Senior Night

Putting this on the front page. One more win needed for the A-10 title. Then we need to take care of business on the road.

Dwayne Evans is the most fundamentally sound Billiken I have ever seen. Jordair Jett surpasses Marque Perry’s ability to drive and score with defense to boot. If an important 3 is needed, I want Mike McCall taking the shot. Rob Loe threatens from both inside and out, and Jake Barnett provides solid defense.

We will never see a senior class like this again – and I want something else we have never seen: A Sweet 16. Too many forget that in the last twenty years our only dances required Larry Hughes and a “Miracle” in Memphis. It has been a tough week, but these guys have been through tougher. They were part of Majerus’ only losing season, and they came out the winningest players in SLU history.

Dwayne, Jordair, Mike, Rob, and Jake have one last game in Chaifetz – and then it is onto the bigger prize. If there was a SLU class that could do it, this is it. Let’s go Bills.

Putting this on the front page. One more win needed for the A-10 title. Then we need to take care of business on the road.

Nicely stated Steve. These past 3 years with these players gave us a fantastic ride. Can't wait to give them a standing "O" of appreciation Wednesday night.

Lets finish this off with 2 more wins to wrap the conference season title and go to Brooklyn with a swagger.

Majerus did a hell of a job recruiting this class. He developed so quickly in their first 2 years and because of him they have a chance to do something special. Thanks to Rick and to the guys for everything over these last 4 years. I know this is Crews' team now but let's finish this season for Majerus and get to the Sweet Sixteen and beyond.

http://www.ncaa.com/video/basketball-men/2012-03-18/third-round-saint-louis-post

If anyone can figure out how to embed that video in the post it'd be appreciated.

Safe to assume the senior night festivities will be after the game similar to how Majerus always did it and it was done last year?

With an 8pm tip off it may be a challenge for some to stay awake let alone stick around. Curious to see how the consistent "leave early to beat the traffic crew" handles it in my section. Unfortunately I am pretty sure I already know. If you have to beat traffic to miss OT or a close finish I can't imagine you are sticking around for any ceremonies.

With an 8pm tip off it may be a challenge for some to stay awake let alone stick around. Curious to see how the consistent "leave early to beat the traffic crew" handles it in my section. Unfortunately I am pretty sure I already know. If you have to beat traffic to miss OT or a close finish I can't imagine you are sticking around for any ceremonies.

The Xavier game two years ago was an 8 PM tip and most people stayed around afterwards. There will always be a few people that leave but after what these seniors have done for the program you have to hope most people can spare 30 minutes of their time.

The Xavier game two years ago was an 8 PM tip and most people stayed around afterwards. There will always be a few people that leave but after what these seniors have done for the program you have to hope most people can spare 30 minutes of their time.

Especially since they should be cutting down the nets to celebrate a conference championship after the speeches when they see that GW beat St. Joe's.

when they see that GW beat St. Joe's.

I'm not sure they want to announce this game's final score until after the Billiken's game has ended. There is no need to do any scoreboard watching when you control the conference title with a win. I understand they are being played at the same time, so there's also no need to provide an in-game score at the arena.

Does anyone know if SLU is planning on video taping the festivities? For us out of towers we aren't able to see the senior night celebration on TV so it would be good to see on you tube, etc.

I think the past 2 senior nights have been put on YouTube from the AD, would expect the same this year.

Some stats re the SLU-Dayton series:

All time head to head record- Tied at 25-25.

SLU vs. Dayton in St. Louis: 14-8.

SLU vs. Dayton at Chaifetz Arena: 4-1.

SLU has won the last 3 meetings overall.

Tom Timmerman tweets that tickets are available. These Seniors are the winningest class in Saint Louis U. history. They deserve to go out with a rowdy sellout crowd and a rousing send off into their unprecedented, school record, 3rd consecutive trip to the NCAA Tournament.

We will be watching here in the Golden State.

Go Billikens!