Season NOT Over

Bills By 40

Dwayne's World said that the bandwagon fans "left before the team officially lost." In a light manner, I surmised that the game was officially lost during the 18-2 run.

Do you get it now?

RB2. I won't quit on them. I will be back for the Dayton game, and I'll will watch the A10 and NCAA tourney games on TV.

MM. Is 6K empty? I might be wrong, but I thought I read that between season ticket holders and student tickets, that total is a little over 6,000. That's where I got that number.

The run ended with about 7 min left in the game and we we're down 53-47 after Mike's 3. The game was officially over at that point? Wow, you have the shortest leash I have ever seen. There was every chance the world our guys would finally have something click and we could pull out at that point. 6 points in 7 min? That's nothing if the team played anything like normal

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dwayne's World said that the bandwagon fans "left before the team officially lost." In a light manner, I surmised that the game was officially lost during the 18-2 run.

Do you get it now?

RB2. I won't quit on them. I will be back for the Dayton game, and I'll will watch the A10 and NCAA tourney games on TV.

MM. Is 6K empty? I might be wrong, but I thought I read that between season ticket holders and student tickets, that total is a little over 6,000. That's where I got that number.

I guess since you just hopped on the wagon you don't actually know much about the team. Probably why you thought it was officially(?) over before it was.

"Ah shoot, well they're down 9 for the first time since Wisconsin, with just under a quarter of the game left. Seems insurmountable to me, this is college basketball after all. Time to pack it in."

You quit on them this time but thank goodness you won't for Dayton. Thanks for sharing, I think I get it now.

Beat VCU and all will be well again. We were due for a bad game. Everyone has them. This is our first bad loss, after 27 games. Not bad. We will fight hard against VCU, beat Dayton, and fight hard again against UMASS. We will do fine in the tournament. We played

FIRST LOSS SINCE THE BEGINNING OF FREAKING DECEMBER! (it did sting until i remembered that)

My Lord, it was a JOKE or a play on words. Levity can be a soothing medication.

I didn't leave. I knew the game wasn't over at that point.

If you took a breath afterwards and go back to the flow and sequences of the game, you have to admit the 18-2 run by the Iron Dukes pretty much was the primary series of possessions that could be said "officially lost them the game."

I know it’s not “officially” over until the clock hits 0:00, but that run was definitely the defining sequence as one looks back.

Sulfan 13, this is a list of the positives from last night loss:

That's it

This might be giving the team too much credit...

Seriously though, great post. There can be nothing positive to be said about last night's game. We were downright outplayed, and as fans, though we often overreact, we have the right to be disappointed after an effort like that, especially as it came from a senior laden team that was ranked in the Top 10

I confess to leaving early yesterday. My 3 year old had enough and was starting to throw a temper tantrum. While I didnt blame him I did feel bad to leave with just over 5 min left but figured it was for the best.

I saw you running out like a coward. I felt bad for you.

Even I was off my game...DS tried to hand me another beer and I passed it off to someone else faster than John Manning could get rid of the ball with 3 seconds left on the clock.

Tomorrow will be our finest hour. A big win to forget about this loss and 40 drinks to make sure we'll have to check the VCU box score Sunday morning to figure out who won.

Am I the only one who thought the crowd sucked last night? 25% couldn't even find their seat before tip. Lone bright spot was the student section. Go figure.

There wasn't a lot to get excited about. Team was flat, we never really went on a run except when we pushed the lead to 7 early in the 2nd half.

I confess to leaving early yesterday. My 3 year old had enough and was starting to throw a temper tantrum. While I didnt blame him I did feel bad to leave with just over 5 min left but figured it was for the best.

I figured your son threw a temper tantrum because you made him sit next to a portly fella, in the tight under armour heat gear, who smelled like he hadn't bathed since 2013. That guy's odor was absolutely horrific.

I figured your son threw a temper tantrum because you made him sit next to a portly fella, in the tight under armour heat gear, who smelled like he hadn't bathed since 2013. That guy's odor was absolutely horrific.

Doesn't the kid always sit next to Backhand?

Damn good point. Maybe that game was what he needed to break out of his shell. If he can be a consistent, reliable scoring threat down the stretch we're gonna be tough. Real excited for tomorrow.

Thank you, I'm lookin for him to play a huge role both scoring and ball handling against the the pressure. Let's see if he can't establish a little rhythm behind the arc again. It'd be huge

Thank you, I'm lookin for him to play a huge role both scoring and ball handling against the the pressure. Let's see if he can't establish a little rhythm behind the arc again. It'd be huge

Well he did play a great game, just not enough of the game. What's up with that?

That dude was strange. It probably didn't help the boy was coughing all over him.