Ranking Tomorrow

joe_davola

I know a few teams in front of us lost but right now the only team I see us jumping is Iowa St. I say we are #11 in the AP tomorrow.

Thoughts?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nova plays in Omaha at Creighton today at 5 eastern on Fox. Remember what Creighton did to them in Philly? If that happens again, will they drop out of top ten?

I doubt it.

SLU is currently #12 in the RPI.

By memory, that may be an all-time best at this point in a season in February.

By comparison, Louisville is #34 in the RPI. After last week's inexplicable Iowa State leapfrog of SLU in the AP Poll, I concur Louisville could do the same. However, there is no way Louisville should be ranked ahead of SLU this year.

Will SLU crack the Top 10?

12 in the RPI translates into a 3 Seed, which also would be an all-time best for SLU in the modern era. I would much rather be a 3 seed than a 4 seed.

#9 Michigan state just lost at home to Nebraska. We really should jump them at this point.

The only question is whether louisville somehow jumps us.

I started thinking this as well when looking at their schedule this week. They crushed someone earlier this week and should win their game today. Should be interesting.

now it's go Bluejays on Fox sports 1. If they knock off #6 Villa 6 of the 11 teams in front of us will have lost since last poll. Seems possible that we could rise to top 10. Not the end all to be sure but so used to being downtrodden that typing us and top 10 in this context is very fulfilling.

now it's go Bluejays on Fox sports 1. If they knock off #6 Villa 6 of the 11 teams in front of us will have lost since last poll. Seems possible that we could rise to top 10. Not the end all to be sure but so used to being downtrodden that typing us and top 10 in this context is very fulfilling.

I'm not sure I agree with rooting for creighton. It wouldn't be out of the question for them to jump us with a win over #6 but I don't see any way we jump Villanova if they lose.

That'd likely be an 8 place jump over us given that we're likely to move up at least one spot. Not out of the question with this week's results, but that'd be a huge jump.

Honestly, if it happened I wouldn't be that upset. They are a really good team, as are we. Solid cases could be made for either school.