OT: 10* Super Bowl Lock of the Decade

MB73

10*, Seattle, + 2 1/2.

Rare once in a decade MB73 10 star. Seattle will win outright by 21. Blowout.

Seattle played the 7th toughest schedule in the NFL (after playoff games) whereas Denver played the 18th. Before the playoffs, it was a wider disparity. Denver's SOS got better as they played two playoff games, it was > 20.

Seattle beat San Francisco, maybe the best, well balanced (though road weary) team in the NFL to get here. Denver beat an injury riddled New England team, with 6-7 quality starters out, including 5-6 All Pro type players.

Seattle is healthy. Denver is missing their star LB, CB, and a key DL. They lost their star LT early in the year.

The game is on artificial turf. Faster game than on grass, so Seattle's cuts and footwork are the same, Denver has an ever so slight but significant change on every play.

Denver's one advantage, their passing game, will be neutralized significantly by the weather, about 20 degrees at game time, lower wind chill with 5-15 mph winds. The physics of the game change dramatically, it is very significant. One of the best QB's ever, Peyton Manning, will be hindered, he has had historical problems throwing in the extreme cold, and any deep passing game will be a risk, the ball will drift in the wind and cold. The Seattle DB's will jam the receivers and keep it tight. I don't like them personally but they are top notch. And on artificial turf, the Seattle DL and LB's will speed rush and bother Manning often, when they don't sack him.

The weather will make it a power smash mouth game, and Seattle's style will benefit. Seattle will score a TD on "D" and / or get the ball in the red zone to set up a score. RB Lynch gets better as the game goes on. Over rated Seattle QB Wilson will be a good fit in this environment, minimize mistakes, hand the ball off to Lynch, throw tight short passes, keep the ball on the option play for some first downs, run the clock, depend on the defense.

Team comparisons:

Seattle DB’s superior

Seattle LB’s better

Seattle DL superior

Seattle RB much better

Seattle-Denver OL equal

Denver WR & TE’s better (though if Harvin is effective, it is about equal)

Denver QB superior (well, in nice weather!)

Seattle coaching better

Seattle faced 8 teams in the top 6 in total defense & 7 teams that won at least 10 games. Denver has really inflated passing statistics since they've faced 9 teams who ranked in the bottom 8 in yards per play defense. And Manning poured it on when he had the chance, and he often did against hapless opponents. Seattle has allowed just 14.4 PPG this season. They have 8 of out of 10 best skill position players in this matchup.

I would like to see Peyton go out a winner, complete his legacy, he is a good person, an icon. I think this is his last game either way. But everything points to Seattle domination.

Bet it big. Tell your friends about the impending blowout and impress them, some of you will be right about something for a change. You know who you are. :)

Enjoy.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The temp is expected to be 40 degrees at kick off

Hard to know, but last report was 30's at kickoff, dropping into the 20's into the evening. Winds 5-15, so then you have a cold wind chill and tough passing conditions.

The colder and windier it is, the better for Seattle. I will wait to see the conditions as they change, but it will definitely be in Seattle's favor. It is a just matter of degree.

You lost me when you said the receivers and tight ends were about equal if Harvin is 100 percent. The Broncos No. 3 receiver (Welker) is about on par with Harvin. The Broncos have a huge edge at receiver and tight end - not even close in talent. I like the Broncos to win 31-17. I think many are overlooking the way the Broncos defense has played the last few weeks - allowed 33 points in two playoff games to the Chargers and Patriots (both those teams have better offenses than the Seahawks).

You lost me when you said the receivers and tight ends were about equal if Harvin is 100 percent. The Broncos No. 3 receiver (Welker) is about on par with Harvin. The Broncos have a huge edge at receiver and tight end - not even close in talent. I like the Broncos to win 31-17. I think many are overlooking the way the Broncos defense has played the last few weeks - allowed 33 points in two playoff games to the Chargers and Patriots (both those teams have better offenses than the Seahawks).

RE: WR's, read the write-up again.

Denver is pass happy and especially early in the year in good conditions, kicked ass. Of course their WR's looked good. And Peyton poured it on for blowouts against weak teams.

Denver has not played against top notch "D"'s. "Denver has really inflated passing statistics since they've faced 9 teams who ranked in the bottom 8 in yards per play defense."

Peyton is gonna burn Seattle's secondary. Kaepernick is a horrible quarterback, Peyton would have thrown that pass right over Sherman into crabtree's hands

ONE PLAY.

IF he was not hindered, yes, Manning might have made that tough throw.

But SF has a great OL, held off a great Seattle DL on that play, I do not think Denver would have protected him. Peyton might have been on his back on that play, or hurried it. Seattle DL and LB's might have pounded him into the turf.

I agree Kaepernick is overrated and inconsistent (like Wilson), not a consistent pocket passer, not even close to Manning.

Broncos can play in cold weather outdoors. I'll take that bet and actually a Peyton blow-out would not surprise me. Sherman set himself up by running his mouth nad now it's payback time.

No, they are not as effective.

And Sherman is a jerk but that has no effect on the outcome.

Look at the position matchups, artificial turf, strength of schedule, "D", running game, and weather... even if it starts at 40 the wind will be there and the temp will drop during the 4 hour extravaganza. The team with the superior physical "D" and running game wins in the NFL especially when passing conditions are not optimal.

Temps in the 30's at kickoff, winds 5-15, temps down to 20 as the game goes, Seattle by 21.

40 degrees at kickoff, down to 30, Seattle by 16.

In a dome with regular natural grass, Seattle by 6.

RE: WR's, read the write-up again.

Denver is pass happy and especially early in the year in good conditions, kicked ass. Of course their WR's looked good. And Peyton poured it on for blowouts against weak teams.

Denver has not played against top notch "D"'s. "Denver has really inflated passing statistics since they've faced 9 teams who ranked in the bottom 8 in yards per play defense."

Even if you think the Broncos passing numbers are inflated, you still can't say that Golden Tate, Doug Baldwin and Percy Harvin are close in talent to Demaryius Thomas, Eric Decker and Wes Welker. Throw out the numbers and just look at the talent, and the Broncos have a huge edge at receiver. And don't forget about the tight ends - Julius Thomas had a breakout season and is a much tougher matchup than Zach Miller.

Even if you think the Broncos passing numbers are inflated, you still can't say that Golden Tate, Doug Baldwin and Percy Harvin are close in talent to Demaryius Thomas, Eric Decker and Wes Welker. Throw out the numbers and just look at the talent, and the Broncos have a huge edge at receiver. And don't forget about the tight ends - Julius Thomas had a breakout season and is a much tougher matchup than Zach Miller.

If Harvin is healthy, it is pretty close, even comparable, "talent" wise.

It is style, too, again, Seattle is a run-first team, Denver is a pass happy team, so the receivers look better with a HOF QB.

Manning thrived against weaker teams, piled it on. Denver played a lot of weak "D"'s, when NE CB Tajib got hurt early in the game, GAME OVER, NE was down to NOBODY. NE was already missing an all pro DL, another good DL, an all pro LB, another good LB, a good safety, another CB, then Tajib; to boot, Manning only had 230 passing yards vs. SD the week before.

If Harvin is healthy, it is pretty close, even comparable, "talent" wise.

It is style, too, again, Seattle is a run-first team, Denver is a pass happy team, so the receivers look better with a HOF QB... Manning thrived against weaker teams, piled it on.

Manning was great no matter the opponent. He didn't just pad his stats against the weaker teams. He played seven games against teams that made the playoffs this season. In those seven games, he threw for 2,208 yards (315 per game), 21 TDs (3 TDs per game) and 5 INTs (1 INT per game). His numbers were super consistent. Sure, the pass-first offense pads the numbers of all involved but he produced no matter the matchup. This passing attack will go down as one of the best in the history of the game and his receivers are off the charts talented. There is no way the same trio of Seahawks receivers would produce similar numbers if they switched teams. Their numbers would be better but not on the same level of these current Bronco receivers.

Give manning two weeks to break down the defense and he'll know it better than they do. Denver in a blowout.