for it.

The minutes issue is crazy. Personally with nobody averaging over 33 minutes a game, Evans, Jett, Loe, McCall, should have been playing more minutes this season not less. Most teams play their starters a much larger amount of the game. We aren't fatigued, we are hurt.

Does Crews play Jett and Evans at UMass?

SLU has the #1 seed in the A10 Tournament clinched.

But SLU's RPI is now 22, which is a 6 seed, and free falling fast, with 3 straight losses.

I think if Jett and Evans can play, Crews will play them at UMass.