Ray Hartmann calls for SLU/Mizzou series

bonwich

You act like Mizzou is some perennial powerhouse. Will we be as good next year as we are this year? No. But that's okay and obvious considering we're having one of the best years in our programs history.

I actually have pretty high hopes for next year. I'm not sure if we'll be a tourney team but we won't be as bad as idiots like you seem to think. We will have one of the best back courts in the A10 with McBroom and Ash. Our front court should be pretty good too, with Manning, Glaze, Reggie, and Lancona eating up most of the minutes. Add in a solid group of freshman and a system that focuses on tough D and teamwork and I think we'll be alright.

"Idiots"

And I should be banned. Gotta love the Billikens Main Board!

It's possible you might get to the CBI tournament though. You are really serious about the backcourt thing with your starters eating up 30 plus minutes every game? McBroom and Ash? Ash hasn't played a minute. Lancona plays 7.4 minutes a game. Reggie plays 5.6 minutes a game. Glaze averages 4.5 PPG.

McBroom at 8.3 PPG is going to lead the way. He'll be your best player. He looks to be a true baller, but the rest are in for a rude awakening having to all of a sudden play D1 ball. One of the best backcourts in the A10? Seriously?

Not bashing...just looking at what SLU will have and being realistic about it.

Hearing the truth kinda sucks don't it?

Yeah, I'm an idiot that knows nothing about the game...

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Next year may be rough but I dont see why they wont be back in the dance in two years.

This years group of seniors made the tourney in their sophomore years. The group of freshman this year and the ones coming in next year are rated higher than the group of seniors we have now. They will still be playing the same defensive philosophy and with the experince gained next year I see no reason why they wont be top 25 again in two years.

I'm not a big fan of judging classes by the number of stars by their names, but Ive seen you talk up recruits rankings a few times on this board. So if you believe in the importance of stars by a recruits name why would this higher rated bunch of recruits not out perform the current seniors?

You want 2 stars or 4 stars? I'll take the 4's all day. 4's are ready to play for the most part. Yeah, some of them bagel, but not many. Ask the guys over at Kentucky about their 4 and 5 stars. Or the other blue-bloods that reload every year with them. We got 3 4 stars on the line and a high 3 star coming in next year along with a very young and experienced team. Got a 4 star as a Soph and a 4 star playing big minutes at PG this year. I'm thinkin I'd rather be on RVA's side.

You want 2 stars or 4 stars? I'll take the 4's all day. 4's are ready to play for the most part. Yeah, some of them bagel, but not many. Ask the guys over at Kentucky about their 4 and 5 stars. Or the other blue-bloods that reload every year with them. We got 3 4 stars on the line and a high 3 star coming in next year along with a very young and experienced team. Got a 4 star as a Soph and a 4 star playing big minutes at PG this year. I'm thinkin I'd rather be on RVA's side.

And our team full of 2 and 3 stars are 3-0 (soon to be 4-0) against you guys

Fine, I'll bite. So next year we'll mess up THEIR RPI? Do you think we will have an RPI of 175 or something? Honestly. MIZ is going to be mediocre again next year after Clarkson likely leaves for the NBA (and will be until they send Haith packing. Dude's an idiot). We will be near the top of the A-10 next year.

No, you won't be 175, because you play in the A10.

And our team full of 2 and 3 stars are 3-0 (soon to be 4-0) against you guys

How soon we forget the original VCU-SLU smackdown...

Seriously, let's talk freely about next season. Anyone with a BB IQ is welcome. Those of you with no BB IQ just leave it alone. Do you guys really think the Red Sea's gonna part and these kids are gonna walk through to the promised land next year or the next? Tell me why and I'll be glad to listen.

You missed the point.

This Bills team has prooven to be the best the A10 has to offer for the last two years, by far. Next years freshman and sophomore are higher rated recruits. So why are you expecting a huge dropoff?

Muskrat, I'm sure folks said the same thing about Shaka. "Sure he got to the final 4 with grants recruits but what will he do with his own players."

Or "the final 4 team lost 4 seniors who played major minutes, they won't be any good next year"

You missed the point.

This Bills team has prooven to be the best the A10 has to offer for the last two years, by far. Next years freshman and sophomore are higher rated recruits. So why are you expecting a huge dropoff?

When This current group of seniors were freshman none of them were difference makers and I don't think any of the players coming will be either right away. There will a substantial drop off next year. McBroom and hopefully Ash will be good but after that we have a lot of holes

When This current group of seniors were freshman none of them were difference makers and I don't think any of the players coming will be either right away. There will a substantial drop off next year. McBroom and hopefully Ash will be good but after that we have a lot of holes

I agree. However, I dont see why the Bills cant be dancing again in two years.

God I hate this board. Even if this is probably true, can't we enjoy how great this season is without having to read the negative posts about next season? Or the posts about how we won't make it far in the tourney. It's fine if it's people's opinion and feel free to share it but I'm so tired of the people on here arguing with those people who are optimistic about this season or next.

Muskrat, I'm sure folks said the same thing about Shaka. "Sure he got to the final 4 with grants recruits but what will he do with his own players."

Or "the final 4 team lost 4 seniors who played major minutes, they won't be any good next year"

25 win seasons. Book it. He's got mostly his own young crew in now. Trey and Bri (the guy that's going to own the NCAA all time steals record) have another year to abuse. Plenty of time for the new bigs to learn from the best.

God I hate this board. Even if this is probably true, can't we enjoy how great this season is without having to read the negative posts about next season? Or the posts about how we won't make it far in the tourney. It's fine if it's people's opinion and feel free to share it but I'm so tired of the people on here arguing with those people who are optimistic about this season or next.

I have been a huge advocate of the current Bills since I got here. This is your final 4 year. Go get it!!!!

Sepachs is that you, or schapes, schapes1, etc..

Yeah, I'm thinking it is him but the only part of me that is doubting it is he is quoting some actual basketball names and numbers to go with them - something he hasn't demonstrated in the past. It certainly sounds like him most times, though.

Last time I checked the current front runner for A-10 POY is a 2-star recruit wearing a Billikens uniform.

He IS the A10 player of the year. No doubt in my mind.

Now, if the choice during the recruiting process was between him and a 4 star, he'd be some other conference's POY. Just sayin. That's why they play the games.