HS Class of 2014 Updates

Pistol

You guys are going to need one for sure until your 3 stars get some time. I like 4 stars way better and we have 3 coming into the fold including a top 50 and 3 top 100s next year to an already loaded squad. Fear the RAM.

Recruiting rankings should be taken with a grain of salt. No one on SLU's current roster was above a 3 star recruit and we are ranked #12 in the country. The last top 100 recruit SLU had transferred after his freshman year and finished his playing career at a Division II school positing disappointing numbers.

SLU won't have as great a season next year because we lose 5 seniors who play 70% of our minutes. However, I'm not worried that we don't have any top 100 recruits coming in. Our recruiting class looks very good to me.

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys are going to need one for sure until your 3 stars get some time. I like 4 stars way better and we have 3 coming into the fold including a top 50 and 3 top 100s next year to an already loaded squad. Fear the RAM.

i'm getting pretty full of youse guys' lunches, but i can squeeze one more in...

yeah, with ACT scores in the high single digits, too, i'm sure. lots of gold stars on their behavior charts to boot. HAVOCOXOZXCX only works against teams with similarly unskilled idiots.

MURRRRRRDDDDEEERRRRRR SHAAKAKAKAKAKAKAKAKAKAKA

Recruiting rankings should be taken with a grain of salt. No one on SLU's current roster was above a 3 star recruit and we are ranked #12 in the country. The last top 100 recruit SLU had transferred after his freshman year and finished his playing career at a Division II school positing disappointing numbers.

SLU won't have as great a season next year because we lose 5 seniors who play 70% of our minutes. However, I'm not worried that we don't have any top 100 recruits coming in. Our recruiting class looks very good to me.

Majerus,can do wonders. Always has. I was a Ute fan for a long while. The guy could make nothing players into solid teams. Let's see what your new guy can do next year with a very poor recruiting class. Rick had forgotten more about basketball than most all of us can remember.

Majerus,can do wonders. Always has. I was a Ute fan for a long while. The guy could make nothing players into solid teams. Let's see what your new guy can do next year with a very poor recruiting class. Rick had forgotten more about basketball than most all of us can remember.

What makes you say our recruiting class is so poor? Hypothetically, one guy from some website watched one of your recruits have one good game and ranked him at 90 and a different guy watched one of ours have one poor game and put him at 120. Again, don't trust the rankings. They are compiled by people who are far from "experts" using limited and imperfect information. Further, they don't say anything about how players will develop.

Majerus was great, but its not like our seniors have stopped developing under Crews. These guys were Sophomores last time Majerus coached them and now they are leading the #12 team in the counrty. I'd say Crews can coach players up as well.

Really???? Good luck with that.

You keep saying you wanna talk basketball but all you do is trash our program and in this case our class coming in... Its not all about athleticism and stars... Its also about character and work ethic the day Shaka and gimmick figure this out they will win the a10 after we are gone to greener pastures.

A guy who goes by HoosierPal has been posting Welmer updates on STLToday: http://interact.stltoday.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1002694&p=13398535#p13398535

Recent notes:

2/8: Welmer had a career high 32 points last night as the Columbus North Bulldogs defeated Bloomington South, 75-56. Elliott was 9 of 14 overall, including 4 for 4 from beyond the arc, and 10 or 13 from the FT line. He also took down 9 rebounds. The Bulldogs are now 15-4.

2/9: Welmer went for 16 and 5 Saturday night in a 85-39 beat down of East Central. Most of the Columbus starters spent the fourth quarter on the bench.

2/16: Columbus North split a pair of games this weekend, loosing to Pike 65-53 and defeating Franklin 72-45. Welmer scored 12 against Pike and was the leading scorer with 19 against Franklin. Friday's game was Pike's 17th consecutive victory against Columbus North. The Bulldogs are now 17-5.

my head is spinning with all these recruits: but is it true that Welmer has already verbaled to come to SLU?? but some websites say 2014 -- or is it (2015)? after prep school?? because if he's coming this coming fall, as this article puts it:

http://www.therepublic.com/view/local_story/North-senior-hopes-to-continue_1386910205

aren't we out of schollies??

I'm confused...

my head is spinning with all these recruits: but is it true that Welmer has already verbaled to come to SLU?? but some websites say 2014 -- or is it (2015)? after prep school?? because if he's coming this coming fall, as this article puts it:

http://www.therepublic.com/view/local_story/North-senior-hopes-to-continue_1386910205

aren't we out of schollies??

I'm confused...

He hasn't officially reclassified yet to 2015, but it is understood that he will be a 2015 recruit.

Coach calls him the "heart and soul" of the team. Great to hear. I like how Reynolds was the lead of the story and Okafor was secondary. It looks like we have another winner with Reynolds.