Ray Hartmann calls for SLU/Mizzou series

bonwich

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What an amazing season the Billikens are having. Isn't it time for my alma mater Missouri to swallow its pride and schedule a yearly matchup? Btw, with

four games, SLU has already clinched a 1st-round bye in the A-10 tourney:

I say, screw 'em. Let them play SEMO and UMKC. A win over them will will only be the expected and will not add much to our ranking or RPI, while if they upset us it would hurt our RPI. Let's aim higher than Transfer U for our OOC opponents!

I was hoping to meet this team in the tourney but we'll likely be playing in different ones come March. Tired of hearing MU's reasons for not doing this, it really comes down to their reluctance to play tough away games year after year. It's weak and I'd rather see SLU set up some regional rivalries with Memphis, Kansas, Kstate, Illinois, Butler, X etc...

I was hoping to meet this team in the tourney but we'll likely be playing in different ones come March. Tired of hearing MU's reasons for not doing this, it really comes down to their reluctance to play tough away games year after year. It's weak and I'd rather see SLU set up some regional rivalries with Memphis, Kansas, Kstate, Illinois, Butler, X etc...

Given the heat that it seems the SEC is putting on their teams for tougher OOC schedules, I would not be surprised to see an attempt to revive this series, especially considering SLU's countless attempts. I know we say screw MU now, but I'd still love to see this series. Playing KU, Memphis, etc would be great, but the buzz around the area would be awesome for the in-state series.

Well, I'm guessing Butler and X will be moot in about 2016-7. And all of those other teams (save possible Illinois) would take years to establish as "regional rivalries," if that ever happened at all.

Plus there's more local pressure for a SLU/Mizzou series than for any other ongoing series with a BCS team.

I'd love to see home and home, but I'd even settle for an annual 22K attendance game at Scottrade.

Actually, the marketing grand slam would be to schedule an annual Midwest Hoop Titans holiday tourney among Mizzou, SLU, Illinois and Kansas.

What would be better would be sign a deal with KU for an annual game in KC. That would stick it to those arrogant BooneCounty Dick Heads two ways. We'll play your former arch rival, but not you dip s$&ts. And who is Ray Hartman?

Why would we agree to a deal that would be a KU home game every year?

-Frank C. has been plugging a SLU/Mizzou game for some time, he says he was at lunch with a high ranking MU ADept official who said something very close to 'Frank, you can talk about this game 24 hours a day, 365 days a year but understand it will not happen', Coach Grawer's take from a MU official is they don't need the money, so this seems like an 05 horse beater

-I would love some regional rivalries beyond SIUC but Illinois makes no sense to me as I doubt they could come to STL twice every other year, so let's go with Memphis or Lville or other programs of the like if they will play us, it takes two to tango

I believe if the game is at scottrade yes

Come on 05. SLU could easily draw 20k fans to Scottrade if we controlled the tickets. We did it plenty of times back in the day against teams like Kansas, UCLA, Gonzaga, UNC. Yeah, a couple thousand fans of the other team showed up for some of those games but we had the vast majority for each.

I'd be comfortable with a home and home with an elite team if they wanted our home game to be at the Scottrade. Mizzou and Illinois do not count as elite, but teams like Kansas, Duke, UNC, etc. do.