GDT: Beat Gimmick Round Two

Stupid post is stupid. You got beat by Wichita, and nobody you have BEAT is the caliber of "overrated" UVA.

And we have owned Wichita that past thee years. We knocked them out of the tourney two seasons ago. They are scared to death to see us in their bracket.

You really "owned" them last year when they beat you at your place.

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Go back to whence you came. Why are you here? We don't care about VCWho.

Re the schedule, you can't play them if they won't play you, and that is the simple truth. But we did play Wichita State, which is undefeated (31-0) and a probable #1 seed. VCWho has played no one of that caliber, including overrated Virginia, from the weak this year ACC.

I like this board, and have been nothing but respectful. I think you're the only poster here who just doesn't seems out of touch with modern basketball, and disrespectful of your opponent at the same time. VCU was the better team today, as was SLU when you beat us.

For a mid-major, scheduling comes last as your program develops. VCWho has grown past that label and is now scheduling H+H'a with ACC teams. VCU beat the ACC champ, on the same floor that Syracuse was wiped clean with.

I wish SLU had beaten Wichita St., but VCU clearly has the better wins (espeially @UVa)when you're comparing it with a WSU home loss.

Good game today, like I posted two weeks ago- think it'll be a great game in Brooklyn. Wish I could be there, but I'll be at my own bachelor party. Good luck the rest of the way!

You do not have standing to call a post from someone with 2 degrees from SLU "stupid."

Moderators: It's time.

And by the way, your beloved VCWho Gimmick is in 3rd Place in the A10 with 4 conference losses, having lost at St. Joe's. Let's see- you lost at St. Joe's, UMass, GW, and SLU. As such, Gimmick gets exposed on the lonely road.

VCU's gameplan is based on the refs not calling their constant hand-checks.

That's why they lose on the road and win at home. The GAMEPLAN consists of working the officials to get a favorable outcome. They got a very favorable outcome tonight.

You do not have standing to call a post from someone with 2 degrees from SLU "stupid."

Moderators: It's time.

And by the way, your beloved VCWho Gimmick is in 3rd Place in the A10 with 4 conference losses, having lost at St. Joe's. Let's see- you lost at St. Joe's, UMass, GW, and SLU. As such, Gimmick gets exposed on the lonely road.

VCU is the only team in the country this year to have faced 4 straight top 40 teams, 3/4 on the road. We're safely in the tournament, and battle tested, unlike previous years. All I can ask for.

lol @ Talking about us losing on the road, when we clearly have the toughest road schedule in the league.

lol @ Talking about refs when out of the two games SLU has a +8 PF advantage.

lol @ Saying we have athletes, but not players. Statistically our defenses are even, but our offense is ranked about 58 spots higher than yours.

lol @ Trying to discredit our wins, while you have zero good ones(minus us).

lol @ At all this crap talk from a team that almost got merked by Mason twice and lost to Dusquesne.

Most of all....

lol @ Getting dusted on our floor.

VCU is a damn good basketball team. SLU is too. I don't care which team is better. All I care about is finishing the season strong and making a run in the tourney. I'd rather finish 5th in the A10 and go to the Sweet 16 than win the A10 but lose in the 1st round.

VCU is a damn good basketball team. SLU is too. I don't care which team is better. All I care about is finishing the season strong and making a run in the tourney. I'd rather finish 5th in the A10 and go to the Sweet 16 than win the A10 but lose in the 1st round.

Listen to this guy.

A shining ray of intelligence and civility in a sea of vile excrement.

It's not the refs it's the illegal way they play the game. We get knocked down-no foul-we breathe on a VCWhoer it's a foul!

Then how is that not the refs? They are not calling the rules.

We all see the same thing. Something needs to be done about it.

I have my own opinions on the matter, unsuitable to a public board.

Please keep touting how your easy route final four run (and Butler loss) was so great. We all care. We do.

The truth is VCWho should not have even been in the NCAA Tournament in its 2011 Final 4 year, as it was the recipient of an exceedingly rare gift bid to a mid-major. VCU was 23-11 on Selection Sunday that year, with RPI of 49, having finished in 4th Place in the mid-major Colonial Athletic Association, having lost 4 of its last 5 regular season games, and not having won its conference tournament.

Oh if our Rich Grawer coached Billikens had been so lucky in 1989 when the Billikens were 23-9 on Selection Sunday, snubbed by the NCAA and finished 27-10 as the NIT Runner-up.

The 2nd Butler final game team was also fortuitous, as Butler finished in a 3 way tie for the mid-major Horizon League title, and very well may not have been in the Big Dance absent winning the Horizon League Tournament.

But at least Butler won its conference tournament (a rare concession here when it comes to Butler).

Whine, cry, boo hoo, refs, wahhhhh. So many puss.ies around here.

Once again, SLU has gotten the calls in these games. My God, the homerism on this board is absurd.

What will your excuses be when you go down in flames in Brooklyn?

You are the one talking the smack.

You know your team plays Gimmick "defense" just as far as the refs allow.

Even after tonight's game that you were predicted to win, you are 2 games behind SLU with 2 to play, and in 3rd Place in the A10, even behind St. Joe's. Wow. 3rd Place VCWho and Smart rank right up there with the UCLA Bruins with Alcindor and Walton and the Wizard of Westwood himself.

You are the one talking the smack.

You know your team plays Gimmick "defense" just as far as the refs allow.

Even after tonight's game that you were predicted to win, you are 2 games behind SLU with 2 to play, and in 3rd Place in the A10, even behind St. Joe's. Wow. 3rd Place VCWho and Smart rank right up there with the UCLA Bruins with Alcindor and Walton and the Wizard of Westwood himself.

We didnt need to play defense. Your guys were so scared of That Animal that they were throwing the ball out of bounds for no reason.

"VCwho" dominated the entire game and your guys were shook. Mo sent Jett back to St Louis with the imprint of a basketball on his face.

I'm not sure it will go down much differently in Brooklyn. We focused on stopping Evans and it worked.

Billiken fans, # 5 Kansas just lost to unranked OK St who needed a victory badly, a very similar situation, KU played without passion, lots of turnovers, so even with a superior squad, lost.

KU will be back and ready for the tourneys. I think KU can win the whole thing.

Upsets like this happened a lot this weekend.

Again.

It is letdown time of the year. Happening all over the place.

We were ranked # 10 in AP & USA, in their minds the kids knew they just have to win one of last 4 to win A-10, they were thinking about the A-10 & NCAA Tournaments.

So they sleepwalk through Duquesne and then have a fired up road revenge team to face like VCU that is battling for an A-10 bye and wanting to knock off a Top 10 team for their NCAA resume. Ouch.

Lots of upsets like this last week and this week, and / or some 15 point favorites that have won at the buzzer by a point.

I worry about Evans' hip and we seem a little tired (or is it the letdown lack of 100% effort) but other than that, we are the same team and should be solid for the tournaments. So IMO not much has changed.

None of us are sure how good we really are, a great record then a few letdown losses, and haven't beaten a real top notch team but we might be capable of getting to The Sweet Sixteen.

We shall see.

Thank you MB I needed that reminder tonight