Bob Knight

Billikenswin

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bobbie is not my favorite analyst. I think the game has passed him bye. Take that Doc B

I actually think he is pretty good and he at least knows and talks basketball theory and tactics. Dicky V drives me insane and Bill Walton is even worse. I never thought I would dislike a TV announcer more than Dicky V but Walton takes the cake for insane patter and ridiculous comments all laced with stupid favoritism.

One would have to assume that means a pro-Crews, pro-Billiken slant to the game. That'll be nice.

After the LaSalle cheerleader and asst coach we just had, Bobby's going to be a breath of fresh air. ESPN ought to give us equal time and let Rammer call it. He'd drive those VCU fans crazy w/ "Yes, Jordair Jett with another slash for 2." Or, "Bang, Junyah, for a 3!"

Bobbie is not my favorite analyst. I think the game has passed him bye. Take that Doc B

good one, Willie, that's rich!!

add that Clapton dude: guitar has passed him by. Or the beloved Jack Nicklaus: golf has just passed him by . . . . boo hoo. if you're trying to get my goat, it will take more than that !!!

seriously, the general has forgotten more about basketball than anyone on here will ever learn. He can probably size up the players on the court in roughly 90 seconds. I'm prejudiced, but gee whiz: he knows the game and communicates it well, and concisely. Who do you think taught Crews, anyway??

and that's what we, and the espn folks creaming themselves, love the most about SLU right now: good old fashioned Norman Dale basketball. you know, screens, help defense, swinging it side to side to side, that sort of stuff.

I don't know doc. Did you watch the Mo. Vandy game. Kept saying Vandy couldn't win shooting the 3 ball. Had to throw it into the middle and score inside. Every time it went inside was a turnover or blocked shoot. Vandy hit 12 three's to win the game. Must have made the point 4 times.

I liked the program in BK's last year or so which dealt with which of three walk-ons would be selected to get the last spot.

When SLU auditions for walk-ons (who actually have a chance to play their way onto the court) we will have arrived. Can you

imagine Tanner Lancona having to walk on to play at Washington or Washington State-only Washington getting any votes in

the polls is George Washington.