A10 Title

Pistol

No, I'm not calling it official yet. But this win puts SLU in great position to win the conference outright (again).

SLU: 10-0

VCU: 8-3

SJU: 7-3

Richmond: 6-3

UMass: 7-4

GW: 7-4

Dayton: 5-5

SBU: 4-6

LaSalle: 4-6

Duquesne: 3-8

Fordham: 2-8

GMU: 2-8

URI: 2-9

The magic number stands at 3 - any combo of SLU wins and SJU/VCU losses to clinch a share of the title.

Tonight, Richmond hosts Fordham and Bonaventure plays at George Mason.

I know we want to win every game. But I will be beyond thrilled if we win our final 3 home games and ANY ONE of the three road games. All I ask. And by my admittedly poor math, that will win the league.

Which (if you assume we win our statistically easiest road game, GMU) would result in a 27-4 finish and a projected RPI of 11. I can live with that.

I know we want to win every game. But I will be beyond thrilled if we win our final 3 home games and ANY ONE of the three road games. All I ask. And by my admittedly poor math, that will win the league.

I understand your sentiment, but this team is already unique in Billiken history. We should expect nothing less than running the table.

The projection holds ---- 14 and 2 in the conference right now. You have to figure VCU is hamstrung trying to get off the schneid against us these last two years. They NEED a win in Richmond very badly for their team psyche. I believe Bilikenboy's assessment is a good one. Umass has righted the ship what with their win at GeeDubya. I don't think they'll catch us and the final game may be moot in terms of the standings for us but it will still be tough win on Chaz' Senior Night.

Odds are that even though these kids are hard nosed, on a mission, intense, focused, when they clinch the A-10 regular season title or even sense they have it made, they will let down, most likely on the road, and lose a game, thinking about the energy needed for the A-10 Tourney and then the Big Dance. I cannot fault them if they let one go.

Historically, this happens, even to the very best.

I understand your sentiment, but this team is already unique in Billiken history. We should expect nothing less than running the table.

I hope we do run the table. That would just be gravy icing on my cake. But I'll be thrilled with another A10 championship, however we get it.

Several analysts and sportswriter seem to think that the best candidate to stop our streak is VCU. But GM and GW on the road will also be tough as we now have a big target on our back in the A-10. They're certainly already in, but the seeding will be the question based on final ranking and RPI.