FYI: Miles Reynolds Nominated for McDonald's All-American

slu06

Saw this in the paper today: http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/highschool/boysbasketball/chi-13-illinois-players-nominated-for-mcdonalds-allamerican-games-bkb-20140107,0,1804088.story

Odds of being named an All-American are slim, but this is still a nice accolade and some good publicity for the Bills.

Also, Whitney Young currently ranked 4th in the state by one pundit: http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/highschool/chi-boys-basketball-rankings-week-5-0107-prep-bkb-20140106,0,2313630.story

My son was nominated for the McDonald's All-American team in 2005. He was a nice 6'3" player but was never more than a low D-1/D-2 prospect. Yes it is nice to be nominated, but don't take that as being evidence that the player who gets it is a high profile prospect.

Brett Jolly got a free sundae coin from Diary Queen in sixth grade for reading ten books over summer vacation.

If he would have spent more time playing ball instead of reading he would be a better player.

Reading durring the summer is for losers not ball players.

But it is a big deal for these young men so why diminish it? It seems like there always has to be a negative spin on everything on this board.

Not diminishing it for the kid - I get your point . All I was trying to do was to point out to the posters not to get to hyped up by it - it does not mean the kid is some super basketball player - if you liked him before you should still like him regardless if his coach sent his name in or not.