OT: NIT vs. March Madness

Bills By 40

Mudkat. If you haven't ignored me yet I have a deal for you.

SLU wins Saturday. You never post here again

Nope, I'll post congratulations, and a thank you for the RPI boost. Just don't call me names.

SLU wins by 11+ you never post here again.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What name did I call anyone? Called him a troll. Maybe used profanity but never called him a name or used profanity for his name.

Seriously I'm willing to get banned if it means these guys will get banned too. I'm tired of them ruining the board

take solace in the fact this guy's sole form of entertainment seems to be cranking it to the SI swimsuit issue (so 2002 for me personally) and then jumping on the bills board because this board wipes the floor with ramnation. hat tip to signguy.

I think it should be plainly obvious to everyone now that MUDKAT is not a VCU fan coming over to this board 'just to talk a little basketball.' He is just a troll that gets his jollies from stirring up sh*t and completely ruining a perfectly good message board. There is no reasoning with him. As a good little troll, he specializes in circular logic. All discussions with him are neverending and infinite. You reach no conclusions, which is by design. Questions are answered with questions or with demands that he be proven wrong. At times, to lure someone in, he'll make a decent, fact-based, interesting post, only as a way to get back to his normal operating function.

We can all try to not engage him, but he will still just insert himself into every thread, making his presence known even if he gets no responses. He'll just continue to clog up and hijack threads and make this board painful to read. The ignore feature works, but when you have an insistent troll like MUDKAT, he'll still make threads hard to follow due to how often he posts. Personally, I'm asking for the mods to 86 this troll ASAP. While we may do a good job of moderating ourselves on this board, it is apparent what MUDKAT is doing.

I think it should be plainly obvious to everyone now that MUDKAT is not a VCU fan coming over to this board 'just to talk a little basketball.' He is just a troll that gets his jollies from stirring up sh*t and completely ruining a perfectly good message board. There is no reasoning with him. As a good little troll, he specializes in circular logic. All discussions with him are neverending and infinite. You reach no conclusions, which is by design. Questions are answered with questions or with demands that he be proven wrong. At times, to lure someone in, he'll make a decent, fact-based, interesting post, only as a way to get back to his normal operating function.

We can all try to not engage him, but he will still just insert himself into every thread, making his presence known even if he gets no responses. He'll just continue to clog up and hijack threads and make this board painful to read. The ignore feature works, but when you have an insistent troll like MUDKAT, he'll still make threads hard to follow due to how often he posts. Personally, I'm asking for the mods to 86 this troll ASAP. While we may do a good job of moderating ourselves on this board, it is apparent what MUDKAT is doing.

+100

As somebody who has had a little bit of experience identifying and eradicating trolls, it is my opinion that MUDKAT has earned the troll label and needs to be sent away. He was given a long leash, but he has made it clear what he is all about. A quick skim of his posts shows that there was some bball talk as it related to SLU v. VCU, but several times he promised that he would be leaving the board. Obviously that didn't happen. Instead, he began wading into a bunch of non-VCU topics with the clear intent of trying to stir up sh!t and ruin decent threads. The fact that he was banned from his own board is a major red flag. My definition of a troll is a simple one: An individual whose sole intent is to deliberately disrupt a message board. Mudkat meets the criteria. Plus, there has become growing support on here to get rid of this fool. Steve, please do your thing.

I'm tired of them ruining the board

I'm sorry I ruined your board by answering a question that was presented. But, after reading some of the subsequent posts, it seems as if you do that to yourselves.

Did you expect every single person to give the same answer? Did an alternative view scare you that much?

Yeah I'm not really sure how Mudkat hasn't been banned yet.

As for sir boxington. The postie will come out in him. The only thing he's done since he got on this board is be contrarian to everything. This thread. The post about how Mizzou isn't the only state school to not play other teams in their state. It's just annoying. I'm fine with all sorts of opinions on here, but it's clear that he came on here just to give the opposite opinion. And he won't give out his row and seat number. Would be nice to see who he is. I wouldn't even talk to the guy. Just like to see if he's actually a fan.

Unfortunately, I finally moved to blocking them both. For some reason they haven't been banned yet, so I had to give in to blocking someone for the first time ever. Hopefully they don't hijack anymore threads and ruin the conversation because blocking someone doesn't solve that.

ACE there is a difference between trolling and expressing opinion, as you know. The person posting anything non standard must be ready to by made fun of at times by the board, witness the issue with the "mexican ice" that has kept on coming after my posts. I see no reason to get very upset about these. I have read SirBoxington's posts and yes, they do not follow the majority opinion, but I do not think he is trolling. And yes, I do think we have a lot of very thin skinned people here who are not willing to accept other views.

ACE there is a difference between trolling and expressing opinion, as you know. The person posting anything non standard must be ready to by made fun of at times by the board, witness the issue with the "mexican ice" that has kept on coming after my posts. I see no reason to get very upset about these. I have read SirBoxington's posts and yes, they do not follow the majority opinion, but I do not think he is trolling. And yes, I do think we have a lot of very thin skinned people here who are not willing to accept other views.

Not having the majority opinion is fine. That's what message board discussion is for. What I have a problem with is him coming onto this board 2 days ago and having nothing but the opposite opinion. Notice how the only threads he's commented in are ones that are opinion based. He hasn't talked SLU basketball at all. He's talked about how Mizzou isn't the only team to not play other in state schools (obviously a troll topic) and he's come on here and been pretty much the only person to have an opposing view. I'll believe that he's not a troll once he actually discusses SLU basketball (especially since he claims to be a basketball expert) and he continues that. You haven't been on here long enough to know that this is exactly what guys like Postcard did. Have a ton of opposite opinions. Throw in some token posts about how he supports SLU or what he knows about the team. And then he snaps when SLU has success and the full troll comes out.

Boxington is Postie. Exactly two posters have ever brought up that my location is listed as Jeffco. Boxington and Postie. Add that with the fact Boxington feels it is his job to keep Billiken fans from getting cocky and provide them history lessons........ we have a positive ID. He will soon be wishing ACE luck collecting cans and challenging Skip to a fight at Home Depot.

First of all, it's a bad comparison. If you are a potential high-seed for the NCAA tourney, the NIT is not even on your radar.

Now, to answer the question of which is better, a first-round NCAA loss or a five-win NIT run, it depends on what kind of team you have.

if you are a young team that developed well as the season progressed, then a five-win NIT run would really benefit you in the next two years. Didn't the Billikens make the final of the CBI a couple of years ago with a lot of these same players. Now look where they are. I'm sure Crews will remind them of what they went through to win four games in two weeks in that tourney.

If you are a veteran team that has a played well all year with the NCAA on their minds, then of course that is your carrot. Anything less would be demoralizing and there would no way a broken team like that could win 5 post season games in the NIT.

I wanted to re-post my original answer, because I'm not sure it was read or understood that well.
In the first sentence, using SLU's season as a reference, I state the NCAA is the only thing on your mind.
In the second sentence, I throw out a scenario, that has nothing to do with the 13-14 Billikens, and allows you to take a look outside the box you are currently nesting in.
In the third paragraph I explain the scenario.
In the fourth paragraph, I explain the other side of said scenario, which is actually in agreement with what most on this thread have relayed back to me.
Instead I was told NEVER and ALWAYS. Those aren't quality words to use if you would like a discussion of thought to take place.
If TROLL means To Release Opinions which Lactate the Lobe, then I guess the shoe fits.

Boxington is Postie. Exactly two posters have ever brought up that my location is listed as Jeffco. Boxington and Postie. Add that with the fact Boxington feels it is his job to keep Billiken fans from getting cocky and provide them history lessons........ we have a positive ID. He will soon be wishing ACE luck collecting cans and challenging Skip to a fight at Home Depot.

I wouldn't expect him to ever respond to this post. Maybe the mods will do something about it though. He doesn't respond to anything that could challenge him. (see row and seat number)

More importantly, we go for 20 straight tonight. And the #1 seed in the A10 Tourney.

Hahahaha busted. I LOVE the idea of two middle aged fuoks duking it out in the lumber section of a home depot. Just winded as after 30 seconds, both of them wishing they'd just stayed home and watched the history channel instead.

He's talked about how Mizzou isn't the only team to not play other in state schools

This statement is more a boost to the SLU program to point out they are not the only ones in this boat.

he's come on here and been pretty much the only person to have an opposing view.

It wasn't an OPPOSING view. It was an alternative view. I actually start and end my thought with the NCAA as the answer. I don't understand why that scared so many people.

He hasn't talked SLU basketball at all.

I mentioned SLU's CBI success from three years ago.

Would be nice to see who he is. I wouldn't even talk to the guy.

These two sentences are just weird.

Just like to see if he's actually a fan.

I'm a big college basketball fan who lives in STL with no connection to SLU.

Notice how the only threads he's commented in are ones that are opinion based.

How does one comment on something without an opinion?

Add that with the fact Boxington feels it is his job to keep Billiken fans from getting cocky and provide them history lessons

I never said it was my job. I said that's why my Billiken buddies like having me around and invite me to the games.