Former Billikens Updates

thetorch

Just now, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Wow wow wow. Mixed emotions on this one because I hate Arsenal but also Ramsdale. Excuse me if this is a dumb question but any chance Schulte makes the 2026 WC roster as a back up?

I would assume a very good chance. Matt Turner is not good. Prem experience for a 23 year old seems good for his chances.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

So does he need a waiver since he's a two time transfer?

I’m honestly not sure any transfer rules apply anymore curtesy of the courts.

At least for non-academic reasons. A situation like Magassa’s would still apply

Unfortunately for him, this is the kind of injury that heals and allows normal movement after recovery. However, star basketball players require lots more than ordinary mobility of their joints, and recovery to "normal" may or may not allow him to play as he used to before the injury. Remember Perkins when he came back to play after his surgical repair and recovery? He did play but not like before the injury.

53 minutes ago, Old guy said:

Unfortunately for him, this is the kind of injury that heals and allows normal movement after recovery. However, star basketball players require lots more than ordinary mobility of their joints, and recovery to "normal" may or may not allow him to play as he used to before the injury. Remember Perkins when he came back to play after his surgical repair and recovery? He did play but not like before the injury.

But I am reading that Paige Bueckers sp is back to where she was. I think it just depends. 

1 hour ago, willie said:

But I am reading that Paige Bueckers sp is back to where she was. I think it just depends. 

That is correct, but every injury is unique in its own way, the way the injured person uses his/her body is also unique, and the way they recover is also not the same. Another factor that is involved is the psych factor. When you recover from a bad injury it stays in your mind and you become cautious about doing things that might re injure your body in a similar way. Never believe when you read that someone is fully recovered and think they are back to the way they were before. Medically speaking "fully recovered" after something like a hip replacement does not mean you can do yoga, or climb mountains, of play championship basketball. It means you can walk, drive a car, and climb stairs (not fast or multiple floors at a time).

I knew a woman that did yoga who had a hip replacement (the whole show with the steel acetabulum socket liner). On being discharged she asked the Dr. what she could do. The orthopod said you can do what you do normally. She did yoga and popped the steel hip out of the steel socket. They put her together again but that hip was never fully right afterwards. 

If you ever go through a hip or knee replacement and want to know what you can do, be specific when you ask. Mention yoga or basketball by name and go into details if the Dr asks.

44 minutes ago, Old guy said:

That is correct, but every injury is unique in its own way, the way the injured person uses his/her body is also unique, and the way they recover is also not the same. Another factor that is involved is the psych factor. When you recover from a bad injury it stays in your mind and you become cautious about doing things that might re injure your body in a similar way. Never believe when you read that someone is fully recovered and think they are back to the way they were before. Medically speaking "fully recovered" after something like a hip replacement does not mean you can do yoga, or climb mountains, of play championship basketball. It means you can walk, drive a car, and climb stairs (not fast or multiple floors at a time).

I knew a woman that did yoga who had a hip replacement (the whole show with the steel acetabulum socket liner). On being discharged she asked the Dr. what she could do. The orthopod said you can do what you do normally. She did yoga and popped the steel hip out of the steel socket. They put her together again but that hip was never fully right afterwards. 

If you ever go through a hip or knee replacement and want to know what you can do, be specific when you ask. Mention yoga or basketball by name and go into details if the Dr asks.

I appreciate all of this but as I said it just depends. 

• 3 weeks later...

Jimmy Bell, Jr is a dual sport athlete

Mississippi State has a new dual-sport athlete on campus.

Jimmy Bell, Jr., who suited up for the Bulldogs basketball team this season after transferring from West Virginia last summer, is expected to join the school’s football program beginning this week, according to On3.

While Bell might not have any basketball eligibility left, he technically has at least one year of football eligibility remaining. The 6’10”, 280-pounder spent a stint with the Mountaineers’ football program while at West Virginia. He was listed as an offensive lineman but never played in a game.

During his high school years, Bell was a three-star in football before stepping away from the gridiron to focus on basketball after his sophomore year. In his final two prep seasons, he dropped from nearly 370 pounds to 290. At West Virginia, he participated mostly on the scout team after deciding to give football another chance.

Bell averaged 5.0 points and 4.9 rebounds during his lone basketball season in Starkville. He is planning to begin spring practice with the football team on Thursday, but it’s unclear if it’s just a test run or if he’s a shoo-in to be part of Jeff Lebby’s inaugural squad at Mississippi State. The good news is that there’s no fouling out in football.

https://www.supertalk.fm/mississippi-state-basketballs-jimmy-bell-jr-to-join-football-program-for-spring-practice/?fbclid=IwAR2JJhbiX0b3SJwVkAtfVmGu9uqWxs9a-xfSdQ7QvIDOwxIqnQscsspL9Qk