cant resist

hey aj, didnt you guarantee me last year that arthur johnson was at least a first round pick if not a lottery pick? i have been scanning the draft list (which i am reading the experts say was the weakest draft in years) this morning and i cant find his name listed anywhere. looks like he isnt any better than kenny brown according to the nba.

While we all think that playing 4 years and graduating is the way to go these 2 guys probably would have been first round picks last year.Somebody told them that they could move into the lottery after their senior year. Something to be said about putting that bird in your hand.

come on aj, you were never bashful about telling us how johnson was a sure first rounder before when we used to argue the kenny brown vs arthur johnson deal. step up now and grab your plate of crow.

Guess I should say something, since I was involved in that original conversation. Apparently your memory is getting pretty bad in your old age :)

To refresh your memory, it was torch who said he thought Johnson was a lottery pick. Me and AJ both said late second round if at all. That whole topic started with you listing a page of players you thought were better than Johnson(including Chris Braun and Kenny Brown LOL). Then torch threw in the part where he thought AJ was a lottery pick and the topic sidetracked. Somehow ever since you've attributed that statement to AJ. Yes, I have a freakish memory and hello again all, I see this board hasn't changed much:)

i think you said as well he was more than a second round pick. i was the only one saying he wouldnt get drafted. taj mentioned that maybe a good comparison was lonny baxter, and i said he wouldnt even be that good. the bottom line is that johnson was no where the player that you or any of the other tigernut$ thought he was and the nba backed me up.

jwd said, "hello again all, I see this board hasn't changed much:)"

it is laughable to believe you havent been monitoring our board and just coincidentally looked in today. as usual there are a few mi$$ouri fans that are so obsessed with the billikens like yourself that you are here all the time at least reading because it never fails a comment is made and bam, the tiger$ are there to tell us why we ar wrong. it is a compliment to the billikens that you are so worried about the billiken nation though.

good to see walmart paid off 2/3 of the bad boys. i would love to see the ageement that went with that.

Actually I haven't looked at this board in almost a year. Just saw thicks post on tigerboard, that he would give his all star game thoughts here and came to check it out. Just keeping you honest, since I was in that conversation. I'd even defend you if someone accused you of something you didn't say.

I said AJ would be late second round at best. Just because a guy doesn't get drafted doesn't mean he was a fine college player and that was what your original post that day was about. A page full of guys you thought were better college players than Johnson. The guy scored about 1700 pts, had 1100 rbs and 250 blks. He's undersized for the NBA though. That game is a different animal.

my whole point of that post that day was to say that arthur johnson was nothing that special and that he wouldnt go on to bigger and better things. now the proof is there. couldnt even get drafted, ok college player not much better than kenny brown.

jwd said, " I won't be around here long, don't worry."

good to hear. for what it worth i thought your new supercenter in o'fallon looks nice.

who said that Arthur Johnson was a 1st round pick. In fact, I was the one who said both Rickey Paulding and Arthur Johnson weren't 1st round picks...LAST YEAR.

I hindsight, I would much rather have had Johnson than Brown. He could shoot without putting the ball on the floor, and every ft wasn't an adventure. I think we'd have been NCAA bound those 2 years with just that one substitution.

He'd have started for the Billikens for four years and we'd have made the dance last year. AJ wasn't NBA tall but he was still a player! Much better then Kenny and Chris Braun wasn't playing the same game. I love Tom but even Tom would've been playing backup minutes to AJ.

I think there were several MU faithful that said AJ would be a high draft pick. I look back on last year for MU and I really can't think of things going any better. How bitter sweet things ended up. If you look at their schedule, stats, their losses, the NCAA, where AJ ended up, the media scrutiny - it was awesome! Good job, Quin! You are the man, just like so many of your fans told us you are!