Who is the weakest link on the offense?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been frustrated with the play as of late as well BUT this group of seniors has given us the best ride that Billiken fans have experienced in decades with their steady play over the last few years. It is inexcusable to throw any of them under the bus at this point.

I think we all need a little perspective

To the Faithful all Billikens are great offensively....don't you know that man! I am okay with Barnett...might want to focus on DE and his reduced contribution in this stretch. If he had stronger numbers we would be in good shape and have him back at the 3. Sometime you get it and other times you do not.

I think more than the offense it's rebounding that's been killing us. Against GM, DU, now VCU we've allowed too many second chances. Rebounding's effort and putting a body on someone. Any number of times yesterday our guys just gave VCU an open road to the hoop to haul down their misses. Last year we had CE and CR to minimize A team's O rebounds, right now we don't have that element.

I think more than the offense it's rebounding that's been killing us. Against GM, DU, now VCU we've allowed too many second chances. Rebounding's effort and putting a body on someone. Any number of times yesterday our guys just gave VCU an open road to the hoop to haul down their misses. Last year we had CE and CR to minimize A team's O rebounds, right now we don't have that element.

We used to put in Grandy to help with rebounding........I don't know what's changed but Grandy is not the answer......

Manning and Barnett trade it back and forth every couple of weeks. Also Glaze on the rare occasion he gets a change to play. He can rebound but jesus he looks like he's never played basketball before in his life.

Manning and Barnett trade it back and forth every couple of weeks. Also Glaze on the rare occasion he gets a change to play. He can rebound but jesus he looks like he's never played basketball before in his life.

This is your team (next year)

manning is terrible

Hey, do not take cheap shots like that about any of our players. Ever.

An observation, a concern, sure, but what you wrote is inappropriate for a Billiken fan to write.

What do know about the dedication, time, sacrifice and effort that it takes to be a D-1 player? He is out there giving his best for guys like you that sit on your ass.

The weakest link is predictability. Whether it is JJ's drive down the lane on his left hand, or DE's low post moves, or RL's 3's from the key, all of these earlier successful tactics have become predictable 20 games into season. Our opponents have learned how to counter these tactics. This is the second reason why I was early to comment about the importance of playing the bench. An opponent can design a defense and offense to defeat one team profile or set of composite skills, but you can upset that design by changing the composite skills on the court even if the team on the floor doesn't represent the 5 best athletes on the team.

Well what are other teams gonna do when they've got four shooters around the perimeter to deal with (any four out of McCall, McBroom, Crawford, Loe, and Lancona) and DE and JM owning the now-uninhabited paint? They'll freak! And stretching the defense like that opens up the paint not only for DE to work it down low but for JJ to do his magic. Shake it up, for Christ's sake. Obviously something ain't working anymore...